Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

The Rock 07-14-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1146360)
While I don't know, I suspect that Richie is not pre-plotting these photo ops; he's probably not thinking about how fans would perceive them at all. I mean, the "PR" in this mess has been incredibly shoddy, which to me says that there is no PR plan, or way to 'spin' things to look positive. They're doing a spectacular job going the other direction.

If this is about an issue with Jon or within the band, it's possible he's directing his increased visibility at them, as if to say: "See? My life goes on and I'm happy."

But I don't even know if he's vindictive in that way: It's possible he's unaware of what some people are saying and is just "living his life". It just is perceived by the average, media-savvy fan as a slap in the face. I'm not saying that I don't understand or agree with that perception, because it seems like that to me, too. Yet, I don't know if that is how /he/ is intending it.

Either way, this whole saga should be published as "PR Crisis Management: What 'We Don't Have a Plan' Looks Like." Whether perceived or real, every misstep you could make has happened, and keeps happening.

As for whether he is still in the band, both he and Jon have said he is. Richie has said, "Jon and I rely on each other." He's floated the idea of returning to the tour by September. Until I hear otherwise, I'll hold onto hope he is still truly a member (and performer) in the band.

He knows what he is doing, his not naive. I think he is more vindictive then people care to think.

As for the Alec situation, its not the same, so shouldn't be mentioned, it's stupid. Alec wasn't going around appearing at places and giving the finger to the band and fans. The band weren't on tour and Alec wasn't traveling Europe at the same time.

JackieBlue 07-14-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1146284)
I'm trying to find a **** that I can give regarding this news.

:lol: Very descriptive. I'm filing that one away to use the next time I need to file something under "who gives a sh*t?"

Mysterytrain 07-14-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1146362)
He knows what he is doing, his not naive. I think he is more vindictive then people care to think.

As for the Alec situation, its not the same, so shouldn't be mentioned, it's stupid. Alec wasn't going around appearing at places and giving the finger to the band and fans. The band weren't on tour and Alec wasn't traveling Europe at the same time.

Fair point. I wasn't really aware of the band during the Alec years, so I don't know how that all unfolded.

jessycardy 07-14-2013 02:09 AM

Just a thought: we all assumed that Richie went back to LA with Ava, but he obviously didn't. First, he was at the Rolling Stones show in the UK. And now, this picture supposedly taken today in France has just surfaced. I guess that probably means Ava went back to LA with Heather, while Richie stayed in France and then he flew to the UK sometime today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPDnmQ7CMAIWTB_.jpg

( https://twitter.com/NATEyy_boh_T/sta...39015121694724 )

In any case, I have no idea who those people are.

jovigirlCT 07-14-2013 02:18 AM

Well if Richie stayed in London and France he sent Ava and her friend home alone since there have been pictures on different sites of Heather with friends in Hawaii while Richie was in Rome and Paris with Ava. Don't know who the guys are in the picture but they don't even know how to spell Richie's name. Maybe it was from when he was there with Ava.

Sissy3 07-14-2013 02:20 AM

Button that shirt, dammit! I guess he wants to show his jewelry.;)

Mysterytrain 07-14-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirlCT (Post 1146368)
Well if Richie stayed in London and France he sent Ava and her friend home alone since there have been pictures on different sites of Heather with friends in Hawaii while Richie was in Rome and Paris with Ava. Don't know who the guys are in the picture but they don't even know how to spell Richie's name. Maybe it was from when he was there with Ava.

I saw that picture posted somewhere on Twitter and I thought these were just fans who had met Richie.

jessycardy 07-14-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirlCT (Post 1146368)

That's weird, both Richie and Heather said they were gonna spend some time together in Paris. Oh well, it's not important anyway. The thing is he stayed in Europe, 'cause I doubt he would go all the way back to the UK once in LA. Not that his whereabouts are that important either, come to think of it. Just something to chew on while waiting for the next big news.

ezearis 07-14-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyMel (Post 1146340)
It feels like he is just trying to irritate the fans!

I'd say that he isn't trying to do anything, he's just too stupid to see things in a wider perspective.

Jonty 07-14-2013 02:28 AM

so did the band not even do an announcement this time?