Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 07-03-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1144401)
wow! what an article! didn't know all this stuff she said about Richie! is that a recent interview? I know she accused Richie for her drug addiction and Richie denied it. interesting though! thanks for posting!
btw I answered you in another thread about Milan earlier but never saw a response maybe cause that thread was deleted since I don't see it anymore here, sorry I missed it if you answered to me.. I'd love to know your answer though :) maybe you can post it again. :-)

I thought it was recent, but apparently it isn't. Yeah, still quite the read, huh? ;)

I didn't notice that thread got deleted. I guess bootlegs are not allowed or something. My reply went into details about how an asshole ruined a fraction of my experience, but I'll cut to the chase and just tell you I was in the Diamond Circle, front row, Phil X's area as well. Oh, and I also mentioned I had no idea you were at the show and maybe next time we'll make it happen.

Javier 07-03-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart&dagger (Post 1144356)
imo, Phil will not miss the birth of his child. Don't know how he will work it out, but he will be there for the birth and 4 a bit later, if not - forever.

Watching him, onstage, he does not seem that "comfortable" to me, a lot of the time. It's like he's so afraid he's going to do something "wrong" in Jon's eyes. It doesn't appear that he's all that crazy about most of Bon Jovi's music repertoire, either. Can't blame the guy for taking the leap for this tour, though. But, he's had an extremely long bachelor's party and I think it's growing old, especially with him being in his late 40s and expecting his first child.

Also, I think his band mates from "The Drills" are not happy with his extended absence. Phil seems to be a man of loyalty so he must be feeling extremely torn, but has made his choice because it could advance his career AND that of "The Drills" not to mention make a nice nest egg for his new baby and wife/family.

No, definitely, not an easy decision to make...

So, will money win, at the end of the day or will Phil pull out the loyalty card, both to his old "family" (The Drills) and to his "new family" (including baby Phil)? I'm betting on the loyalty card by the time the baby is due...

At the end of the day, it will all come down to how Phil decides to play that hand.

Damn!! some of you are so dramatic about everything you make any statement or opinion sound like a dramatic plot for a movie.... "A guitar player, torn by allegiance must choose between the oportunity and once in a lifetime exposure, or his loyalty to his band" dum dum duuuuum!!! Please, his band is probably enjoying the hell out of the exposure they're getting without doing jack shit! Couple that with they fact that all of the are seasoned session players who are not staying home with their thumbs up they're asses waiting for Phil to finish touring with Bon Jovi.

Add to that, they only have a handfull of shows in September, Phil's not gonna have to be away from home that long, and there are enough brakes between the shows that he could make his way forward and back if he wanted to. Now I'm not saying he's gonna say yes or no, I'm just saying, he really doesn't have as much of an issue as some of you are making it out to be. Add to that, his wife will probably push him to do it, even if he's not home, he will be in the future and afford to have even more time off to be a family.

PS: What does his age have to do with it? Tico had his first baby in his 50's, don't get that point at all....

JoviJovi 07-04-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1144356

Watching him, onstage, he does not seem that "comfortable" to me, a lot of the time. It's like he's so afraid he's going to do something "wrong" in Jon's eyes. It doesn't appear that he's all that crazy about most of Bon Jovi's music repertoire, either. Can't blame the guy for taking the leap for this tour, though

This was definitely not the case in Milan.

ben 07-04-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1144409)
I thought it was recent, but apparently it isn't. Yeah, still quite the read, huh? ;)

I didn't notice that thread got deleted. I guess bootlegs are not allowed or something. My reply went into details about how an asshole ruined a fraction of my experience, but I'll cut to the chase and just tell you I was in the Diamond Circle, front row, Phil X's area as well. Oh, and I also mentioned I had no idea you were at the show and maybe next time we'll make it happen.

yeah ok I saw that reply and then I answered you as well. told you my experience in GC with a fat guy who was drinking beers all the time- obviously got drunk- and I stepped on him by accident while dancing and then he was rude to me, I told him ok sorry didn't do it on purpose but I'm in concert dancing and not in a church lol
then I wrote my entire experience from Milan's show and how I met Phil the night before, he's such a cool and kind guy!
sure we can meet in the next tour, why not? I'd love to meet you :p
but it won't be soon though there are rumors they're gonna tour Europe again summer 2014 but who knows for sure?
then I told you how many times I've seen them live in the past, yes!! summer of 2011 was the summer of my life! lol
yup. maybe next time we'll make it happen! :):p

jessycardy 07-04-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1144419)
yeah ok I saw that reply and then I answered you as well. told you my experience in GC with a fat guy who was drinking beers all the time- obviously got drunk- and I stepped on him by accident while dancing and then he was rude to me, I told him ok sorry didn't do it on purpose but I'm in concert dancing and not in a church lol
then I wrote my entire experience from Milan's show and how I met Phil the night before, he's such a cool and kind guy!
sure we can meet in the next tour, why not? I'd love to meet you :p
but it won't be soon though there are rumors they're gonna tour Europe again summer 2014 but who knows for sure?
then I told you how many times I've seen them live in the past, yes!! summer of 2011 was the summer of my life! lol
yup. maybe next time we'll make it happen! :):p

Let's bring this to PMs, it's getting too much here. ;)

WillRunForChocolate 07-04-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1144356
imo, Phil will not miss the birth of his child. Don't know how he will work it out, but he will be there for the birth and 4 a bit later, if not - . But, he's had an extremely long bachelor's party and I think it's growing old, especially with him being in his late 40s and expecting his first child.

I am in shock that Phil x is 47! I had to google his age after reading your comment. I thought he was mid-30's. Yikes.

Sissy3 07-04-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1144393)
Or maybe she is telling the truth. Certainly seems possible given what we know of Richie and some of the stuff he has said in interviews. This is a fella who turned up to gigs absolutely steaming drunk and who drove his daughter around pissed. The fella clearly has demons.

Oh I'm not doubting what she says, Richie had a history of drug use, I know. I just mean it's a little sad to me that she still carries that hate around after all these years. Time to let it go and move on, if possible. :)

eta: OK have now read it's an old interview so......disregard what I posted. Gonna go eat a moon pie and catch up with the rest of the board.

Kiwi78 07-04-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1144425)
I am in shock that Phil x is 47! I had to google his age after reading your comment. I thought he was mid-30's. Yikes.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, I thought he was mid-late thirties too no where near 47! LOL

Lyn Wo 07-04-2013 02:17 AM

In case anyone was keeping tabs, the Bon Jovi on-line store has just reopened and the new t-shirts have Richie included in the design. I think 400 pages back or so there were questions about who was included in current merchandise.

TwinFan 07-04-2013 05:49 AM

Most of the regular posters in this thread are girls. :o