Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Ruggy 07-11-2013 06:59 PM

No official announcement is just nonsense. I mean, we all know he isn't going to be there, but not every fan reads or posts here, or is on twitter, and so the last they are aware is he was out for the last leg so they could rightly expect him to be there tomorrow night. It's shoddy, as has been the way the whole episode has been handled by bonjovi.com from the start.

IML88 07-11-2013 07:00 PM

I feel like this whole tour will be brushed under the carpet somewhat. I expect nothing different from an announcement regarding the lineup for the N.American leg.

They will bumble along the way they have the whole tour, promotional material will be JBJ focused, nothing much said on stage except the obligatory "stepped in when we needed him" thanks to Phil X and the tour will meander around the rest of the world in the rather vague, lackluster fashion it has since Richie left.

Here's to the impending hiatus and starting a fresh in 5 years time.

Ruggy 07-11-2013 07:02 PM

I've tweeted Matt the hanger on to ask. He'll either reply or block me :popcorn:

jovigirlCT 07-11-2013 07:11 PM

The Richie fans are extremely nervous on twitter that he was supposed to be in Europe for a month and is now flying home early and on his birthday. They are all afraid he will be at the concert tomorrow - not exactly what they want him to do - want him to go solo. Nothing out there yet from Bon Jovi website or nothing from Phil X twitter either way. Let the guessing begin!!

Ruggy 07-11-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirlCT (Post 1145940)
The Richie fans are extremely nervous on twitter that he was supposed to be in Europe for a month and is now flying home early and on his birthday. They are all afraid he will be at the concert tomorrow - not exactly what they want him to do - want him to go solo. Nothing out there yet from Bon Jovi website or nothing from Phil X twitter either way. Let the guessing begin!!

Who says he's flying home early?

JoviJovi 07-11-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

I know people who have gotten refunds for upcoming shows due to Richie's absence so if it was even a possibilty of him coming back, I doubt that would have happened. Refunds are not being advertised like they were for Europe, but you can get one if you try.

Lindy 07-11-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggy (Post 1145942)
Who says he's flying home early?

Ava posted they were flying back to LA today.

jessycardy 07-11-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Early? Why? I don't know how some people got the impression that Richie was gonna spend an entire month in Europe.

Sissy3 07-11-2013 07:40 PM

Sounds like the Richie die-hards want so badly for him to return, they are looking for any indication that he's going to hook back up with the band. He probably came back for a fashion show. :rolleyes: If he were in fact returning there would be some sort of announcement so they could sell more tickets to those holding out for the entire band.

eta: Aren't they on break for the entire month of August? Why return for just a handful of shows?

jovigirlCT 07-11-2013 07:42 PM

I'm just repeating what the die hard Richie fans said - they posted that he was supposed to be in Europe for a month. Don't know where they got that from - I know most also follow Ava's twitter since they quote what she has to say also. I don't expect him to be back for the next leg of the tour. Maybe when they go back out in Sept since Phil X's baby will be due then and they can't be without both. As far as people that requested refunds, that could go for any concert from now to the end of the tour. Its a personal
decision as to whether or not a ticketholder wanted a refund and they unfortunately will just have to live with the consequences if and when Richie comes back.