Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

NicoRourke 07-02-2013 10:38 AM

Anyone else finds it funny that since Richie left we have a lot more pictures of Tico and David on the band's FB page?

BJ?YesPlease 07-02-2013 11:08 AM

Glad someone mentioned about the broken shoulder.
Back then Richie, despite suffering such a huge thing for a guitarist, carried on with the tour.

Where's the credit for that?

And ... like someone just said ... that perhaps lead to his later problems. So maybe he's doing the right thing by bailing, knowing its in the best interests of him and the band.

He said he's burnt out in that new interview. I'm not surprised. I don't think most people can appreciate how hard it can be on tour - even as a millionaire.
He wants a break. Even Tico wanted more time. Jon's pushing this band. Too far, in my opinion. BUT - Jon does deserve huge credit because the past few shows he seems to be working harder than ever before to carry it.

If RS comes back later in the year, in better shape, with Jon on the same form, the band could be the best its been for 10 years.

I don't care if have to wait a year, five years....hell, maybe 10 years - but I don't want to see another set of albums that's we've seen since Crush. I want the band back that had passion and integrity. That's not saying I want an old style/production etc - I just want to hear a band doing something for the right reasons.
WAN was too bothered about keeping up with trends - they stole more than one guitar melody/production idea from The Killers, and a whole verse from Matchbox Twenty.

If we have to wait for some amazing, original Bon Jovi, then I'll wait patiently in line.

If Richie's burnt out ... let the guy recover. Stop being so selfish and demanding he play for you. Where's the human quality of having a bit of empathy and understanding? Even if we don't know all the details...

RonJovi 07-02-2013 11:23 AM

That quote re Tico is being taken that Jon forced him out on tour. To me, that's blowing it out of proportion.

As I understand it, Jon said to Tico "Come into the studio" a year or two ago and he said "No". So Jon went and worked on his own.

Tico has had time to recharge the batteries since then and I can't believe that he doesn't want to be out there on tour.

If Richie is burned out then he shouldn't have agreed to tour in the first place.

PatriciaSambora 07-02-2013 11:26 AM

Ava just posted a new video in Rome and talks about Richie but can't understand what she says... Anyone could translate it for me?

DevilsSon 07-02-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1143968)
Ava just posted a new video in Rome and talks about Richie but can't understand what she says... Anyone could translate it for me?

Try the JBJ translator? Does that one work, maybe? Just trying to be helpful...

ezearis 07-02-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Hi Keek, we're in Rome, we're going to meet papa Richie in the lobby, who's getting his glasses, then we're going to a tour in the Vatican and it's going to be really really pretty.

You want it in Spanish?

Hola Keek, estamos en Roma, vamos a encontrarnos con papá Richie en el vestíbulo, fue a buscar sus lentes, y luego vamos a hacer un tour en el Vaticano y va a ser muy muy lindo.

Nothing that anybody should care.

jessycardy 07-02-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1143967)
That quote re Tico is being taken that Jon forced him out on tour. To me, that's blowing it out of proportion.

As I understand it, Jon said to Tico "Come into the studio" a year or two ago and he said "No". So Jon went and worked on his own.

Tico has had time to recharge the batteries since then and I can't believe that he doesn't want to be out there on tour.

If Richie is burned out then he shouldn't have agreed to tour in the first place.

Yes. It's exactly like you said. The Tico thing is being abused when in fact has nothing to do with touring. It was about recording in the studio and Tico DID take his time and Jon worked with someone else in the meantime, so all worked out in the end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1143942)
Not sure if this has been posted, but apparently, he was "burnt," and there is a TV show in the works. :)

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/...wid/1_r4sg2xi9

Thank you for this! No, it hadn't been posted yet.

There's a part that I think really deserves our attention. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Richie says: "I think I was a bit burnt and all that kinda stuff so that's really what happened".

As someone pointed out, if you put together all of his interviews and tweets (from the very same day!), they sound off, like they don't really add up. But it could all come down to the usual matter of us not having the full picture.

Quote:

She says they're going to the hall to pick up Richie 'cause he went to get his sunglasses, or something along those lines.

Bounce7800 07-02-2013 12:00 PM

If he was so burnt, why do a solo tour during the bands time off?
Maybe it was the timing as the band album was announced before Richie's solo tour was over, but if this was the case then he shouldn't have started the tour.

The deception is the most disappointing part of it all- to save face and not hurt ticket sales the fans have been left in the dark. The situation wouldn't have been as bad if he just announced he was burnt out and would be skipping the tour instead of the circus this has become.

rolo_tomachi 07-02-2013 12:05 PM

JBJ and John Shanks, yesterday in West London.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3043/t4eg.jpg

WTF???

Crushgen24/88 07-02-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1143961)
Glad someone mentioned about the broken shoulder.
Back then Richie, despite suffering such a huge thing for a guitarist, carried on with the tour.

Where's the credit for that?

And ... like someone just said ... that perhaps lead to his later problems. So maybe he's doing the right thing by bailing, knowing its in the best interests of him and the band.

He said he's burnt out in that new interview. I'm not surprised. I don't think most people can appreciate how hard it can be on tour - even as a millionaire.
He wants a break. Even Tico wanted more time. Jon's pushing this band. Too far, in my opinion. BUT - Jon does deserve huge credit because the past few shows he seems to be working harder than ever before to carry it.

If RS comes back later in the year, in better shape, with Jon on the same form, the band could be the best its been for 10 years.

I don't care if have to wait a year, five years....hell, maybe 10 years - but I don't want to see another set of albums that's we've seen since Crush. I want the band back that had passion and integrity. That's not saying I want an old style/production etc - I just want to hear a band doing something for the right reasons.
WAN was too bothered about keeping up with trends - they stole more than one guitar melody/production idea from The Killers, and a whole verse from Matchbox Twenty.

If we have to wait for some amazing, original Bon Jovi, then I'll wait patiently in line.

If Richie's burnt out ... let the guy recover. Stop being so selfish and demanding he play for you. Where's the human quality of having a bit of empathy and understanding? Even if we don't know all the details...

Good lord you're dense about this. I'm going to out this as straightforward as possible:
IF RICHIE WAS SO BURNT OUT HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED THE ALBUM TOUR/CYCLE IN THE FIRST PLACE. PEOPLE AREN'T MAD THAT HE MAY BE BURNT OUT, THEY'RE MAD THAT HE SKIPPED OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS COMMITMENTS. IT WAS COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL, AND IF THERE WAS TRULY SOME GIANT "STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELL'S BACK" RIGHT BEFORE CALGARY, HE SHOULD JUST COME OUT AND SAY "I'm burnt out, and at this time feel that I can't tour." UNTIL THEN, HE COMES OFF LIKE AN ASS WHO TOOK HIS BALL AND WENT HOME.