Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Solid Sambora 07-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1143985)
JBJ and John Shanks, yesterday in West London.

WTF???

He's met up with a friend for drinks/a meal/chat? With no context, I don't see why it's a WTF moment.

jessycardy 07-02-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1143985)
JBJ and John Shanks, yesterday in West London.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3043/t4eg.jpg

WTF???

What's the matter? You don't fancy blue spotted shirts?

Roll 07-02-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1143980)
If he was so burnt, why do a solo tour during the bands time off?
Maybe it was the timing as the band album was announced before Richie's solo tour was over, but if this was the case then he shouldn't have started the tour.

The deception is the most disappointing part of it all- to save face and not hurt ticket sales the fans have been left in the dark. The situation wouldn't have been as bad if he just announced he was burnt out and would be skipping the tour instead of the circus this has become.

The guy kept silent all this time but starts speaking again as the Tour is doing so great without him. I was one of those saying Bon Jovi couldn't keep going without Richie, how wrong the band proved me during this European Leg!

PatriciaSambora 07-02-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1143975)
Hi Keek, we're in Rome, we're going to meet papa Richie in the lobby, who's getting his glasses, then we're going to a tour in the Vatican and it's going to be really really pretty.

You want it in Spanish?

Hola Keek, estamos en Roma, vamos a encontrarnos con papá Richie en el vestíbulo, fue a buscar sus lentes, y luego vamos a hacer un tour en el Vaticano y va a ser muy muy lindo.

Nothing that anybody should care.

Oh thanks only needed in english but thanks anyway!

rolo_tomachi 07-02-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1143993)
He's met up with a friend for drinks/a meal/chat? With no context, I don't see why it's a WTF moment.

Planning new songs or new album without Richie?

Solid Sambora 07-02-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1143996)
The guy kept silent all this time but starts speaking again as the Tour is doing so great without him. I was one of those saying Bon Jovi couldn't keep going without Richie, how wrong the band proved me during this European Leg!

I think Richie's credibility for a long time has been a bit of a crutch for the a lot of fans and possibly the rest of the band- his absence has made them go out there and show they've still got it, and I for one have re-discovered an appreciation for those guys and their talent.

NicoRourke 07-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1143980)
If he was so burnt, why do a solo tour during the bands time off?

Maybe because otherwise he would never have the time to do his solo stuff?

jessycardy 07-02-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1144002)

Richie said in that video he's working on some new songs on his own, I don't see you getting your panties in a twist over it.

While John Shanks is notoriously a friend of Jon's, and those pictures were taken outside an Italian restaurant in London.

Solid Sambora 07-02-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1144002)

Even if there was the slightest bit of evidence for that...so what? Most albums have had some songs with little if any input from Richie.

The most likely scenario though, is that Shanks is working in London, Jon has a few days off in London- lets meet up for dinner!!! It shouldn't be worthy of comment!

BJ?YesPlease 07-02-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1143988)
Good lord you're dense about this. I'm going to out this as straightforward as possible:
IF RICHIE WAS SO BURNT OUT HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED THE ALBUM TOUR/CYCLE IN THE FIRST PLACE. PEOPLE AREN'T MAD THAT HE MAY BE BURNT OUT, THEY'RE MAD THAT HE SKIPPED OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS COMMITMENTS. IT WAS COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL, AND IF THERE WAS TRULY SOME GIANT "STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELL'S BACK" RIGHT BEFORE CALGARY, HE SHOULD JUST COME OUT AND SAY "I'm burnt out, and at this time feel that I can't tour." UNTIL THEN, HE COMES OFF LIKE AN ASS WHO TOOK HIS BALL AND WENT HOME.

Oooh, more caps. This is getting tense.

No credit for him feeling burnt out, but trying not to let the fans down by going along anyway....maybe at JBJ's arm-twisting....then finding it all too much?
Hell, we don't even know that feeling burnt out is why he's not there. I doubt it.
But hey ho. It seems you know more than everyone else here about the facts behind why he left mid tour. Only then could you be so convinced he deserves such a negative reaction.
It seems Richie is unprofessional and a very naughty boy. Tut tut.