Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

bonjovi90 05-31-2014 09:31 AM

The only demos from Fahrenheit that I know of are We Rule The Night, Danger Zone and Afraid of the Night. The first one was put on the box set and the other two were mentioned by Jon in a pre-Fahrenheit TV interview. My guess is that Afraid of the Night might've turned in The Hardest Part Is The Night later on.

powernoize 05-31-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177329)
The only demos from Fahrenheit that I know of are We Rule The Night, Danger Zone and Afraid of the Night. The first one was put on the box set and the other two were mentioned by Jon in a pre-Fahrenheit TV interview. My guess is that Afraid of the Night might've turned in The Hardest Part Is The Night later on.

thank you! ;)

Johny 05-31-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177295)
I remastered an audience recording of Cadillac Man for a few users who had asked for it today and also gave it to a friend of mine, who hadn't heard the tune before. He responded saying that to him it sounded like they stole it from Smokie's "Living Next Door To Alice". I had never noticed it before and certainly wouldn't call it stolen, but there are definately quite some similarities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXPQiukoYE

What makes this story more interesting id the fact that this is actually a cover. Originally the song is by Australian writers and recorded by an Australian group. And where was Cadillac Man written? :) In Australia. Maybe Jon and Richie met Mike Chapman there :)

Rdkopper 05-31-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177327)
I don't know anything about demos from Fahrenheit but there are some demos on youtube from their first album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDg44lr6aPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph4JoJjCTqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7wD_GV5HQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyKU6Tw0rtc

Jon had a very girly voice back then,lol...

Now you are getting into pre-Bon Jovi territory.

There are actually some good songs recorded by John Bongiovi - "The Wild Ones" & "The Rest"

Maybe Obbie will include those songs remastered on The Power Station Years Deluxe Edition...

In all seriousness, once you exhaust the Bon Jovi catalog, those songs are a nice addition for a die-hard fan. They are all on YouTube and are easy to find.

Rdkopper 05-31-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177329)
Danger Zone and Afraid of the Night.

Awesome info!!!

I also question the SWW Demos being written specifically for Slippery.

Deep Cuts The Knife scream Fahrenheit to me.

The only reason why I believe they are is because they are mixed with other songs that made the album that were specifically on the Basement Demo sessions.

Too Much Too Soon & Deep Cut are my two favorites and would love to get them with better quality.

Question - Is that Jon really singing on Stand-Up? I just don't hear Jon or Richie as hard as I try.

Lucas_Roli 05-31-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177336)
Awesome info!!!

I also question the SWW Demos being written specifically for Slippery.

The only reason why I believe they are is because they are mixed with other songs that made the album that were specifically on the Basement Demo sessions.

Too Much Too Soon & Deep Cut are my two favorites and would love to get them with better quality.

Question - Is that Jon really singing on Stand-Up? I just don't hear Jon or Richie as hard as I try.

I too love Deep Cuts the Night too,I think it's their best demo from SWW.
On Stand Up,it very well may be Jon singing,the way it's recorded is pretty similar with The Promise and the way he sings is very similar to the Wild in The Streets basement demo.
Here

Checkout and compare.

Iceman 05-31-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177335)
Maybe Obbie will include those songs remastered on The Power Station Years Deluxe Edition...

Obie, not "Obbie". And Jon doesn't own the rights to the Power Station songs, so there is no chance he'll ever release any of them. Tony Bongiovi owns the publishing rights for those songs, which is why he could publish the Power Station Years albums.

Quote:

It's Deep Cuts The Night, not Knife. And it's a Slippery demo, Fahrenheit songs are just so different to any other BJ album.

Ice

Rdkopper 06-01-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1177348)
Jon doesn't own the rights to the Power Station songs, so there is no chance he'll ever release any of them. Tony Bongiovi owns the publishing rights for those songs, which is why he could publish the Power Station Years albums.

I know - Jon sued him over the release and I believe they settled over something. It was a just a joke which is the reason why I followed up the next paragraph with "In all seriousness"

Quote:

It's Deep Cuts The Night, not Knife. And it's a Slippery demo, Fahrenheit songs are just so different to any other BJ album.

I Know - But considering they were written almost exactly a year apart, there could be some overlap with recycled sounds, lyrics, etc. which I hear during certain parts.

(Although the lyric is Deep Cuts The Night, it's also titled Deep Cuts The Knife and Dick After Night on some underground release as well. Without an official release, there really is no title so you could basically call it whatever you want until such time. We called Full Moon High the wrong song for 25 years so you never really know.)

Lucas_Roli 06-01-2014 03:04 PM

I'm pretty sure it's called Deep Cuts The Night,at least that's what I've always heard in the chorus.Although the first time I listened to it the title was Deep Cuts The Knife,i still heard night instead of knife.
And plus ''deep cuts the knife when you're without love'' makes no sense,but ''deep cuts the night when you're without love'' does.

Rdkopper 06-01-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177362)
I'm pretty sure it's called Deep Cuts The Night,at least that's what I've always heard in the chorus.Although the first time I listened to it the title was Deep Cuts The Knife,i still heard night instead of knife.
And plus ''deep cuts the knife when you're without love'' makes no sense,but ''deep cuts the night when you're without love'' does.

It is deep cuts the night but deep cuts the knife is a great play on words. If you google Bon Jovi deep cuts the knife, you'll get endless pages of results including Youtube vids. It's been a huge mistake for years I guess due to the cool play on words

Bounce7800 06-01-2014 04:51 PM

Dick after night :lol: Gotta love the bootleg CD's guess at titles- I liked one of the Wembley '95 show called "Wild Industries" as a mishearing of "Wild In The Streets"

Alphavictim 06-01-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177364)
deep cuts the knife is a great play on words.

How is that so?

Supersonic 06-01-2014 06:55 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1177371)
How is that so?

You wouldn't know, but it's a typical Jersey thing, related to what's in the water and pizza's over there. I'm worlds most knowledgeable person regarding things I saw in New Jersey so I am one to know.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Rdkopper 06-01-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1177373)
Aloha !

You wouldn't know, but it's a typical Jersey thing, related to what's in the water and pizza's over there. I'm worlds most knowledgeable person regarding things I saw in New Jersey so I am one to know.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Although you're being your typical obnoxious sarcastic self, you are partially correct. It not a Jersey thing per say but it's something people say during a broken relationship. Example... oh the pain hurts so bad I feel like I got stabbed in the heart. Or why don't stick the knife in the wound some more. There are a bunch of different ways to go about saying it.

So if the title was in fact deep cuts the knife. The play on words is about the relationship pain when in fact the main purpose of a real knife is to make actual cuts. I personally think this fits the song better then deep cuts the night. What the hell does that mean anyway.

Dorothea actually Deep Cut The Knife yesterday!

Rdkopper 06-02-2014 01:42 AM

Really Great Lyrics By young 23 year old JBJ

I've been waitin' for this scene to end
I don't need somebody baby, I need a friend
I work all day just like doin' time
I've stood tall through the fires of hell
And I've walked through enemy lines.

So now you've gone and built a wall around you
Its gonna take a heart to knock it down too.
Deep cuts the night, when you're without love
Deep cuts the night, and it's bringing me down, its bringing me down

If I could be the hero in your masquerade,
I could sweep you off your feet and take you far away.
There ain't no saviors in the real world,
There's only broken hearts and souls for you and me girl.

Now you've gone and built a wall around you
It's gonna take a heart to knock it down too.
Deep cuts the night, well its bringing me down

So load your guns and fire away,
All it takes is one fair shot to blow your world away.

Deep cuts the night, and it's bringin' me down, it's bringin' me down

Rdkopper 06-02-2014 01:43 AM

Getting back on topic, did anything else come out of the Obie interview?

yomamasofat 06-02-2014 03:43 AM

Quote:

Obie, not "Obbie". And Jon doesn't own the rights to the Power Station songs, so there is no chance he'll ever release any of them. Tony Bongiovi owns the publishing rights for those songs, which is why he could publish the Power Station Years albums.

That is too bad - If they release a deluxe edition of the first album they should include those songs as bonus disc.

Bon Jovi wrote a song for Meatloaf, 'Elvis in Vegas'. Would love to hear that one as a bonus track for deluxe edition of latter albums.

powernoize 06-02-2014 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177385)
Getting back on topic, did anything else come out of the Obie interview?

haven't seen any updates regarding the interview on the Spain Bon Jovi Facebook page, although i'm guessing the interview was conducted prior to the tracklist being revealed.

jovifan93 06-02-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1177367)
Dick after night :lol: Gotta love the bootleg CD's guess at titles- I liked one of the Wembley '95 show called "Wild Industries" as a mishearing of "Wild In The Streets"

Hehe great stuff :-D We should make a new thread with all misheard/misguessed song titles...

jovifan93 06-02-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177295)
I remastered an audience recording of Cadillac Man for a few users who had asked for it today and also gave it to a friend of mine, who hadn't heard the tune before. He responded saying that to him it sounded like they stole it from Smokie's "Living Next Door To Alice". I had never noticed it before and certainly wouldn't call it stolen, but there are definately quite some similarities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdXPQiukoYE

He's right, there are definitely similarities, from the opening sound to the flow of the melody and the overall feel/sound of it. Never thought about it before, thanks!

Nige 06-03-2014 12:11 AM

The 2CD version is up on itunes now for £11.99 in the UK. Curiously the only track that can be bought individually is the demo of Homebound Train :S

SuperBrad 06-03-2014 12:35 AM

Yeah ! Just bought it ..... Sounds pretty good .

ezearis 06-03-2014 01:41 AM

Can someone share it? Have no credit card anymore :(

By the way, I found this link that says that Bon Jovi is doing Deluxe Editions of the whole discography for the 30 years of the band, releasing demos of all the eras: http://www.elalmacendelrock.com/web/....php?item=1525

KeepTheFaith2211 06-03-2014 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1177367)

:lol: :lol: Amazing.

Rdkopper 06-03-2014 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1177427)
Yeah ! Just bought it ..... Sounds pretty good .

How does it compare?

SuperBrad 06-03-2014 05:18 AM

Much better quality ..... You can turn it up loud and not cringe ....

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 06-03-2014 07:40 AM

listening to the preview of homebound train...

sounds good

KTF,

Nick

GabrielC 06-03-2014 07:55 AM

Where you can listen to previews?

steel_horse75 06-03-2014 08:15 AM

Loving the start of home bound train demo.
Can't wait for this re-issue!!

ezearis 06-03-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1177444)
Where you can listen to previews?

I changed my country to Belgium (on iTunes) and the album is there. You can only listen to the Homebound Train demo. Don't know why I was expecting an even better audio quality, but well, it's a 25 years old demo so it's ok.ç

Edit: It's on the Argentinian iTunes Store now too.

The Northern Cowboy 06-03-2014 08:24 AM

YOu can purchase the Homebound Train demo from the Canadian iTunes as well. :)

Iceman 06-03-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1177447)
Don't know why I was expecting an even better audio quality, but well, it's a 25 years old demo so it's ok.ç

What are you on about, the audio quality is excellent?

Ice

steel_horse75 06-03-2014 10:00 AM

totally agree - sounds fantastic

SuperBrad 06-03-2014 10:28 AM

Just had a proper listen with headphones and really is fantastic . Hope the rest are as good . So pumped for release day !!!

steel_horse75 06-03-2014 10:31 AM

Xmas day comes early this year

SuperBrad 06-03-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1177453)
Xmas day comes early this year

Oh yes indeed it does !

Rdkopper 06-03-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1177429)
By the way, I found this link that says that Bon Jovi is doing Deluxe Editions of the whole discography for the 30 years of the band, releasing demos of all the eras: http://www.elalmacendelrock.com/web/....php?item=1525

If this is true, it will be one of the best re-release trends in RnR History. I don't think any major band has done this with as many albums.

I will buy every single one of them too.

tigrs99 06-03-2014 02:20 PM

I don't find any difference in sound quality between the itunes version and the leaked version

tigrs99 06-03-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177457)
If this is true, it will be one of the best re-release trends in RnR History. I don't think any major band has done this with as many albums.

I will buy every single one of them too.

Pink Floyd has done it with most of their albums including releasing demos same with Pearl Jam and few other bands
Most bands don't release demos as most of the diehards already have the bootlegged demos and don't want to release songs that fans already have

rolo_tomachi 06-03-2014 02:58 PM

Considering it is a demo, sounds pretty good. Clear sound.