Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

liljovi93 03-02-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1251297)
It's my opinion that Burning Bridges was the best bundle of songs to come from Bon Jovi post 2000, or essentially the best music since These Days (or even Destination Anywhere).

With the right mastering and proper release, those songs could have been something special instead of just labeled as "throwaways". With Jon's then vocal state and the absence of Richie, this album was the perfect blend of the Band with a mix of a Jon solo vibe...

The album definitely had that late 90's Jon Solo vibe to it. Songs like Teardrop To The Sea contained that smokin guitar sound that Bobby provided on It's Just Me. YouTube comments praise the song like it fell off of These Days. Who Would You Die For has a rasp and emotion from Jon that I think we'll never hear again.

What prompted me to write this was a fan video I saw the other day where he matched Who Would You Die up to video clips from DA. Its a perfect fit.

Agreed. Burning Bridges is massively underrated in my opinion. We Don't Run/A Teardrop To The Sea/Who Would You Die For/Fingerprints are 4 of the best songs the band have released since 95. Not my actual top 4 but you get what I mean. It's some of their best work since 95.

Even some of the 'fillers' are solid. Saturday Night & I'm Your Man in particular aren't bad songs at all.

The rest are a little 'meh' but I can't say I HATE or strongly dislike a song like I do on other albums.

It's actually got a different vibe to any other Bon Jovi album since 95 too.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 03-03-2019 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1251297)
The album definitely had that late 90's Jon Solo vibe to it. Songs like Teardrop To The Sea contained that smokin guitar sound that Bobby provided on It's Just Me.

yep, don't forget the song ("My Worst Enemy") was actually originally for a JBJ solo record, then JBJ changed title and lyric...

A Teardrop To The Sea is definitelly my latest MOST FAVORITE song since 2015 to the present.

Rdkopper 03-03-2019 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251304)
yep, don't forget the song ("My Worst Enemy") was actually originally for a JBJ solo record, then JBJ changed title and lyric...

A Teardrop To The Sea is definitelly my latest MOST FAVORITE song since 2015 to the present.

Which song was that? I don't remember that title?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 03-03-2019 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1251305)
Which song was that? I don't remember that title?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The song that JBJ wrote with Billy Falcon in 2014, which ended up being A Teardrop To The Sea...

JackieBlue 03-03-2019 05:34 PM

Apologies if this podcast has been posted somewhere besides on the Our Strength thread. I brought this over from that thread, where it was mentioned in reference to a single quote from Jon that related to that discussion. But if this generates any discussion of the podcast, itself, I thought it would fit better here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251202)
Check.
As per that podcast that JBJ posted on his twitter:
"No longer
No!
My scars are now heal."

Is this the podcast you referred to?

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonbonjov...42090053390336

I know he says something in it that is similar to what you quoted about being over the NFL thing; but I wasn't sure if it was the same one or not..

I just finished listening to it on Spotify and it's one of the best interviews I've heard with Jon (and Dorothea). He sounds so much more authentic in this one than I've ever heard him sound in any interview he's done as promotion, whether it has been for an album or tour or to draw attention to something he is doing, alone or with the band.

I had heard the story about how Dorothea came up with the Soul Kitchen idea and how it grew to what it is today. I don't think I'd ever heard, specifically, about the other resources and services they provide through SK. But what really impressed me is Dorothea's attitude about everything.

If people haven't taken the time to listen to it, I highly recommend it.

The link Jon posted in his tweet (above) connects directly to i-tunes; but it's also available on Spotify and Google Podcasts.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-03-2019 06:04 PM

Yeahh that podcast...
but similar quote? I quoted it exactly. Hihi.

JackieBlue 03-04-2019 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251309)
Yeahh that podcast...
but similar quote? I quoted it exactly. Hihi.

I have no doubt; but I couldn't remember it exactly without going back and finding it. The "similar" was on my part, not yours. :D

YOVANAfromPeru 03-04-2019 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1251315)
I have no doubt; but I couldn't remember it exactly without going back and finding it. The "similar" was on my part, not yours. :D

Don't worry, I have good memory...
but I almost fall asleep listening that podcast, oops.

rickysambo 03-05-2019 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251316)
Don't worry, I have good memory...
but I almost fall asleep listening that podcast, oops.

Understandable, it was in English.

YOVANAfromPeru 03-05-2019 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysambo (Post 1251350)
Understandable, it was in English.

I’m sorry, amigo!
What that means???
Yo hablo español -_-