Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Solid Sambora 07-02-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1144044)
I think I should become a Buddhist. That would suit me, except the bald head thing.

However...you jump straight to an assumption that it's within Richie's power to make a statement. Perhaps it is. Or maybe there's a legal restriction on him commenting on the situation.
Most likely? Something barring any member from saying anything that may affect ticket sales until after the tour is over.

Now, back to my meditation....

Perhaps an oath of silence would suit?

Why assume Richie would abide by some legal restriction when he hasn't honoured the contract he signed saying he'd be on tour? Those contracts are obligations that can have serious legal repercussions too. And there's absolutely nothing in the world that could stop him coming out and saying "I just wanna say sorry to anyone feeling let down. It's important that I deal with this though"- that would just about fit in a tweet!

PatriciaSambora 07-02-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1144051)
Isn't he color blind or did I just dream that information? Seems like I read years ago he couldn't distinguish between certain colors.

Yeah, it's true..

jessycardy 07-02-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1144051)
Isn't he color blind or did I just dream that information? Seems like I read years ago he couldn't distinguish between certain colors.

Yes, he is... Although I don't know if the two things are related! :D

BJ?YesPlease 07-02-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1144052)
Perhaps an oath of silence would suit?

Why assume Richie would abide by some legal restriction when he hasn't honoured the contract he signed saying he'd be on tour? Those contracts are obligations that can have serious legal repercussions too. And there's absolutely nothing in the world that could stop him coming out and saying "I just wanna say sorry to anyone feeling let down. It's important that I deal with this though"- that would just about fit in a tweet!

I think that might just be the perfect tweet that fits!

And regarding the Phil X baby timing ... doesn't that just coincide perfectly with Richie's "September" return?

Neurotica80 07-02-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1143988)
Good lord you're dense about this. I'm going to out this as straightforward as possible:
IF RICHIE WAS SO BURNT OUT HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER STARTED THE ALBUM TOUR/CYCLE IN THE FIRST PLACE. PEOPLE AREN'T MAD THAT HE MAY BE BURNT OUT, THEY'RE MAD THAT HE SKIPPED OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS COMMITMENTS. IT WAS COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL, AND IF THERE WAS TRULY SOME GIANT "STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELL'S BACK" RIGHT BEFORE CALGARY, HE SHOULD JUST COME OUT AND SAY "I'm burnt out, and at this time feel that I can't tour." UNTIL THEN, HE COMES OFF LIKE AN ASS WHO TOOK HIS BALL AND WENT HOME.

x2.

I wish I could f*** my job off all summer and then walk back into it when I felt like it. Sorry, I love Richie but he has majorly messed up here. Also we don't give a s*** about your "fashion" line either.

Bill23 07-02-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy (Post 1144046)
Question so what happens come Sept when Phil wants to be home with his wife. Is she not expecting their first child in Oct? He's not going to want too be on the road with a new baby.

Well they only have a handful of dates in Sept and other than Mohegan they are all pretty much west coast. I'm sure it'll be fine....or an opportune time for Richie to return!

DevilsSon 07-02-2013 03:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bnHD3Io#t=220s

Thought I'd remind some people why we're actually fans of this band in the first place!

BJ?YesPlease 07-02-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1144057)
x2.

I wish I could f*** my job off all summer and then walk back into it when I felt like it. Sorry, I love Richie but he has majorly messed up here. Also we don't give a s*** about your "fashion" line either.

Fortunately, you're not Richie Sambora and can't really compare yourself to him.

He's a successful musician, songwriter and multi-millionaire rockstar who can do pretty much whatever the f*** he likes.
If I sold as many albums as him, I'd think I'd like to take the odd summer off here and there. F*** me, what's wrong with you?

And the fact you don't care about his fashion line is pathetic. He's entitled to do what he likes. If you don't care about a sideline, that's fine. I don't quite remember everyone getting so nasty towards Tico when he did Rockstar Baby. And yes, I know he didn't bail on a tour for it. But let's not pretend Richie CHOSE fashion over the tour. More like he's doing something to fill the time.

Christ, why can't we all just wish him luck with whatever he chooses? Jon had acting, then came back to music. Hopefully all their outside pursuits only help to create a better, more focused mind when they return to rockin' the sh!t out of the next album/tour....

Sissy3 07-02-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1144055)
Yes, he is... Although I don't know if the two things are related! :D

Might affect clothing choices, but should have no bearing on his sometimes questionable choice of women. ;)

jessycardy 07-02-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1144059)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bnHD3Io#t=220s

Thought I'd remind some people why we're actually fans of this band in the first place!

That's damn ****in' right!!! So depressing this shit nowadays, dammit...