Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

danfan 06-27-2014 08:49 PM

Someone wanna help a brotha out? I still haven't heard it. :-(

Bounce7800 06-27-2014 09:05 PM

Ordered mine from Amazon today.

Reminder for anyone who has ordered from Amazon (UK at least) that even if it isn't delivered on release day, you will still be able to listen to it via the Amazon cloud player

www.amazon.co.uk/cloud_player‎

I'd recommend setting it up, it'll also have autoripped any CDs you have bought from them previously.

danfan 06-27-2014 09:19 PM

Does Anybody......can't hold a candle to the original.

danfan 06-27-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179315)
I wouldn't call it falling in love, but I'm starting to like it too!

I'd pay the full price of the CD to hear the original version cleaned up.

Did I hear Love Is War was different from the B-side of Living in Sin?

Dave 1986 06-27-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1179319)
Ordered mine from Amazon today.

Reminder for anyone who has ordered from Amazon (UK at least) that even if it isn't delivered on release day, you will still be able to listen to it via the Amazon cloud player

www.amazon.co.uk/cloud_player‎

I'd recommend setting it up, it'll also have autoripped any CDs you have bought from them previously.

I've had the Super Deluxe Edition preordered for about a month now and the only songs available on Cloud Player are the 12 original album tracks. Unless autorip is only available to the 'regular' DE?

Bounce7800 06-27-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1179331)
I've had the Super Deluxe Edition preordered for about a month now and the only songs available on Cloud Player are the 12 original album tracks. Unless autorip is only available to the 'regular' DE?

I'd guess that's because it isn't released yet. I've just bought it and it was a pre-order with release date of 30th June so would expect the rest to appear then- the original album is already released so those songs are already out there.

jovifan93 06-27-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1179332)
I'd guess that's because it isn't released yet. I've just bought it and it was a pre-order with release date of 30th June so would expect the rest to appear then- the original album is already released so those songs are already out there.

Yup, it's online on release day. Got a notification mail from amazon today at 0:54 am and listened to it this morning, the CD came 2 two hours later by mail ;-)

Bounce7800 06-27-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1179200)
After listening the snippets, I'm thinking that maybe the "I know" parts and the second voice in the chorus were removed from "Does anybody really fall in love anymore" in order to prevent Alec to get royalties from the track.

This theory seems to crop up for a lot of things, but I'd be surprised if it's ever an issue on a release like this- surely it must only run to pennies, especially given how he has no songwriting credits?

Same with the songs with other writers- even with a writing credit, they can't be giving away much to make it an issue of spite surely?

Iceman 06-27-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1179349)
This theory seems to crop up for a lot of things, but I'd be surprised if it's ever an issue on a release like this- surely it must only run to pennies, especially given how he has no songwriting credits?

Same with the songs with other writers- even with a writing credit, they can't be giving away much to make it an issue of spite surely?

And you can't deny someone of their credit just by muting a vocal line. You'd have to replace their entire performance and replace it with another to avoid having to pay royalties. Plus, the "I knows" removed are sung by Jon, not Alec.

My guess is that they were removed because they were badly off key, as they were in the demo. Sounded really forced. But then again, might just be that Jon just didn't sing them on the take Obie used, as there are a lot of other vocal bits missing as well.

Ice

Ghostorm 06-27-2014 11:18 PM

Just listened to Does Anybody Fall In Love and it sounds not as bad as I expected. I think it'll slowly grow on me. But I'm pretty sure that for me it'll never be on the same level as the version we knew. And I just can repeat what danfan said: "I'd pay the full price of the CD to hear the original version cleaned up."