Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 07-10-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1145845)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICHIE :p :new-bday:

I think you're a little bit early to the party, even considering he's still in Paris. LOL
But he's going back home tomorrow anyway, so whatever... Time is just a social construct! :p

Gabriel Shoes 07-10-2013 11:43 PM

Seeing people's reaction it Leeds me to believe that only Jon matters. It's really sad.

jessycardy 07-10-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1145848)
Seeing people's reaction it Leeds me to believe that only Jon matters. It's really sad.

I've read a few comments and many were rightly complaining about the wording (which, like Lisa said, is the one the MetLife Stadium page used, not Bon Jovi's).

Kathleen 07-10-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1145843)
This. Don't try to sell me the "I'm all about my solo album" line when you dumped us high and dry last year. Shows can be moved to smaller venues if you really give a damn about your fans, and if you can't bring yourself to do that for ego reasons, at least don't lie your ass off about WHY the shows are being axed.

I have a hard time believing this is about anything other than the almighty dollar, but of course that's total speculation. It's long past time for Richie to realize that holding out isn't going to work and either 1) do whatever has to be done to get his spot in Bon Jovi back if he still wants it or 2) man up and say that it's over and he's out. I'm done actually caring which path he takes. At this point, I'm only here because I'm morbidly curious. My how things change. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1145846)
This. The next time someone jumps on my back for not being supportive of Richie when we don't know the reason, I'm sending them to you. For people to think Richie's activity over the last year is why we're annoyed is insane. My annoyance from the Aftermath fiasco bled over into this and just compiled into "Give me a break" territory. Don't want to tell me why you're not on tour? Fine, but I shouldn't be expected to guess reasons why it's acceptable.

I love you both for your (not so) common sense. And for those that don't know this, there probably isn't (or wasn't) a bigger Richie fan than Terri (milomom). She is just one person that was heavily affected by the fallout from Richie's poor handling of his solo shows. There was lots of time off work and money involved (yes somehow, money is always involved).

Enough is enough in my book. As for Terri saying either man up and get your spot back, or man up and say you are out - I could not agree more. My Mother used to have a saying - either shit or get off the pot - over to you Richie.

milomom 07-11-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1145851)
My Mother used to have a saying - either shit or get off the pot - over to you Richie.

Yep. We had that one, too! Also the more genteel "fish or cut bait" option. However one phrases it, it's definitely time.

rolo_tomachi 07-11-2013 12:24 AM

I want Bon Jovi with Sambora, because I'm a Bon Jovi fan.

No matter what, Richie is part of Bon Jovi, and deserves my respect forever.

I believe in him and trust that everything goes well.

nickolai 07-11-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1145860)

Don't bet on it

Crushgen24/88 07-11-2013 12:57 AM

I fail to see how someone being annoyed at Richie's actions somehow means they only care about Jon. If anything, wouldn't it be the other way around? Wouldn't someone who truly only cares about JBJ not give a damn?

MrNickel 07-11-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1145860)

Your as bad the Jon is the "centre of the universe" lovers. I mean Richie could thump a small child and sing an album full of One Direction songs and you'd still rally behind him.

Matrix15 07-11-2013 01:11 AM

I just can't see Richie returning for a long time because:

1. He's enjoying his "****ing great" sabbatical from the band. He gets to see Ava more and promote his side projects. Which he probably sees are more personally fulfilling than another BJ album.

2. Any Bon Jovi fans on twitter who berate him are probably making him more unlikely to return, why would he want to return to perform for people who have a go at him? (Though he's being a tit when he trolls fans with vague tweets about whats going on).

3. I get the impression he thought WAN and the tour was less about promoting a decent record and more about $$$ for Jon. His real passion seems to be aftermath.

4. He's known Jon decades. If he wanted this issue sorted he could get on the phone to him, meet up and negotiate his return, they've known each other long enough. Judging by his recent interview where he said "maybe September" I don't think he's in a great rush to return.