Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

semigoodlookin 05-07-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1127580)
Jon has his moments.. Sometimes he's really charismatic and funny other times he is insufferable.
IMO, his biggest asshole moment was when he and Richie did an interview promoting HAND. Richie did all of the talking and Jon just sat there annoyed, letting out big sighs and looking at his watch every now and then...
It's probably on YouTube as well, but don't have a link right now.

Haha I remember that, it is kind of funny. In a way I would prefer full prick mode all the time as opposed to playing the game one day and not the next. That said I do not feel he has to be nice with the media and it is no reflection on who he is, which could be a colossal douche anyway, but who knows.

I have always said that if I was famous and getting these questions I would be much worse. Sure, I am a bit of a **** anyway, but I can be nice too.

LeaJovi 05-07-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1127571)
Have people seen this interview with the Jon ?? Talk about being a grump. This was when Richie was onboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&f...&v=pSk5MOyFgSQ

Am I the only one that finds this interview pretty normal? Not grumpy nor making Jon look bad?

It's just the same old thing. Like a bonus part of the WWWB documentary.

semigoodlookin 05-07-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1127593)
Am I the only one that finds this interview pretty normal? Not grumpy nor making Jon look bad?

It's just the same old thing. Like a bonus part of the WWWB documentary.

I agree.

There are moments where he says something cuntish, but there are times where he seems cool enough with the guy. The presenter even sums it up for us saying he can be prickly and friendly. He answers the questions, seems more enthused by some than others, but on the whole a pretty standard Jovi interview these days.

cowboy2002 05-07-2013 04:25 PM

Just spoke to SeeTickets, AEG have got back today and said not to give refunds, this hasn't been agreed between the promoter and he band, and that AEG are tryin to get BJ to take the info down off the website...... More good PR!!

Stranger11 05-07-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1127480)
That's what I think. Also in the post of Stranger 11, he said that the interview took place on the St Paul concert. Does it say that on this link where the interview had taken place? It could be two different interviews.

Yes, the article I mentioned is not online otherwise I would have posted a link. It´s from a magazine "Das Wien". Altough it seems that all those articles in different austrian magazines and Internet sites originate from this "press-day" in St. Paul, some are longer and have more information than others. Also the Interview w/ David & Tico that I posted on p. 168 is from that same day.

Stranger11 05-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1127471)
I don't know, guys, I know someone who knows the language, and he translated it the same way Google Translate does: "we don't know when he will be back, but it's important that the tour continues". No "brother" or "personal issues" mentioned.

This is the link, by the way. I'm sure any German-speaking member of this board will be able to confirm that.

http://www.heute.at/freizeit/musik/art31330,874793

Yes, it´s the correct translation - that´s what Tico said according to the interview I have right in front of me.

JoviJovi 05-07-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboy2002 (Post 1127597)
Just spoke to SeeTickets, AEG have got back today and said not to give refunds, this hasn't been agreed between the promoter and he band, and that AEG are tryin to get BJ to take the info down off the website...... More good PR!!

Uh-oh :? .....

Walkerboy 05-07-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1127600)
Uh-oh :? .....

So anyone who got on the case over the weekend is lucky.....
AEG will be claiming that it's still Bon Jovi so refunds are not valid.

CKatz 05-07-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1127606)
So anyone who got on the case over the weekend is lucky.....
AEG will be claiming that it's still Bon Jovi so refunds are not valid.

The only lucky fans are the ones who didn't buy tickets in the first place. Next time the band tours (IF there is a next time), I wonder how many people will learn a lesson from this and NOT rush out to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale...

jbjhand 05-07-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1127583)
In a way I would prefer full prick mode all the time.

Absolutely PMSL

Yvonne 05-07-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboy2002 (Post 1127597)

That definitely sucks 1000% I just phoned to confirm mine and he said its gone through. I asked why others were having trouble in getting a refund and he said "all depends when people phoned in for the cancellation"

tigrs99 05-07-2013 06:18 PM

Looks like promoters have told ticketing agencies not to offer refunds any more
Probably there is a big demand for tkt refunds

JoviJovi 05-07-2013 06:21 PM

The announcement specifically says you can get a refund up until the day before the show so telling anyone it depends when they called in is bullshit. I hope someone has a screenshot of that announcement before it disappears.

CKatz 05-07-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 1127617)
Looks like promoters have told ticketing agencies not to offer refunds any more
Probably there is a big demand for tkt refunds

Early in this thread we predicted Bon Jovi shows without Richie would cause trouble in Europe. Looks like we were right. The demand for refunds must have been really high for them to take back the offer.

tigrs99 05-07-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1127619)
Early in this thread we predicted Bon Jovi shows without Richie would cause trouble in Europe. Looks like we were right. The demand for refunds must have been really high for them to take back the offer.

Ticketing agencies work with promoters so they will go probably by what promoters are telling them

bjcrazycpa 05-07-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1127619)

If the promoters actually approved refunds in the first place. I was honestly surprised they were offered given that the shows were going on. The band is losing an audience but it's the promoters losing money (for the most part).

Kathleen 05-07-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1127622)
If the promoters actually approved refunds in the first place. I was honestly surprised they were offered given that the shows were going on.

I was surprised too. Certainly we Americans have not been offered refunds for 2 tours in a row that Richie has missed. Moved or cancelled shows yes, but not just because Richie was not playing.

JoviJovi 05-07-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1127622)
If the promoters actually approved refunds in the first place. I was honestly surprised they were offered given that the shows were going on. The band is losing an audience but it's the promoters losing money (for the most part).

Doesn't matter, it was offered on the bands official site. They underestimated how important Richie is in Europe and many want their money back.

JoviJovi 05-07-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1127623)
I was surprised too. Certainly we Americans have not been offered refunds for 2 tours in a row that Richie has missed. Moved or cancelled shows yes, but not just because Richie was not playing.

We better be offered them for the remaining US shows if Richie doesn't show up. I have done my fair share of "supporting" in Richies absence as well and I am done. This has become a total shit show, none of it is fun anymore.

Sambo-Chris 05-07-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1127623)

You could get a refund at the venue during this tour but this wasnt "advertised" on the Homepage. But a few people got refund.

Yvonne 05-07-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1127625)
This has become a total shit show, none of it is fun anymore.

Exactly this!

bjcrazycpa 05-07-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1127624)
Doesn't matter, it was offered on the bands official site. They underestimated how important Richie is in Europe and many want their money back.

Not disagreeing with you but seems the band/management overstepped and didn't have the promoters blessing. I don't think it's a matter of the promoters now backtracking I don't think they ever approved refunds in the first place. I don't think there is this big deluge of requests but if I'm proven wrong when all is said and done please feel free to tell me, lol!!

JoviJovi 05-07-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1127630)
Not disagreeing with you but seems the band/management overstepped and didn't have the promoters blessing. I don't think it's a matter of the promoters now backtracking I don't think they ever approved refunds in the first place. I don't think there is this big deluge of requests but if I'm proven wrong when all is said and done please feel free to tell me, lol!!

I don't disagree that mgmt probably overstepped their bounds, but its done so someone needs to come up with the money to give a refund to whoever wants one. If there wasn't a large amount of requests, I think they probably would have just gone along to get along and sorted it out with mgmt directly.

But we will never know how many requests there were because the tickets will be given away before it appears as less than a sell out show.

CKatz 05-07-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1127630)

But why would the band/management be dumb enough to ignore promoters and not discuss this with them? In the end it just makes them look bad, because they publically promised refunds.

bjcrazycpa 05-07-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1127632)
But why would the band/management be dumb enough to ignore promoters and not discuss this with them? In the end it just makes them look bad, because they publically promised refunds.

Seems there is miscommunication somewhere...But, I imagine since the band/management said there would be refunds the promoter will be forced to offer them, if that ends up impacting the bands take then they should just dock Richie...lol!! KIDDING!!

idbl_fanatic 05-07-2013 08:00 PM

Hey, I've been meaning to ask, how did Jon become aware of PhilX in the 1st place? I mean I know he covered for Richie in the past, but how did this happen? Does anyone know?

CKatz 05-07-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1127637)
Hey, I've been meaning to ask, how did Jon become aware of PhilX in the 1st place? I mean I know he covered for Richie in the past, but how did this happen? Does anyone know?

I heard John Shanks recommended him to Jon.

jessycardy 05-07-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

I've read somewhere that it was Richie himself suggesting his name to Jon. I don't have a clear source, though, so take this as it is. Maybe others will provide more details.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-07-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Phil's been known to Jon for quite some time. He jammed with Jon as far back as the Blaze era I believe and played on 'Levon' which was around '91 I think..

Andi

jessycardy 05-07-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1127641)
Phil's been known to Jon for quite some time. He jammed with Jon as far back as the Blaze era I believe and played on 'Levon' which was around '91 I think..

Andi

That's true as well. I remember some cool pics of them back in the days... :)

Captain_jovi 05-07-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1127641)

Andi

Yep. He was also in Aldo Nova's backing band for the "Blood on the Bricks" tour. Phil also did some session work for "What do ya got" a year or so before he covered for Richie live.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-07-2013 08:34 PM

No refunds offered for Stockholm (as somebody else already pointed out). Wasn't gonna ask for one anyway since I'm going with a friend who already changed travel plans to be able to go to the show and have a fun night out but I would have wanted one if I had committed to Hyde Park. On the other hand I wouldn't have gotten refunds for flights so good thing I hadn't booked yet.. phew!

Sambo-Chris 05-07-2013 09:20 PM

Münchenticket gives refund. Someone went to a Münchenticket store and they said that they of course give a refund and that a lot of people asked for it already and that a lot of Tickets for munich go on sale again.

Julie 05-07-2013 09:23 PM

If tix were through fanclub to be collected on the day, what are the chances of getting a refund now, anyone know?

Yvonne 05-07-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie (Post 1127674)
If tix were through fanclub to be collected on the day, what are the chances of getting a refund now, anyone know?

Email your confirmation to sparkart and tell them you'd like a refund, thats what I did.

danfan 05-07-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1127639)
I heard John Shanks recommended him to Jon.

No, that was Bobby.

Sambo-Chris 05-07-2013 09:27 PM

If you ordered Moore than One Show ist also okay to Mail them the order numbers and that you want refund coz of Richies absence .

Julie 05-07-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1127675)
Email your confirmation to sparkart and tell them you'd like a refund, thats what I did.

Thanks. & did the refund include the fees or just ticket face value?

superkid 05-07-2013 11:55 PM

Such a shame that Richie isn't back by now. The original announcement said "this leg" so he's already been out for longer than anticipated. I just hope he isn't gone for good, though that is looking like more of a possibility, especially if he never comes back on this tour at all. I just wish this tour was over already and they all had time to get their sh*t together instead of the tour going through December at the earliest.

nrm123 05-08-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1127764)
Such a shame that Richie isn't back by now. The original announcement said "this leg" so he's already been out for longer than anticipated. I just hope he isn't gone for good, though that is looking like more of a possibility, especially if he never comes back on this tour at all. I just wish this tour was over already and they all had time to get their sh*t together instead of the tour going through December at the earliest.

If he ain't back by end of Europe or dont plan it then they should stop after Australia instead of a second spell