Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

SuperBrad 07-12-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1146065)
I personally think this thread has run its course and should be locked until something official happens.

Last few pages have just seen people argue about things they have no idea about in terms of Richie and his issues/departure/break.

Its all gotten too personal

Good call !

BJ?YesPlease 07-12-2013 11:48 AM

Jeez Louise!

I've loved this thread, but I have to say the past few days I've skim read pretty much everything. People are far too vicious about their own opinions when they have such little to go on to back them up.

Whether you're a Richie fan, a Jon fan, a Bon Jovi fan, or just a MUSIC fan...surely the best thing isn't for "Richie to come back" or "more Richie solo records" - it's whatever everyone feels happy doing.

Crikey, we've had 30 years of semi-regular albums. How lucky are we for that?
Most bands don't last a year these days.

I don't care whether the next album is a band record or a solo record - I just want whoever does it to be passionate about it and proud of the result.
Why be so selfish to "demand" something when you are ultimately only the consumer?

And please please please can we transform this from a playground into an adult chat forum again?

kenobi_on_a_prayer 07-12-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1145994)
Agreed. I'm a fan of the band, not just Jon or Richie. I just happen to believe that Richie's handled this unprofessionally and Jon has done nothing wrong. But that doesn't mean I'm a Jon-worshipper or a Richie-hater. That's just what I think from an objective viewpoint.

Another quote for truth.

crashed 07-12-2013 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=BJ?YesPlease;1146072]

Whether you're a Richie fan, a Jon fan, a Bon Jovi fan, or just a MUSIC fan...surely the best thing isn't for "Richie to come back" or "more Richie solo records" - it's whatever everyone feels happy doing.

[QUOTE]

Which would have been fine if Richie hadn't bailed in the middle of a tour - he can be happy doing his own thing when he hasn't ditched his commitments to both the band and the fans. That point you seem to not understand.

BJ?YesPlease 07-12-2013 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=crashed;1146074][QUOTE=BJ?YesPlease;1146072]

Quote:

Which would have been fine if Richie hadn't bailed in the middle of a tour - he can be happy doing his own thing when he hasn't ditched his commitments to both the band and the fans. That point you seem to not understand.

I'm beginning to understand the swearing and name-calling.

If you can tell me, 100% factually, based on evidence, that it was all Richie's fault for bailing, and he should've stayed, despite whatever caused him to leave, then I'll agree with you.

Solid Sambora 07-12-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1146072)
Why be so selfish to "demand" something when you are ultimately only the consumer?

So just shut your traps, accept whatever waffle is put out there, and voice no opinion on it...

BJ?YesPlease 07-12-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1146076)
So just shut your traps, accept whatever waffle is put out there, and voice no opinion on it...

I never said that.

But are you seriously telling me that you'd CHOOSE to have a new BJ album, even if all the individual members' hearts weren't in it?
I'd rather have a Jon solo, a Dave solo...whatever...so long as it was something they were passionate about.

Slakk 07-12-2013 01:43 PM

[QUOTE=BJ?YesPlease;1146075][QUOTE=crashed;1146074]
Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1146072)

I'm beginning to understand the swearing and name-calling.

If you can tell me, 100% factually, based on evidence, that it was all Richie's fault for bailing, and he should've stayed, despite whatever caused him to leave, then I'll agree with you.

He signed a contract to do the shows. He quit.

BJ?YesPlease 07-12-2013 02:01 PM

[QUOTE=Slakk;1146082][QUOTE=BJ?YesPlease;1146075]
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1146074)

So the reasons don't matter?
We're back to page 312 (guesstimate) here. The whole "does it matter Jon/A.N.Other was out of line/changed contract terms etc etc".

Seems none of you buggers care about anyone's emotional state or well-being, and it's all about the money and your own personal enjoyment.

nickolai 07-12-2013 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=Slakk;1146082][QUOTE=BJ?YesPlease;1146075]
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1146074)

Yes he did.

But Jon said on his twitter back in April that Richie would be back soon