Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Mysterytrain 07-17-2013 01:22 AM

That's why I still think it's a dispute between Richie and Jon. The fashion line, looking after Ava, etc., are things he gets to do in the meantime, but I don't think they are the original reasons he left the tour.

golittleperson 07-17-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1146681)
Which also throws out any theory that Richie needed to look after Ava - which was the last rational explanation I had.

My early thoughts too, but not just looking after but maybe some kind of trouble as when Heather was in rehab, Richie was in contact but on the road with BJ then, Ava was with Heathers family. She has also been at her Mom's during these last several months, along with Dad's. If you see her pics can tell which home she is at. NO I don't stalk the child but I do read her posts. I am confused as to what is going on, saw someone say that maybe what ever it is, is major to Richie but not to Jon - perception can be everything. Plus, what ever started this in my opinion, is diff. from what keeps it going on. Afraid outside influences working their own agendas and hate that Richie is buying what ever it is? Can't really explain, just my instincts talking. Really just want to know something definitive one way or the other at this point, and if anyone inside knows, no one is talking. Sad feeling.

WillRunForChocolate 07-17-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1146387)
What's wrong with a little chest showing? Is it his age the bothering factor? I've seen a good number of people reacting in horror to it, so I'm genuinely curious 'cause I'm totally missing it.

Sorry I haven't been on here. Richies got a nice chest and I love unbuttoned shirts on stage. That is appropriate.

It's not appropriate (in my mind) to walk around with that much chest showing in normal everyday life. I'd shoot my husband if he ever tried that, lol. I've never seen just a regular guy walking around the mall or at a restaurant looking like that. That's all :)

jessycardy 07-17-2013 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1146747)
Sorry I haven't been on here. Richies got a nice chest and I love unbuttoned shirts on stage. That is appropriate.

It's not appropriate (in my mind) to walk around with that much chest showing in normal everyday life. I'd shoot my husband if he ever tried that, lol. I've never seen just a regular guy walking around the mall or at a restaurant looking like that. That's all :)

I see, I know some people share your same exact opinion. :) I don't go by such a strict rule, I think my judgement is based on whether my eyes hurt at the view or not. LOL

Mysterytrain 07-17-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1146747)

I don't see that look on men at any age here in rural Iowa lol. (Though, recently a 20-something girl came into the library where I work dressed in a bikini top and towel).

That said, though, I think Richie makes that look work, especially now that he's pretty fit. As to wearing that kind of look in everyday life...well, I attribute that to the rarefied rock star life that he lives. It's just "him."

In fact, far creepier to me than Richie walking around with his shirt unbuttoned was that old clip of "Regis and Kathy Lee" from about 10-12 years ago when he and Jon were guests and Regis made some comment about Richie's exposed chest and proceeded to feel it up.

steel_horse75 07-17-2013 09:29 AM

Has this thread sunk so low and got so boring people are now discussing Richies chest? :(

BJ?YesPlease 07-17-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1146751)
I don't see that look on men at any age here in rural Iowa lol. (Though, recently a 20-something girl came into the library where I work dressed in a bikini top and towel).

That said, though, I think Richie makes that look work, especially now that he's pretty fit. As to wearing that kind of look in everyday life...well, I attribute that to the rarefied rock star life that he lives. It's just "him."

In fact, far creepier to me than Richie walking around with his shirt unbuttoned was that old clip of "Regis and Kathy Lee" from about 10-12 years ago when he and Jon were guests and Regis made some comment about Richie's exposed chest and proceeded to feel it up.

But surely....Richie should dress like the rest of us when not on stage.

;)

Chris_Newton 07-17-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1146751)

Which library :)

eddie73 07-17-2013 10:27 AM

So the scenario, Sambo has had a few months off, i for one dont think he will return this tour !

With all the talk about a break again, will Sambo want to crack on middle next year with a new jovi album, or will Jon be " **** that" having 2 years off. I think if they were to release a new album lets say 2015 it will be the most important of there career, even more than KTF was during the grunge era.

Jon Knows Sambo is equal in the band and by the amount of unsold / Returned tickets it could work in the fans favor, ie going back to roots proper rock album, top producer, no outside writers. Its gonna be make or break for the band on the next album and i reckon they will " **** whats current " and just do it from the heart.

Exciting times!

RonJovi 07-17-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie73 (Post 1146769)
So the scenario, Sambo has had a few months off, i for one dont think he will return this tour !

With all the talk about a break again, will Sambo want to crack on middle next year with a new jovi album, or will Jon be " **** that" having 2 years off. I think if they were to release a new album lets say 2015 it will be the most important of there career, even more than KTF was during the grunge era.

Jon Knows Sambo is equal in the band and by the amount of unsold / Returned tickets it could work in the fans favor, ie going back to roots proper rock album, top producer, no outside writers. Its gonna be make or break for the band on the next album and i reckon they will " **** whats current " and just do it from the heart.

Exciting times!

I'd like to be able to agree with you but I can't.

KTF was massively important because Bon Jovi would have been seen as a fad if that album bombed. They had been popular for 5 years or so at that point and that was on the back of two very samey albums. The rest of their peers pretty much disappeared in the 90s whereas KTF, Crossroad and TD kept Bon Jovi afloat and showed they weren't just one trick ponies. They've been huge for over 25 years now so that pressure isn't there. Their place in history is cemented. There also isn't as much pressure on album sales as there was in 1992.

Richie also isn't anywhere near as important in the band as Jon. Yes, his absence had an impact on ticket sales (albeit, I don't think that impact was huge). However, if Jon dropped out of the tour and Richie, Dave and Tico continued, do you think they would have played to the same crowds as the band have played to on this tour?