Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Supersonic 07-07-2013 12:59 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1145208)

Yeah thanks. Video's like that really show how much is left of the Richie Sambora fans grew to love in the nineties. This is not the stuff that created the outrage though, there was some dancesong which leaked which was absolutely horrible.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jessycardy 07-07-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1145208)

Is it wrong if I happen to love this stuff? After all, it's not like he's made an album out of this, is it? I think the beautiful thing of side projects, especially when they're not big blockbusters but rather small, is that you can do whatever the hell you want, spice up things a little bit. I find these two songs great, from what I can hear. As for that other song, I'm guessing Richie's input's only in the guitar parts (or maybe he also wrote/arranged/produced, don't know, but still).

Sissy3 07-07-2013 01:48 AM

So she sings,too? How convenient she just happened to get a famous, wealthy musician to back her fashion line. :rolleyes: **meow**

Becky 07-07-2013 01:54 AM

I remember Richie saying somewhere that the song White Trash Beautiful was one that he and Jon wrote but didn't use for the band. I'm sure that arrangement is vastly different than it would have been had the band used it! :lol:

The Rock 07-07-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145214)
Is it wrong if I happen to love this stuff? After all, it's not like he's made an album out of this, is it? I think the beautiful thing of side projects, especially when they're not big blockbusters but rather small, is that you can do whatever the hell you want, spice up things a little bit. I find these two songs great, from what I can hear. As for that other song, I'm guessing Richie's input's only in the guitar parts (or maybe he also wrote/arranged/produced, don't know, but still).

There is nothing wrong at all in liking that type of music, go for it but at least let it be good music. No one cared that he had a side project and was performing music but come on, at least let it be good. That was rubbish.

schlochty 07-07-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1145217)
I remember Richie saying somewhere that the song White Trash Beautiful was one that he and Jon wrote but didn't use for the band. I'm sure that arrangement is vastly different than it would have been had the band used it! :lol:

Yeah, it would have included a "live my life" line, all instruments would have been blurred save for the moment where Richie or Bobby performs a short, yet uninspired guitar solo and the chorus would have resembled IML.

Seriously, with the massively uninspired band output in recent years, I can totally see why Richie focuses on other creative outlets. This alone, of course, would in no way justify baling out from the tour.

jessycardy 07-07-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1145217)

I'm trying to picture this as a Bon Jovi song. It would be a big catchy rocker a la "Unbreakable"... But Jon said that and also "Dirty Little Secret" ended up being bonus tracks because they were too poppy. Maybe this one got out of the picture for the very same reason or they just didn't find it good enough.

Sissy3 07-07-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145221)
I'm trying to picture this as a Bon Jovi song. It would be a big catchy rocker a la "Unbreakable"... But Jon said that and also "Dirty Little Secret" ended up being bonus tracks because they were too poppy. Maybe this one got out of the picture for the very same reason or they just didn't find it good enough.

Interesting you mentioned DLS. For some reason it had popped in my head that a song title like White Trash Beautiful sounded like something Jon would like at the time of recording and then never sing it again. Like DLS, which I really like but never thought of as poppy. Another example of how people see/hear things differently. :)

LeaJovi 07-07-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145221)

Care to source all this? I'd like to read/listen to that interview.

Captain_jovi 07-07-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1145230)
Care to source all this? I'd like to read/listen to that interview.

What I remember him saying was that they didn't make the album because "they sounded too crafted" and something about how it's unfair for him to be crafting songs this far into his career.