Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Mysterytrain 07-06-2013 01:10 AM

Here's the newest Daily Mail article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

As for the clothes, I do tend to think that nowadays, Richie looks better than the average 50+-year-old man, but the unbuttoned-shirt-to-the-waist-and-bling look is not something I'd see where I live.

Ava also dresses rather provocatively at times for her age and she appears much older than 15.

I chalk it up to a Hollywood/rock star thing. They're just in a different orbit than the rest of us lol.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...psc83a3140.jpg

JoviJovi 07-06-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1144950)
Disagree... how? Care to explain? Can't be bothered? Richie's words are out there for everybody to listen, you don't have to take my word.

Since you can't be bothered, I'll make another effort with another fact you can't quite disagree with, you know, being a fact. In one of those interviews, Richie said: "I think I was a bit burnt, that's really what happened". His words, not mine.

What about the issue Richie doesn't care to explain because its a "family" issue?

jessycardy 07-06-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1144955)
What about the issue Richie doesn't care to explain because its a "family" issue?

It could be anything. And if you put 2 and 2 together, you conclude what other people already have. Being burnt could have led to missing rehearsals and shows, which could have led to issues with the band and its commitments, not necessarily feuds or fights.

I'm not saying this has to be the truth, obviously. I'm just saying it's too easy to assume there was a fight just because Richie said he doesn't want to go into details because the band is like family. We simply don't know, just like we didn't know before.

Sissy3 07-06-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1144953)

Ava also dresses rather provocatively at times for her age and she appears much older than 15.

I chalk it up to a Hollywood/rock star thing. They're just in a different orbit than the rest of us lol.

Ever been to the Topix Jovi site? There been many a thread and arguments over Ava's choice of dress over the years, from her booty shorts to what she wore to the Vatican recently! :D Everything from "she dresses like a hoochie mama" to "leave her alone, all teens dress like this." I think Richie's just one of those dads who never tells her no.

Mysterytrain 07-06-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1144956)
It could be anything. And if you put 2 and 2 together, you conclude what other people already have. Being burnt could have led to missing rehearsals and shows, which could have led to issues with the band and its commitments, not necessarily feuds or fights.

I'm not saying this has to be the truth, obviously. I'm just saying it's too easy to assume there was a fight just because Richie said he doesn't want to go into details because the band is like family. We simply don't know, just like we didn't know before.

Yes, I went back to listen to the RumorFix video, and Richie followed the "family issues" comment with "the band is like family."

I do like how he continues to say in interviews that "Jon and I have relied on each other for 30 years." To me, that is an exceptionally pragmatic answer, especially if there are bad feelings going on between them at the moment: It shows Richie sees his way past this impasse; that he isn't going to just throw it all away.

At least, that's my 'hopeful' reading of this at the moment. xD

Becky 07-06-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1144943)
Honestly, I don't understand how Richie's words made people feel like they knew anything more than they did before. I think what got to our heads is the fact that we finally heard something from the horse's mouth, but if you actually take a moment and really listen to what he said, apart from a vague "we're not happy" aka "we're not happening", we don't have much. Richie mentions Jon, and that may leads us to believe he does for a reason. But his words are not the kind you'd expect to hear, so really, I don't think Richie's interview is this big groundbreaking confirmation of a feud. I think he's just dancing around it like everyone else's been doing, no difference.

This. All the "feud" stuff is still the stuff of speculation. There's been no confirmation of anything other than "personal problems" and Richie himself saying he was burnt out. If there is a feud, Tico and Dave have obviously sided with Jon because they're on tour and doing their jobs and looking like they're having a great time from everything I've seen lately. There doesn't seem to be any strife between Jon, Tico, and Dave offstage or on.

Mysterytrain 07-06-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1144958)
Ever been to the Topix Jovi site? There been many a thread and arguments over Ava's choice of dress over the years, from her booty shorts to what she wore to the Vatican recently! :D Everything from "she dresses like a hoochie mama" to "leave her alone, all teens dress like this." I think Richie's just one of those dads who never tells her no.

Yes, I have made my way (cowering in fear) to Topix lol. You'd think the women over there had never been teenagers before for all the protesting they do re: Ava's wardrobe choices.

That said, I do agree with you that Richie is probably one of those dads who never tells her 'no.' Well, I amend that: I watched the interview he did on the "Kelly and Michael" show last fall where he talked a bit about Ava and said:

"She comes out of the bedroom sometimes all dolled up and I go, 'Girl, you're /hot/ man, you gotta stop that!'" (3:55):

I almost get the feeling that Richie and Ava have more of a 'parent-as-friend' vibe....I could be wrong, but it's the feeling I get.

jessycardy 07-06-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1144953)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

The two pictures of Richie and Ava in Rome show the watermark "richiesambora.com". I'm thinking this article was something Richie requested or at least approved.

Sissy3 07-06-2013 01:46 AM

Oh, that's the outfit she wore to the Vatican that got the Topix people stirred up. :D

Becky 07-06-2013 02:07 AM

Ava is like a little clone of Heather.