Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Oasis topic. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44962)

Mongoose 08-15-2008 07:48 PM

That shock song just sounds like every other Oasis song :/

Neurotica80 08-15-2008 07:51 PM

Come in come out...... Its a great song no question about it, cant wait for the album now. I'm away when tickets go on sale but i'm not ruling out seeing them yet in October, esp after seeing that setlist. That set would not be out of place in the mid to late 90's I would die happy if I heard Slide away and I am the Walrus :cool:

Yvonne 08-15-2008 08:13 PM

I think I may get myself a ticket to see them... well depending on how much they cost! Tickets go on sale weds for UK people...

alonso14 08-15-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose (Post 872122)
That shock song just sounds like every other Oasis song :/

What, Amazing?

Supersonic 08-16-2008 05:28 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tixy (Post 872120)
The single is alright, I mean it's good yeah but nothing groundbreaking.

And that's a good thing. As long as Oasis keeps making songs like this I'm happy. They shouldn't be groundbreaking but just typical Oasis songs. They're not ****ing Radiohead.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Tixy 08-16-2008 05:42 PM

I didn't mean in an experimental /artsy / pompous kind of way.

But when you hear Live Forever for the first time, you know something serious hit you.
Not so much the case here.

Neurotica80 08-18-2008 11:47 AM

Iv just realised Live forever wasnt on that setlist :eek:

It sounds like Headshriker, im happy with the new song, it will sound fantasic live.

Supersonic 08-18-2008 10:23 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 872378)
Iv just realised Live forever wasnt on that setlist :eek:

Neither is Acquiesce. Before Don't Look Back In Anger Noel said he got tired of playing the song which is why he decided to play it differently. I think that's also the case for Live Forever. Both great songs, but they've been playing them since they released them so I can understand them wanting to drop it. Liam couldn't be bothered during Wonderwall either and it was the only song on which he was going thru the motions.

I think Acquiesce will show up again, as will Live Forever. My Big Mouth will probably be off the set within a few shows as Liam needed lyric sheets for the song. It does look like he did rehearse a few times with the band, unlike what they usually do. At one rehearsal press was allowed in and Liam wasn't there, to which Noel commented "Liam's not here because he doesn't sing on wednesdays". :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Ferret 08-18-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 872514)
Aloha !

Neither is Acquiesce. Before Don't Look Back In Anger Noel said he got tired of playing the song which is why he decided to play it differently. I think that's also the case for Live Forever. Both great songs, but they've been playing them since they released them so I can understand them wanting to drop it. Liam couldn't be bothered during Wonderwall either and it was the only song on which he was going thru the motions.

I think Acquiesce will show up again, as will Live Forever. My Big Mouth will probably be off the set within a few shows as Liam needed lyric sheets for the song. It does look like he did rehearse a few times with the band, unlike what they usually do. At one rehearsal press was allowed in and Liam wasn't there, to which Noel commented "Liam's not here because he doesn't sing on wednesdays". :D

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Have you heard the public rehearsal, Seb?

alonso14 08-19-2008 12:31 AM

Id be glad to hear to hear Supersonic. People moan like hell about Bon Jovi's setlist on here, god help them if they seen Oasis a few times on a tour. I seen them 3 times on the DBTT and it was the same setlist 3 times in a row, apart from a couple of extra songs they played at the first gig. The only time ive heard 'rarities' was at the Noel solo gig, were he played Cast No Shadow, Talk Tonight etc..

My Big Mouth would be good, but Id prefer Stand By Me or Dont Go away or something. Really want to see Some Might Say live, but cant see it tbh.

Going to get to the box office around 7ish in the morning on Wednesday an try an get tickets for both nights at Liverpool, really hope I get them, even though I am prepared to pay over the odds to ensure a ticket off a tout.