Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovifan93 04-07-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1120520)
and it wasn't Richie who notified Jon. So they have not spoken for a while now.

Who said it wasn't Richie? Tought at first they said Richie called at 3:30 and said he wasn't coming.. I only read into that quote that they haven't spoken SINCE that call, which is entirely possible since we don't even know when that interview took place exactly...

jovigirloz 04-07-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1120522)
Who said it wasn't Richie? Tought at first they said Richie called at 3:30 and said he wasn't coming.. I only read into that quote that they haven't spoken SINCE that call, which is entirely possible since we don't even know when that interview took place exactly...

Copied from the April 2nd Concert thread... I have bolded the part in question

Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
I got this from another board. Seems to be the full speech of what Jon gave

I got a phone call today about 3:30 this afternoon and he said that Richie Sambora would not be able to perform tonight's show and I had two choices either pack up and go home or come out here and give you everything I've got. Richie is not in the hospital and he's not in jail or anything but he won't be performing anytime soon so uh we just wanted you to know we are thinking about him and we love him very much and we're sorry he's not going to be here for you and if ever I need help it's tonight OK.

Bill23 04-07-2013 03:46 PM

Did anyone catch Jon's quote - "this is more of a 'we' band than a 'me' band"?

JoviForever 04-07-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1120498)
@MatthewBongiovi: The internal vibe has never been better. All is FINE. just simple personal things Richie has to take care of. Really simple actually.

Really, the band need to rid themselves of this prick. If anything that just makes Richie look bad, missing a whole leg of a tour for something "really simple". I believe TMZ over him.

Reckon if it was a family issue it would have leaked by now.

If everything is so FINE why does Jon do everything separate from the rest of the band? Interviews are separate, they travel separate, they have separate dressing rooms etc, etc.
I really does seem more and more like Jon and his backing band. All this 'brothers' bull shit is exactly that. I would like to have asked Matt that question but couldn't fit it into a tweet!

jovigirloz 04-07-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1120527)
If everything is so FINE why does Jon do everything separate from the rest of the band? Interviews are separate, they travel separate, they have separate dressing rooms etc, etc.
I really does seem more and more like Jon and his backing band. All this 'brothers' bull shit is exactly that. I would like to have asked Matt that question but couldn't fit it into a tweet!

Great questions, but it would never get answered.
They really do treat us fans like we are idiots. Anyone know what the vibe is like on Backstage? Are they getting fed up?

Slakk 04-07-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1120527)

Richie had a quote about the band being a caste system - I think that says a lot. They all have their places in it and it is not going to change. In the WWWB documentary David said it is annoying but the choice is to deal with it or leave and the good is good enough that it makes it worth while. Tico has said about the same thing.

I think they pretty much let Jon carry the weight of the world on his shoulders because he won't give them a voice - they all have their outside things they do (personally I cannot wait for Chasing the Song to make it to Broadway) and if they get together, play some music and make a crap ton of money why not? So let Jon be a PITA and they can just have fun and make music.

Jon likes it both ways, they are family and yet he is the boss. It has worked almost 30 years and they all signed up for it so they must not hate it enough to leave. I think in hindsight the worst thing Jon allowed was WWWB documentary because up until then we just THOUGHT he was an uptight jerk - now we have it confirmed.

But what Richie did for WHATEVER reason, bailing at 3:30 on a show was bad. Not many employers would be happy. I know I would be fired.

JureTD 04-07-2013 04:30 PM

Looks like Richie wont be back for whole april :( http://www.philx.tv/dates.html

CKatz 04-07-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JureTD (Post 1120538)
Looks like Richie wont be back for whole april :( http://www.philx.tv/dates.html

:( :( :( :(

Captmorgs 04-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1120525)
Did anyone catch Jon's quote - "this is more of a 'we' band than a 'me' band"?

Yes. And then he said: "I still have No. 1 albums and the biggest tour on the road." Not "we".

Captmorgs 04-07-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1120530)
Anyone know what the vibe is like on Backstage? Are they getting fed up?

Haven't checked for the past couple days. Initially, they were all just "praying for Richie."