Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

OnceUponADime 07-25-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1147805)
i hope you are right man but i dont think there is any chance he ll be back at this point

My friend is going to the show tonight and he is going to text me and tell me if Richie is playing.

Becky 07-25-2013 06:02 PM

I'm going out of town so if Richie is back tonight, I'll probably miss the explosion of the internet when it happens. I don't think he'll be back tonight though.

Sissy3 07-25-2013 06:27 PM

Come back for two shows right before a month long break? Makes no sense to me, and there are soooooooo many fans who are ecstatic because they fully believe he'll be there on stage. And maybe he will but, ain't gonna hold my breath. :)

Mysterytrain 07-25-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1147809)
Come back for two shows right before a month long break? Makes no sense to me, and there are soooooooo many fans who are ecstatic because they fully believe he'll be there on stage. And maybe he will but, ain't gonna hold my breath. :)

But just think how it could be spun: "Guitar Hero Returns for Hometown Shows!"

It would be good PR, anyway. Has Richie missed any Jersey shows in the past? Can't remember.

Solid Sambora 07-25-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1147802)
Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora 16m

This jettlag really workin for me. It's amazing what you can get done when everyone's asleep...

Teasing, or completely oblivious to the hype?

Can't help thinking some are getting their hopes up a little too much- better having low expectations and being surprised, than going in all optimistic and having your hopes crushed!

Mysterytrain 07-25-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1147812)
Teasing, or completely oblivious to the hype?

Can't help thinking some are getting their hopes up a little too much- better having low expectations and being surprised, than going in all optimistic and having your hopes crushed!

Yeah, seems kind of cruel if Richie were to tease like that, knowing how so many fans want him back for the New Jersey shows, if he wasn't going to be there.

On the other hand, a lot of his previous Tweets showed that he seemed oblivious to how they came across, so....

I think your strategy of low expectations is good. The roller-coaster of emotion I've felt as a fan -- (and this is from someone who /isn't/ going to any shows on this tour) has already exhausted me at times.

Sissy3 07-25-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1147814)
Yeah, seems kind of cruel if Richie were to tease like that, knowing how so many fans want him back for the New Jersey shows, if he wasn't going to be there.

On the other hand, a lot of his previous Tweets seemed showed that he seemed oblivious to how they came across, so....

I think your strategy of low expectations is good. The roller-coaster of emotion I've felt as a fan -- (and this is from someone who /isn't/ going to any shows on this tour) has already exhausted me at times.

This! It does seem at times he really doesn't understand the magnitude of many fan's displeasure with him or many other fans never ending hope that he'll show up at a particular show. I really think he's in la-la land at times. :D

rightsideofwrong 07-25-2013 07:03 PM

I didnt even put the jaglag comment together as he might have flown to jersery...but its only a three hour difference from LA to NJ. Not too sure if that really is considered at jet lag lol..Phil is retweeting people as usual on twitter about the show tonight. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but it would be great to see him take the stage again

OnceUponADime 07-25-2013 07:12 PM

If Richie does play tonight, one of these 2 songs should open the show: Undivided or Blood on Blood.
Or better yet, Richie sings Every Road Leads Home To You, as in home to Bon Jovi.

Mysterytrain 07-25-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rightsideofwrong (Post 1147816)
I didnt even put the jaglag comment together as he might have flown to jersery...but its only a three hour difference from LA to NJ. Not too sure if that really is considered at jet lag lol..Phil is retweeting people as usual on twitter about the show tonight. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but it would be great to see him take the stage again

I suppose he could still be referring to his jetlag from his trip home from Europe, but wasn't that quite awhile ago by now? To make a comment like that on the day of the New Jersey show if you're talking about two-week-old jetlag....*shakes head*