Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

rolo_tomachi 06-28-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179412)
Sounds good, but there is a unfitting key change in the "got to find somebody" line before the second "I know"s. And I just don't like that lower melody in the chorus, but that's due to the new version, not due to you ;-)

True, the old demo was perfect in that regard.

Lucas_Roli 06-28-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1179409)
It is impossible to make a good mix with the old demo. I improved the audio, filling the track, so it does not feel empty. I used the "I Know" from Jon at the end of the song to fill the gaps. This is the best I could do. This is the third mix that I have done.

In the description of this Youtube video is the download link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEtq...ature=youtu.be

Finally I can live with this, now feels more complete. Thoughts...

This sounds great for me! Thanks alot man.
But right after the ''solo'' you it's ''I said hey,i'll be alright cause i know that someone...'' not ''I said hey love ain't no crime cause i know that someone...'',I think you mixed up the lyrics here.

Since I can remember singing along to this song back in 2013 when I discovered it,I've always singed the I know's and ''Does anybody really give their heart to somebody'' in a similar key that Jon does here,cause I sounded like I was constipated when I was trying to hit those high notes :p

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179406)
Yeah, me too. Once I got the tempo and pitch right, it went fine until the first chorus and afterwards it just wouldn't fit since it are obviously different takes.

Did you take a listen to my cleaned up version of the "old" version? Maybe you could use that to blend it in or do some additional processing on that one?

Your version is fantastic bty and yes, i've been using it all last night. You should do other songs.

Its only been a day and I'm not giving up.

danfan 06-28-2014 01:08 PM

If anyone really wants a challenge, there's a program called Audacity, that for the really initiated, can fix just about any song. I think taking the original demo and cleaning it up with that program is the best bet. Everybody's version they have worked on is as good as I can possibly imagine it getting. And I mean this with the utmost respect, but you can't shine shit, and unfortunately, that's what we got with this new version.

danfan 06-28-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179418)
Your version is fantastic bty and yes, i've been using it all last night. You should do other songs.

You can't do any more man. Like I said above, it's not you, it's the material.

jovifan93 06-28-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179418)

Thanks man! :-) But as danfan said, I fear it won't get much better than that. Maybe someone with more knowledge and expertise could do some 10% more, but I guess that's it.

As for other songs, it's a little hit and miss with me ;-) I tried messing around with those Cadillac Man recordings a couple of weeks ago when the topic arose, but only made things worse :-D

I could only use the same settings I got on the other demos, but the versions we got now are far superior (except for Does Anybody Really), so why bother?

I too like to have that second version, but I would've preferred the other one or both, since I think the "new" version just lacks all the power that made the song. So it's not just a matter of editing the "I know"s back in, you would have to change the second line of the chorus as well, blend the solo in with the new backing tracks, etc.

As I said before, if someone could somehow "edit" out the vocals on the new version (I know it can be done, though probably only if the vocals are centered, but I don't know how to do it), I could just mix both versions together and adjust the speed/timing here and there, that sounded surprisingly good when I tried yesterday. Just Jon's lower melody in the chorus needs to go for it to work, otherwise you have two Jons and one Richie singing ;-)

rolo_tomachi 06-28-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1179417)
This sounds great for me! Thanks alot man.
But right after the ''solo'' you it's ''I said hey,i'll be alright cause i know that someone...'' not ''I said hey love ain't no crime cause i know that someone...'',I think you mixed up the lyrics here.

Since I can remember singing along to this song back in 2013 when I discovered it,I've always singed the I know's and ''Does anybody really give their heart to somebody'' in a similar key that Jon does here,cause I sounded like I was constipated when I was trying to hit those high notes :p

Not confusing anything, just that line "i'll be alright" can not reproduce the same sound quality, unless you use the old demo, and the mix is not as good. So I use the other line.

Rdkopper 06-28-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179423)
Thanks man! :-) But as danfan said, I fear it won't get much better than that. Maybe someone with more knowledge and expertise could do some 10% more, but I guess that's it.

As for other songs, it's a little hit and miss with me ;-) I tried messing around with those Cadillac Man recordings a couple of weeks ago when the topic arose, but only made things worse :-D

I could only use the same settings I got on the other demos, but the versions we got now are far superior (except for Does Anybody Really), so why bother?

I too like to have that second version, but I would've preferred the other one or both, since I think the "new" version just lacks all the power that made the song. So it's not just a matter of editing the "I know"s back in, you would have to change the second line of the chorus as well, blend the solo in with the new backing tracks, etc.

As I said before, if someone could somehow "edit" out the vocals on the new version (I know it can be done, though probably only if the vocals are centered, but I don't know how to do it), I could just mix both versions together and adjust the speed/timing here and there, that sounded surprisingly good when I tried yesterday. Just Jon's lower melody in the chorus needs to go for it to work, otherwise you have two Jons and one Richie singing ;-)

Now that would be a huge undertaking! But someone with talent could get it done.

I've been chatting with Rolo_Tomachi privately and his results are identical to mine (his might even be a little better).

At the end of the day it's just a song. We have two version. A rough early stage demo in perfect quality and then an almost mastered one in decent quality. It's just disappointing because that's the one song which is probably the strongest of all material and the core of that collection.

In the meantime, we'll continue to plug away. The album hasn't even been released in the US yet and we've come so far in a day.

Did you try working on Rosie BTW? That version could use a once over ?

jovifan93 06-28-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179425)
Now that would be a huge undertaking! But someone with talent could get it done.

I've been chatting with Rolo_Tomachi privately and his results are identical to mine (his might even be a little better).

At the end of the day it's just a song. We have two version. A rough early stage demo in perfect quality and then an almost mastered one in decent quality. It's just disappointing because that's the one song which is probably the strongest of all material and the core of that collection.

In the meantime, we'll continue to plug away. The album hasn't even been released in the US yet and we've come so far in a day.

Rosie? Which version? Do you have a YouTube link?

BTW, I could add a little more clarity to my version. I really think that's as good as it's gonna get for now :-) New link is:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/DARFILA2.mp3

Lucas_Roli 06-28-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179425)

I don't know if you guys will like it but this is the way I like to listen to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYEm...ature=youtu.be

I used Audacity but I had no ideea what I was doing,so I just modified the speed an pitch a little bit.