Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-12-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1128758)
No he's not. For someone who has been one of my heroes since I was a kid, I can't help but feel that he's now destroying that sort of respect with his fan base.

There might well be valid reasons why he's not on tour - but making tweets like that is ripping the piss.

Agreed. If he'd just come out and tell us the fecking reason, since he's apparently doing so swell, it would be a completely different story. Now I'm just pissed. Of course I'm glad he doesn't seem to be sick or extremely troubled but it's time to give us some real information, this has really turned into a joke.
My show is on the 24th, he obv won't be there, and I won't travel further not having him back on stage... so nothing to do about that, however regardless of my own shows or whatnot I want to know what the flip is going on. Those tweets are just another way of pissing all over us. :(

alonso14 05-12-2013 10:34 PM

Each week there is usually an advert for the tour in the Sunday Mirror. It's always been a band shot or heart/dagger logo for this tour, until I was reading it just now and noticed...

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8936/imag0213o.jpg

KeepTheFaith2211 05-12-2013 10:47 PM

I am bored of Richie Sambora now.

rolo_tomachi 05-12-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1128816)

I'm bored of Bon Jovi, bored with his "boring tour" and his "bored set lists".

KeepTheFaith2211 05-12-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1128818)
I'm bored of Bon Jovi, bored with his "boring tour" and his bored set list.

Good for you mate. Sadly I couldn't care less.

nrm123 05-12-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1128816)

isnt he that guy who plays the solo to In these arms on the tours?

KeepTheFaith2211 05-12-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1128821)
isnt he that guy who plays the solo to In these arms on the tours?

Bobby Bandeira. He'll be playing that this tour as well, whereas Richie will be at home.

I know you were joking, but my point stands.

nickolai 05-12-2013 11:09 PM

Richie is acting like a complete twat. **** him, i dont even want him back now-he can go **** himself

steel_horse75 05-12-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1128820)
Good for you mate. Sadly I couldn't care less.

Agree.
How can people wheel out the boring set lists???
Not many bands make as many changes as Bon Jovi through a tour.
Seen AC/DC? For 20 years they've had the same songs in the same order every gig on every tour.

rolo_tomachi 05-12-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1128824)
Richie is acting like a complete twat. **** him, i dont even want him back now-he can go **** himself

Without Richie, Bon Jovi is very very boring.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3236/surfsambo.jpg

With Sambora, everything is more fun and exciting.

;)

efiste2 05-13-2013 12:33 AM

on one of RICHIE's facebook fan pages most of the posters are simply delighted by his tweet,
so my posting of my thoughts that he should come out and say wtf is going on rather than telling everyone he is happy and smiling, havent gone down to well :rolleyes:
theyre all just glad he is happy and healthy.

one good point they do make is that come the end of the tour it will be announced that Richie is no longer part of the band. Its a thought I had nievely missed, if that turns out to be the case, Im afraid the whole BON JOVI MACHINE will have lost that little bit soul and heart it had left and will probably loose half its fanbase overnight!!!!

If he has left we the fans need to know NOW.....

rolo_tomachi 05-13-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1128834)
on one of RICHIE's facebook fan pages most of the posters are simply delighted by his tweet,
so my posting of my thoughts that he should come out and say wtf is going on rather than telling everyone he is happy and smiling, havent gone down to well :rolleyes:
theyre all just glad he is happy and healthy.

one good point they do make is that come the end of the tour it will be announced that Richie is no longer part of the band. Its a thought I had nievely missed, if that turns out to be the case, Im afraid the whole BON JOVI MACHINE will have lost that little bit soul and heart it had left and will probably loose half its fanbase overnight!!!!

If he has left we the fans need to know NOW.....

NO.

Richie has said he loves the band and their fans. When he is ready come back.

Ignore everything else, look no hypothesis, no conspiracies. You just have to wait.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4300/waite.gif

JerseyGiant 05-13-2013 12:59 AM

The more time that passes the more this whole situation becomes a train wreck..... Hey ho I paid good God damn money to attend the Lisbon gig bring it on! :)

efiste2 05-13-2013 01:00 AM

I personally think, that even though the BONJOVI corporation/machine is exactly that, a huge money machine, the CEO wouldnt string the fans along until the end of a World Tour.
but with Jon remaining more or less silent (except the Ellen show) and Sambora obviousley smiling and happy but silent, the rumours of a split seem a lot more likely and perhaps Sambora is legally gagged.
I do find it strange that JBJ hasnt mentioned him in any show that Im aware of, or deictaed a song to him etc etc

I think the sooner they announce something rock solid the better.... even "Richie will be back as soon as he can" would do but not from MATT's tweets as they have no credit.

bjcrazycpa 05-13-2013 01:30 AM

100% believe Richie hasn't quit it's up to him to announce what he wants when he wants. I know it's hard to take but that old cliche "it is what it is" stands.

CharlieShipley 05-13-2013 03:09 AM

If he's happy and healthy, great. I do t blame him for being burnt out, and it's absolutely his prerogative if he wants to call it a day. His current tweets make me more hopeful that this Rockers In Recovery show in August will actually be a thing. I'll be in LA for that and really hope to meet him.

JoviJovi 05-13-2013 04:30 AM

Newest tweet:

Richie Sambora @TheRealSambora

Oh about the contest... So many to go thru and so much greatness I gotta come up with a plan... So many talented people....

9:16pm - 12 May 13

The Rock 05-13-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1128854)
100% believe Richie hasn't quit it's up to him to announce what he wants when he wants. I know it's hard to take but that old cliche "it is what it is" stands.

I'm thinking the same thing. I don't think his quit either and personally I don't think his fine. When someone has to constantly tweet that, I'm thinking there is more to it. His state of mind is not well. I see it also as being read between the lines. Its the same when someone is having a bad day and you ask how are you doing and they reply ****ing great, they are normally not ****ing great. The over the top description of ****ing great, I'm tip top. Is this really Richie talking? You mother's out there? Personally unless he is ready to say when he is coming back. Shut Up. I don't need another reminder that he is fine and that's bullshit. He is fine staying home, twindling his thumbs, driving his daughter and meeting his car dealership, instead of playing 2 sold out shows in Africa. It would have been planned for his daughter to go because all the guys had their families with them in Africa. So being with Ava is no excuse. His all bullshit now.

CKatz 05-13-2013 08:05 AM

If Richie hasn't quit yet, I think he is close to quitting. Bon Jovi doesn't seem like a priority to him anymore. I'm not just talking about his recent tweets, but also the interviews he has done in the last year or so.
The fact that he still has not debunked the rumour of him leaving the band or at least saying when he'll be back, says a lot. Also, I can't help but think that TMZ was on to something. They may not have gotten the full story, but parts of it.
A part of me is rooting for him to leave, so he can focus on his solo work which is far more interesting to me than any new Bon Jovi music.

steel_horse75 05-13-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1128914)
A part of me is rooting for him to leave, so he can focus on his solo work which is far more interesting to me than any new Bon Jovi music.

You and about 3 others.

Sambora on his own wont interest many. He cant even fill out small venues. He needs Jovi and he knows it. People just arnet interested him as a solo artist.

Not many solo albums sell well. People want the band not the individuals.

If people think the last few Jovi albums didnt sell well how many did Richies last few sell?

gkkes 05-13-2013 09:12 AM

His tweet on 30th March says a LOT (2 days before Calgary)
@TheRealSambora "Hey did anybody listen to Forgiveness St today?"
Is he talking about Jon here?

Another moment of a lost conversation
A chance to understand, then passing us by
Careless words and a wounded situation
In our silence it's a struggle to survive
Please meet me on the other side
Don't be afraid to cross

On the corner of compassion,
shattered streetlight in the dark
When faith is lost and wandering
in your lover's heart
Drops of sidewalk desperation,
collected at your feet
An unlocked house is waiting,
at the end of Forgiveness Street

Faded polaroids of my regrets,
and my memories I never thought would last
In a box I kept them underneath my bed,
but the pain was running deeper than the past
It was supposed to stay unopened
That's where I got hurt

I found my way home to that
house of forgiveness street
Tired of carrying the pain
from dragging that cross
Someone stole all the signs
that led to forgiveness street
I'm broken inside, so here I am,
still standing all alone

steel_horse75 05-13-2013 09:15 AM

Im now at the stage where I think Richie has left and thats fine.

Lets say he has. Then he should have quit before the album release and tour or the band should have said this is Jovis last album and last tour.

I dont mind the band carrying on touring while Richie has his midlife crisis as by cancelling the tour they are letting 100,000s of fans down but by carrying on touring they are clearing saying - its not our fault its Richies. But after this tour then the band should call it quits if another of the original member has left. 1 out of 5 members leaving - and that member just being a touring bassist is no big deal. But to have one of the main members leave just becomes stupid and pointless.

I just think if Richie was considering quiting he should have done before the tour.

jovigirloz 05-13-2013 09:21 AM

Just my thought, but maybe he wanted to quit before the tour. Jon talked him into hitting the road with a promise of see how it goes blah blah, never thinking that Richie would quit while on tour, and Richie decided he had had enough. Jon is keeping the peace and hoping he will be back at some stage as surely he can see crap album, poor ticket sales that things are on the downward slide and no Richie will not help matters.

eddie73 05-13-2013 09:23 AM

Maybe he is trying to prove a point to Jon. " Im a major player in this this band, Just as important as you , lets see how ticket sales and refunds go ,without me as the guitarist "

Jon is just, me me me me me me !

CKatz 05-13-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkkes (Post 1128924)

Don't be afraid to cross

in your lover's heart
collected at your feet

That's where I got hurt

from dragging that cross
still standing all alone

I can't believe this song wasn't released on Aftermath. It's amazing.

Bounce7800 05-13-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1128925)

I just think if Richie was considering quiting he should have done before the tour.

Maybe he tried to just Jon convinced him to give it a go and he couldn't stick it out. Who knows. But again, I'd be more inclined to believe this if he hadn't been the one performing out of his skin at the shows he was at whilst Jon just stood motionless.
It's annoying that his Twitter responses (maybe deliberately) answer nothing. It would be very easy for him to allay concerns but as yet he hasn't. Not that he's a social media expert, and he was certainly burned on Twitter before so now he seldom responds to anyone, but even he could do better- if not someone should be able to tell him to.

CKatz 05-13-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1128931)
Maybe he tried to just Jon convinced him to give it a go and he couldn't stick it out. Who knows. But again, I'd be more inclined to believe this if he hadn't been the one performing out of his skin at the shows he was at whilst Jon just stood motionless.
It's annoying that his Twitter responses (maybe deliberately) answer nothing. It would be very easy for him to allay concerns but as yet he hasn't. Not that he's a social media expert, and he was certainly burned on Twitter before so now he seldom responds to anyone, but even he could do better- if not someone should be able to tell him to.

When he was still new to twitter, he responded quite a bit. But then he was bombarded with pathetic "Notice me! Answer me! Retweet me! Follow me! Say hi to me! Or I will die!" requests. Those people ruined it for the reasonable people who asked him questions, I think.

jessycardy 05-13-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1128842)
I do find it strange that JBJ hasnt mentioned him in any show that Im aware of, or deictaed a song to him etc etc

He did, just not recently. Both mentioned him and "dedicated" a song to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1128904)
He is fine staying home, twindling his thumbs, driving his daughter and meeting his car dealership, instead of playing 2 sold out shows in Africa.

I know your point is valid either way, but my OCD just needs to point out he didn't meet with his car dealership, that was an old picture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1128890)
Newest tweet:

Richie Sambora @TheRealSambora

Oh about the contest... So many to go thru and so much greatness I gotta come up with a plan... So many talented people....

9:16pm - 12 May 13

What strikes me the most about this latest tweet is "I gotta come up with a plan". Sounds to me like: "I have no time/possibility to check all the videos, but I need to find a way". Or something along those lines, you know what I'm saying? But I just don't see him as "not having the time", he seems pretty "carefree" (pass me the term) driving his daughter to school, hanging out with her and stuff. Then again, we can't really judge his life by his sporadic tweets, I know. Just found the wording interesting.

Bounce7800 05-13-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1128935)
When he was still new to twitter, he responded quite a bit. But then he was bombarded with pathetic "Notice me! Answer me! Retweet me! Follow me! Say hi to me! Or I will die!" requests. Those people ruined it for the reasonable people who asked him questions, I think.

There was that, but then every celeb gets them. He was burned with a case of mistaken identity though not long after he joined, he chatted to some bloke who he thought he knew but turns out it wasn't that person, he got a bit nasty and Richie hasn't really responded much after that and just used it as a 1 way street, which is a shame as its best when its a 2 way interaction.

MrNickel 05-13-2013 12:01 PM

Look at the difference between this interview with Richie, Ticco and David compared to the interview Jon gave to the same guy where he was a real dry arse.

The guys seem much more at ease, Jon takes over everything when hes there.

steel_horse75 05-13-2013 12:03 PM

I dont like Richie tweeting he is fine and lifes great when he owes 100,00s of fans an explanation.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-13-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1128923)
You and about 3 others.

Sambora on his own wont interest many. He cant even fill out small venues. He needs Jovi and he knows it. People just arnet interested him as a solo artist.

Not many solo albums sell well. People want the band not the individuals.

If people think the last few Jovi albums didnt sell well how many did Richies last few sell?

Well it depends on what he's trying to get out of his solo efforts. Look at John Frusciante (RHCP) who's one of my favourite musicians of all time. He's made like a billion solo albums and theyre all amazing. He has always claimed he doesn't want awards or to top any lists or even to play the big venues. He's happy having the people who actually find his music and message satisfying listen to him and share the music with him etc. Maybe Richie wants to go deeper than what he feels the Jovi machine has become, but he doesnt have the "right fanbase" yet, or/because he doesnt know how to make that come across , so to speak. Who knows. Frusciante is way more "alternative" and doesnt usually attract the regular rock/pop fan so maybe that's a lousy comparison... But if Richie's leaving to do solo work he's probably not trying to match Jovi in numbers and venues or even style, he must know too that it's simply impossible. Surely he can afford not earning as much every year as he's done with the band. Of course I want him in Jovi too, but yeah...

nikos greece 05-13-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1128948)
Well it depends on what he's trying to get out of his solo efforts. Look at John Frusciante (RHCP) who's one of my favourite musicians of all time. He's made like a billion solo albums and theyre all amazing. He has always claimed he doesn't want awards or to top any lists or even to play the big venues. He's happy having the people who actually find his music and message satisfying listen to him and share the music with him etc. Maybe Richie wants to go deeper than what he feels the Jovi machine has become, but he doesnt have the "right fanbase" yet, or/because he doesnt know how to make that come across , so to speak. Who knows. Frusciante is way more "alternative" and doesnt usually attract the regular rock/pop fan so maybe that's a lousy comparison... But if Richie's leaving to do solo work he's probably not trying to match Jovi in numbers and venues or even style, he must know too that it's simply impossible. Surely he can afford not earning as much every year as he's done with the band. Of course I want him in Jovi too, but yeah...

i think you are soo wrong when you are trying to find so many similarities between rick and fruschiante...i love them both but they are completely different cases...richie is the one about the stats, the no1s and the "52" countries...someone should have corrected him...
even richie has the right to go indie and fully change his perspective but i dont think this is the case here...aftermath wasnt an indie record, ok it had some safe guitar jamming/kind of shredding but his audience knows him as a good guitarist so it just a natural decision, richie writes pop rock songs and he is good at it, a decade back could also add some hard rock and blues chops in there more efficiently...
always was a richie fan but i m also extremely dissapointed by the way he handdles things...

rolo_tomachi 05-13-2013 12:54 PM

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1...tsambora33.jpg

AmyHarket 05-13-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkkes (Post 1128924)

Don't be afraid to cross

in your lover's heart
collected at your feet

That's where I got hurt

from dragging that cross
still standing all alone

To me, it seems he's talking about his ex-wife.
I also think "Pictures of You" is about her.

Walleris 05-13-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1128950)
i think you are soo wrong when you are trying to find so many similarities between rick and fruschiante...i love them both but they are completely different cases...richie is the one about the stats, the no1s and the "52" countries...someone should have corrected him...
even richie has the right to go indie and fully change his perspective but i dont think this is the case here...aftermath wasnt an indie record, ok it had some safe guitar jamming/kind of shredding but his audience knows him as a good guitarist so it just a natural decision, richie writes pop rock songs and he is good at it, a decade back could also add some hard rock and blues chops in there more efficiently...
always was a richie fan but i m also extremely dissapointed by the way he handdles things...

Exactly.

Richie is way more commercially-oriented a lot more similar (or even more commercial if you compare their second solo albums) to Jon in that regard then his fanboys' and Jon's haters here would like to admit. Aftermath is a perfect example. Richie made plenty of interviews about how it was just him doing whatever he wanted (not being limited by the "Bon Jovi juggernaut") and what does he deliver? An conteporary mainstream rock album, that doesn't have a single one epic guitar solo he's been known for in the 90s, and filled with songs that sound a lot more similar to other popular today's rock bands, Foo Fighters, The Killers, Black Keys, etc., rather than the blues rock stuff that we know. Listen to the Great Hall Of Fame song from the Les Paul tribute album. It's from 2008 and it shows how Richie is still bluesy, but I guess he just wanted commercial success, which he didn't get at all.

And even if he wants to go solo full-time, he has nowhere to go. Yeah, he can play shows in small arenas in Europe, but that won't last forever, he cannot just stay in one continent. He doesn't mean in US obviously if you look at how he cancelled the shows even when he had very little planned. Australia I think would be the same, cause his album didn't even chart there at all. I believe Europe and South America are the only places where he has any fanbase. And that fanbase will be even smaller now due to the way he handled things and (if he actually) left the band like this. I mean, why would I support Richie, who's not in rehab, not in family emergency, posts happy shit on twitter, but decided to drop out in the middle of the tour, before even coming to places that actually care about him? And we all know his fans are Bon Jovi fans. So if Richie is not smart enough to realize it and actually tries to go solo only, he'll be back in Jovi in no time.

AmyHarket 05-13-2013 01:49 PM

I don't think Richie wants to quit the band. Jon and the rest of the band were surprised by the call from Richie or someone else at 3:30pm on the Calgary show day, which caused the rest of the band to do the show without a lead guitar player.
I highly doubt Richie would do such immature behavior toward them plus the fans in the venue.
Like anybody else, I don't know the reason, but I imagine the unsaid reason surprised Richie, too. The issue might have occurred on the same day.

Jonty 05-13-2013 02:27 PM

does anyone really care any more, if we are truly honest? Even Matt's stupid tweets cause no more than a ripple

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-13-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1128950)

Well maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I wasn't at all saying they are similar music wise or anything, I was just saying maybe Richie sort of wants to seek a less commersial base or simply doesnt mind venues and crowds being much smaller and less "regular", but he hasn't got the material or solo recognition to do it the same way Frusciante has. Hence me saying Fru is way more alternative and has that type of fan base from the start (you don't need to tell me how much they differ frome eachother, Ive been a Frusciante solo fan for 10 years). I was merely saying maybe Richie somehow wouldnt mind the slightly less commersial scene but he's sort of in limbo...

rolo_tomachi 05-13-2013 08:07 PM

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1...hebandfans.jpg