Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

BJ?YesPlease 07-09-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1145585)
Well Jon gave a million dollars in the bands name to his hometown in NJ for the hurricane relief fund overseen by NJ's governors wife yesterday.

Just thought I'd move us all away from Ava
s fashion sense.

It's probably the remainder of Richie's pay after Phil X's amount has been taken out! ;)

And have to say Ron really made me chuckle with his Sweet Jesus comment. Just saying....

steel_horse75 07-09-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1145566)
God, when we start talking about his daughter its obviously a slow news day.

to be fair there has been no news since page 1 post 1.

RonJovi 07-09-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1145587)
It's probably the remainder of Richie's pay after Phil X's amount has been taken out! ;)

And have to say Ron really made me chuckle with his Sweet Jesus comment. Just saying....

Put it down to the omnipresence of the Catholic Church in Ireland when I was growing up:-)

Stranger11 07-09-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1145585)
Well Jon gave a million dollars in the bands name to his hometown in NJ for the hurricane relief fund overseen by NJ's governors wife yesterday.

Donīt get me wrong I think itīs great that he donates this amount of money for the Sandy relief (and other causes) but does this guy always need a pressconfernce plus cameras following him for that? Just wirte a cheque.

jon-flp 07-09-2013 05:39 PM

new tweet from Richie:

"Hey, I wanna thank everybody for gettin me to 100k. And for all the kindness and suport."

And for all that sent to you videos for the contest?
Asshole.

BJ?YesPlease 07-09-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1145619)
new tweet from Richie:

"Hey, I wanna thank everybody for gettin me to 100k. And for all the kindness and suport."

And for all that sent to you videos for the contest?
Asshole.

"Asshole". Hilarious. Someone you once admired (I assume, given you're in a fan forum and following them on twitter) misses one tour for personal reasons that are not yet clear to you, and you resort to calling names.

Well done.

bjcrazycpa 07-09-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1145615)
Donīt get me wrong I think itīs great that he donates this amount of money for the Sandy relief (and other causes) but does this guy always need a pressconfernce plus cameras following him for that? Just wirte a cheque.

I'm quite sure the press conference was more of the Govenor's idea/requirement as the charity was started and his run by his wife.

jon-flp 07-09-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1145621)
"Asshole". Hilarious. Someone you once admired (I assume, given you're in a fan forum and following them on twitter) misses one tour for personal reasons that are not yet clear to you, and you resort to calling names.

Well done.

Did you read what I wrote?
I'm talking about the video contest. He came, asked for everybody send videos for him, and the result...?? I made a video, sent for the contest...and he completely "forgot" about it. For it, he's an asshole.

RonJovi 07-09-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1145623)
Did you read what I wrote?
I'm talking about the video contest. He came, asked for everybody send videos for him, and the result...?? I made a video, sent for the contest...and he completely "forgot" about it. For it, he's an asshole.

Impossible to disagree with that.

Really, really poor effort out of Richie. I'm not trying to start a Jon v Richie discussion but there is no way that Jon would be that unprofessional. It's a real two fingers to Richie's hardcore fans. If he was in rehab or something then fair enough but he isn't.

Richie needs a good kick in the arse.

Becky 07-09-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1145622)
I'm quite sure the press conference was more of the Govenor's idea/requirement as the charity was started and his run by his wife.

Exactly. He wants to help his presidential run in a few years. I'm not knocking him. If I were going to run for President, I'd take every opportunity for good publicity too. It's part of the game.