Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Upset? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=49301)

pipinfort 10-27-2009 06:45 PM

Don`t get me wrong.............i`m pissed but was willing to wait another year to catch them on a stadium tour but now i`ve heard the record i`m ****in` fuming over this O2 fiasco.......................

jbjhand 10-27-2009 11:53 PM

:mad: Completely fu*ked off. These prices are way of control.
Got a fkn great album that i dont even want to listen to now cause im so pissed off with this rip off crap. Im being priced out of watching my fav band and it really fu*king sucks. :mad:

supersezzie 10-28-2009 01:24 AM

I can't bring myself to listen to the album in case I like it as much as everyone else...because I know how pi**ed it'll make me too! Petition signed and email sent, and FB group joined too.

As for the point that people will still go so it won't help making a stand, I'm hoping the numbers are increasing each yr as the discontent has grown. Last yr, I moaned, but I bought. This yr, I refuse. I bumped into some other ex-BJ fans at the BSC gig (see below!) and we had all gone to every tour for yrs and decided not to this yr. So who knows...maybe support will be strong enough this time?

I've switched to Black Stone Cherry - awesome band, just seen two of their UK gigs at £15 a tkt both times, with meet and greet after, for an awesome show with more energy than the CERNE partical collider thingy when it's working!

What's sad is not the fact that I've switched my loyalties for the first time ever, after 15yrs, but the fact that they've lost me to the point where I'm not even sad about it. I'm just plain pi**ed.

jovigirloz 10-28-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersezzie (Post 951734)
I can't bring myself to listen to the album in case I like it as much as everyone else...because I know how pi**ed it'll make me too! Petition signed and email sent, and FB group joined too.

As for the point that people will still go so it won't help making a stand, I'm hoping the numbers are increasing each yr as the discontent has grown. Last yr, I moaned, but I bought. This yr, I refuse. I bumped into some other ex-BJ fans at the BSC gig (see below!) and we had all gone to every tour for yrs and decided not to this yr. So who knows...maybe support will be strong enough this time?

I've switched to Black Stone Cherry - awesome band, just seen two of their UK gigs at £15 a tkt both times, with meet and greet after, for an awesome show with more energy than the CERNE partical collider thingy when it's working!

What's sad is not the fact that I've switched my loyalties for the first time ever, after 15yrs, but the fact that they've lost me to the point where I'm not even sad about it. I'm just plain pi**ed.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. For me, it is like an old friend has betrayed me. I have been a fan since I was 18 - now 41 and feeling really annoyed , but also very glad that I did not rejoin the fanclub. I usually get sucked in around tour time esp since they are definetly coming back to Oz but I am just getting normal everyday seats this time around. And if they are too expensive then for the first time ever I will not be going.
After seeing Pink for $99 (australian) and the amazing show she puts on I realised how much Jon rips off the fans.

I dont need to be front and centre anymore

jess 10-28-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 951678)
:mad: Completely fu*ked off. These prices are way of control.
Got a fkn great album that i dont even want to listen to now cause im so pissed off with this rip off crap. Im being priced out of watching my fav band and it really fu*king sucks. :mad:

Exactly how i feel, i can't listen to it anymore, no need to hurt myself more ...

UKjovi 10-28-2009 12:25 PM

This is what i wrote on BS :- I'm not sure if Jon or Matt are fully understanding how i and many others are feeling at the moment. So i have tried to put this into some sort of context. Just imagine Jon or Matt you went to see your favourite cousin who lives a few states away from you. Last year you flew there for $500 say for argument's sake. This year you go to buy a ticket and its $20000. I know this is a vast exaggeration but i am trying to get across the enormity of how it would affect you as it has done us. I know prices go up sure but to this level? So can you please see our point of view that it feels as though you are trying to grab as much money as you possibly can from us.
It got ignored of course and now i see they have taking the piss even more with the Paris show when will it end?

livelovelaugh 10-28-2009 12:48 PM

I really cannot express how upset and let down I feel about the boys and the O2 gig! Bon Jovi saw in my 30th and I was so hoping they would bring in – cough,” that “Birthday to! ;)

I don’t understand why they also have to do Golden Circle tickets/VIP tickets! Why can they just leave be! Many other bands manage to cope with out this extra “expensive” package! I know I will probably end up buying this new album as I feel I have to. But I will choke when I hand the cash over!

I’d love to know why they feel the need to start “robbing” there fans! This is really how it seems to me!

I know it’s a totally different band and different music! (my taste is varied lol):p. Take That managed to put on a HUGE tour, one of the biggest I have ever seen. They had lots of crew/dancers etc. Far more than I have ever seen at a BJ gig! They took there tour all over England and I still only paid about £38 a ticket. None of this Golden Circle nonsense and I managed to get near the stage!

lh2010 10-28-2009 01:26 PM

Completely shocked by the prices, never been able to attend a concert of theirs before so really excited upon hearing the o2 2010 dates as they fit in perfectly with my schedule, unfortunately the prices do not! Whilst I wasn't expecting to pay a price I would to go see a act at my local venue these are still ridiculous.

Their Washington DC concert ties in with my holiday there, £30 for the cheapest tickets and Daughtry are the special guest, so no consideration needed as to whether to see them whilst in the US or not!

UKjovi 10-28-2009 03:13 PM

I wonder how fast tickets will sell on Friday in the G sale??

supersezzie 10-28-2009 04:22 PM

Sorry to 'spam' but in case no-one reads my separate post, I'm trying to get a trending topic on Twitter...so if anyone wants to help spread the word, tweet with the tag #BJripoff and let's get some more publicity going!