Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Simon 05-11-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1128487)
You're missing the point. He's played 16 shows with the band. Richie has probably played 3,000. How many people (other than fans who know who he is) are really recognizing Phil as Bon Jovi's guitarist?

One. One person randomly asked him to take their picture and then realized he looked kind of looked like the guy playing guitar at the show the night before. "I get that a lot" is arrogant. "Thanks man, fun gig!" would be down to earth. "Who is Bon Jovi?" would be downplaying it.

It was just my take on his tweet. It's really not worth the discussion or all this space.

"I get that a lot" is not arrogant at all. It's a standard answer - and a fun one.

Lisa71 05-11-2013 10:40 PM

An article on Ava from People magazine. Maybe this could be the reason too? but highly unlikely.

http://www.people.com/people/article...699343,00.html

Tom Bon Jovi #29 05-12-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1128512)
"I get that a lot" is not arrogant at all. It's a standard answer - and a fun one.

Exactly, I can't actually believe this is being discussed. Even if there was anything slightly "wrong" with his answer, who cares... It doesn't come across as arrogant, It doesn't come across as anything but a normal response.

Javier 05-12-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1128487)
You're missing the point. He's played 16 shows with the band. Richie has probably played 3,000. How many people (other than fans who know who he is) are really recognizing Phil as Bon Jovi's guitarist?

One. One person randomly asked him to take their picture and then realized he looked kind of looked like the guy playing guitar at the show the night before. "I get that a lot" is arrogant. "Thanks man, fun gig!" would be down to earth. "Who is Bon Jovi?" would be downplaying it.

It was just my take on his tweet. It's really not worth the discussion or all this space.

:lol: Whoa!!! Can't really believe anyone would actually classify that as arrogant. Some people are just predetermined to find something wrong with the guy and something to bitch about...

Crushgen24/88 05-12-2013 07:42 AM

You're reading WAY too much into something very innocuous here.

CharlieShipley 05-12-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1128641)

Because when in the history of the board has that ever happened? :)

TwinFan 05-12-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1128641)

Hello, and welcome to JoviTalk.

Beaky 05-12-2013 05:46 PM

How dare he.

DON'T MOVE, PHIL. DON'T BREATH. DON'T SPEAK. AND CERTAINLY DON'T ENJOY THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME (OKAY TWICE) EXPERIENCE...

I tell ya, If he moves anything more than his f*cking fingers when he is playing at IOW I WILL JUMP ONSTAGE AND KILL THE MOTHERF*CKER!!!

Sambongo is stuck back in Jersey, giving emergency, life-saving driving lessons and this guy is making JOKES IN SOUTH AFRICA!?!! SIT IN YOUR ROOM YOU F*CK AND DON'T LEAVE TIL SHOW TIME!!

Living_on_my_Hair 05-12-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1128717)
#

Sambongo is stuck back in Jersey, giving emergency, life-saving driving lessons a#

This made me laugh..

It's funny, coz it's true!

Andi

crashed 05-12-2013 07:04 PM

I'm back after a week's holiday and this threads still thundering on!

What'd I miss? In 140 characters or less ;)

jovifan93 05-12-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1128719)
This made me laugh..

It's funny, coz it's true!

Andi

Except he's in LA and not in NJ ;-)

Yvonne 05-12-2013 07:35 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the latest tweet from the man himself:

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora

Hey I know how you mothers worry... Don't worry bout me... I'm tip top and smilin...

TwinFan 05-12-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1128743)
I'm back after a week's holiday and this threads still thundering on!

What'd I miss? In 140 characters or less ;)

Ummmm..... nothing. :)

DaveK 05-12-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1128746)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the latest tweet from the man himself:

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora

Hey I know how you mothers worry... Don't worry bout me... I'm tip top and smilin...

Then he should get his ass on tour. Not what I want to hear at all.

Yvonne 05-12-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveK (Post 1128749)
Then he should get his ass on tour. Not what I want to hear at all.

Exactly my thoughts, twice he's said he's ok.... He's losing fans/respect/whatever... All I know is I have my refunds, the last time I saw the band as a whole was Dublin 2011, I'll leave it at that.

efiste2 05-12-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Well why the F#@K doesnt he come out and give us all some hope, that he will be back, Its a bit p#ss poor that he tweets how happy and smilin he is, but gives no apology to his fans wo paid out big money to see him on tour!!!!

Sambo-Chris 05-12-2013 07:47 PM

I am more and more sure that he doesnt have a band anymore with that he could tour.

dianeee 05-12-2013 07:49 PM

I don't follow twitter, has anyone actually asked him if he's doing so great and knows how much everyone cares why he doesn't just say something about what's up and when he'll be back?

jovifan93 05-12-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeee (Post 1128753)
I don't follow twitter, has anyone actually asked him if he's doing so great and knows how much everyone cares why he doesn't just say something about what's up and when he'll be back?

I asked him on one of his latest posts, but seems my tweet has been removed :-(

Correction: it's still there, but no comment from Richie of course...

MrNickel 05-12-2013 07:54 PM

This saga continues. Richie is doing himself no favors with tweets like that.

Spidey5150 05-12-2013 07:55 PM

If Richie's fine and happy I'm happy for him. Obviously if I had tickets to an upcoming show I'd likely be upset, but I don't. Then again I'm ecstatic to be seeing Guns n' Roses next month, and as we all know it's just Axl and whoever he happens to employ at the time, but it matters not to me. I saw BJ in February and had a killer time. Loved it. The album however is the worst they've ever released. If Richie's done and there's no more new BJ i'm not entirely disappointed with that.

Panda 05-12-2013 07:56 PM

He's obviously sick of the band and frankly, I don't blame him. If he's happy without being with the band, then good for him.

crashed 05-12-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1128755)
This saga continues. Richie is doing himself no favors with tweets like that.

No he's not. For someone who has been one of my heroes since I was a kid, I can't help but feel that he's now destroying that sort of respect with his fan base.

There might well be valid reasons why he's not on tour - but making tweets like that is ripping the piss.

CKatz 05-12-2013 08:02 PM

I think he is done with the band. He is happy, I'm happy for him. The band has become a sinking ship anyway.

Becky 05-12-2013 08:05 PM

And is he calling the fans mothers as in female parents or mothers as in mother-f-ers? Again, not doing himself any favors. Whatever. If I had the chance to see the band with Phil, that would be fine with me. I saw him twice the last time Richie didn't show up and he was great.

Beaky 05-12-2013 08:10 PM

This really does feel like he's using Twitter to put pressure on Jon; showing how happy he is, etc.

I am thinking, more and more, that they are leaving us hanging so we can reach our own conclusion and he just won't come back. I don't think it'll ever be explained but I really, honestly think he's done with it.

F*ck me, I would LOVE a Richie book, though...

'Raise Your Glands - My Life as a Cocksman'

'Sticks To Your Buns'

Okay, I am going to stop now...

nrm123 05-12-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1128752)
I am more and more sure that he doesnt have a band anymore with that he could tour.

There's a difference between Jon and Richie. Everyone sees Jon as Bon Jovi therefore the band it will never be the same without one of the main members. But Richie could tour with session players like his solo tour and it would still be great.

Wonderdog 05-12-2013 08:25 PM

A question. Has he announced a winner in the cover contest?

Crushgen24/88 05-12-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1128757)
He's obviously sick of the band and frankly, I don't blame him. If he's happy without being with the band, then good for him.

I know I'm a broken record with this, but if that's the case then I WOULD be happy for him if he hadn't done it in the middle of the tour. I don't care how "sick of the band" he was, he should have finished out his commitments first.

Becky 05-12-2013 08:40 PM

I don't think his posts are meant to pressure Jon. He posted recently that he loved the band. I don't think it's a band issue. I think he's got some personal issue and is just being a dick and not handling himself very well by acting like all is well when he's not fulfilling his commitments. He either needs to tell the truth or STFU.

MrNickel 05-12-2013 08:48 PM

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps2bf23b3e.png

WillRunForChocolate 05-12-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1128760)
And is he calling the fans mothers as in female parents or mothers as in mother-f-ers? Again, not doing himself any favors.

I didn't get the sense his tweet was derogatory in any way. I think he really meant mothers as in female parents :)

I still find it troubling that if he is so great why isnt his @ss on tour.

steel_horse75 05-12-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1128759)
I think he is done with the band. He is happy, I'm happy for him. The band has become a sinking ship anyway.

No it hasn't.
No 1 us album plus no 1s in other countries.
World tour currently 2nd highest grossing.

If Richie is well he is taking the piss out of every single one of you who slagged off JBJ and said it was his fault. To everyone who has bought a ticket. If he wants out then say it. Don't start tweeting how great everything is when you have 100,000s of fans who want to no wHats going on.
JBJ is be no means perfect but to my mind he has never let the fans down and the show goes on.

WillRunForChocolate 05-12-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1128782)

Oh, that's a nice one!

CKatz 05-12-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1128777)
I don't think his posts are meant to pressure Jon. He posted recently that he loved the band. I don't think it's a band issue. I think he's got some personal issue and is just being a dick and not handling himself very well by acting like all is well when he's not fulfilling his commitments. He either needs to tell the truth or STFU.

Just because he said he loves the band, doesn't mean he didn't quit.

steel_horse75 05-12-2013 08:51 PM

I felt for Richie at first thinking maybe his demons had come back. As someone who has a sister with a drink problem I know how hard it is to stay straight.
But now he is ****ing every fan around.

Yvonne 05-12-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1128782)

This is the best picture in this thread! Hahaha!

Josie2013 05-12-2013 09:20 PM

If Richie and Jon are indeed fighting and they are going about it like two teenagers. It's like they are fighting it out over social media and waiting to see who cracks first without really trying to resolve anything. I would like for them to say either Richie is in or Richie is out. However, I don't think they even know that answer yet.

Lisa71 05-12-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1128786)
Just because he said he loves the band, doesn't mean he didn't quit.

Exactly and even if he is fighting with Jon, he would still love him but this issue can't be resolved. There is a 30 year friendship here and all that can't be taken away. Richie saying that he loves the band, doesn't mean that he still won't leave them.

StoneDeaf 05-12-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1128760)
And is he calling the fans mothers as in female parents or mothers as in mother-f-ers?.

Quite simple. Target audience of today's BJ is.....