Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

BJ?YesPlease 07-10-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1145716)
Richie needs to heed the advice of Sir Ronan of Keating- You say it best, when you say nothing at all.

These cryptic tweets pussying around the subject do no one any favours and just make you look sad and petty. It's a blessing that Jon isn't a Facebooker or a Twitterer, his silence and show-must-go-on stance in a lot more dignified than Richie's veiled stabs, whilst intermittently professing love for the fans that he has, for whatever reason or fault, let down by choice.

Just wish they would shut up and end the saga one way or another and the fans are given the respect we deserve to let us know where we stand with our favourite band, rather than deliberately holding out and letting us stump up the cash for tickets etc... with false hope and maybes.

But *nobody* seemed happy with the initial silence, and begged for some words.
At least it seems a cryptic tweet every now and again divides opinion ;)

And further to RS being a prick....a friend of mine was Bon Jovi's driver in the UK in the early-mid 80s. He says Richie was "a right w@nker". I wouldn't be surprised. What up and coming rockstar in their early 20s isn't....but I think we all hope that over time things improved!

samboraisgodUK 07-10-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1145717)

And further to RS being a prick....a friend of mine was Bon Jovi's driver in the UK in the early-mid 80s. He says Richie was "a right w@nker". I wouldn't be surprised. What up and coming rockstar in their early 20s isn't....but I think we all hope that over time things improved!

I think any suggestions that he's just a prick in general are a little harsh. Everybody I've ever spoken to who's met him or knows him says he's a great guy and that's how he comes across on stage and when being interviewed.

RonJovi 07-10-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1145716)
Richie needs to heed the advice of Sir Ronan of Keating- You say it best, when you say nothing at all.

You won't be surprised to hear that Ronan "Sings Through His Nose" Keating didn't write that song.

Is that Ian Beale in your avatar?

Bounce7800 07-10-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1145720)
You won't be surprised to hear that Ronan "Sings Through His Nose" Keating didn't write that song.

Is that Ian Beale in your avatar?

Of course, I certainly wouldn't give him any credit!

And yes, yes it is. Beale with it :cool:

jessycardy 07-10-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1145700)
He said himself in the documentary that he saw his job as keeping the lead singer (Jon) happy. I think that cost him big time and contributed to some extent to his alcoholism.

Are you even the slightest aware of the magnitude of what you're (unfoundedly) implying?

jessycardy 07-10-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1145705)
Richie's latest tweet seems odd since just last week he was reminding us who had writing and producing credits on all the Bon Jovi albums - in case, y'know, we might have forgotten.

This. I'm getting more and more confused with every statement, to the point I'm not even sure I'm bothering to try and understand them at all anymore.

Sissy3 07-10-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145729)
Are you even the slightest aware of the magnitude of what you're (unfoundedly) implying?

I think we share the same brain, ;) I read that post this morning and that line jumped out at me in big neon letters. I wanted to post something but knew whatever I posted would come off sounding snarky. So I didn't. Glad you did.

RonJovi 07-10-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1145727)
Of course, I certainly wouldn't give him any credit!

And yes, yes it is. Beale with it :cool:

Nice pic Sir. That moustache really does it for me...

JackieBlue 07-10-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1145729)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1145731)
I think we share the same brain, ;) I read that post this morning and that line jumped out at me in big neon letters. I wanted to post something but knew whatever I posted would come off sounding snarky. So I didn't. Glad you did.

I sometimes think you share the same brain, too. :) Perhaps mine simply isn’t awake yet, but what is it that you both think is being implied?

(I’m probably going to regret asking that later... when I’m fully cognizant… :sleeping:

BJ?YesPlease 07-10-2013 03:47 PM

"Beale with it"

The single most profound thing said in over 800 pages.

Nobody can follow that.