Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Walkerboy 05-13-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1129010)

What's with the chin and lips????

MrIks from Finland 05-13-2013 09:45 PM

Wait! He's Phil! Dressed as Sambongo!!!!

rolo_tomachi 05-13-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1129031)
Wait! He's Phil! Dressed as Sambongo!!!!

Not Phil, he's not a cowboy. He is a drill.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7660/phildrill.jpg

heart&dagger 05-13-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1128750)
Exactly my thoughts, twice he's said he's ok.... He's losing fans/respect/whatever... All I know is I have my refunds, the last time I saw the band as a whole was Dublin 2011, I'll leave it at that.

Wow, you actually received your refunds? Dayum... I want mine.

How did you manage to receive your's and how long did it take from your request to ~ receiving the refunds? (Thanks)

btw, Totally agree with you regarding that Richie is losing fans/respect/whatever. Shame, really, but he's doing it to himself.

So much fighting going on T as well. Some R fans see his tweets one way and others see them, in the real context that they are written, but that opinion is incredibly unpopular on T. I wish more R fans would see the reality of what R is doing to himself.

His "Mother's" tweet was incredibly rude, imo.

I think he's dissing the fans who keep fawning over him, acting concerned about him, constantly saying he's in their prayers, and on and on and on.

All of that has now worn itself out. I have to run over those replies, these days.

Even if R by some small chance has a real "personal issue", he is not helping his cause with his tweets. Someone should gag him, for his own good.

heart&dagger 05-13-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1128751)
Well why the F#@K doesnt he come out and give us all some hope, that he will be back, Its a bit p#ss poor that he tweets how happy and smilin he is, but gives no apology to his fans wo paid out big money to see him on tour!!!!

And, therein lies the rub, for me.

It's also the travel expenses, the time off from work, etc. Guessing R has forgotten what's it's like to be in those shoes?

tbh, His lack of concern for "his fans" annoys the hell out of me.

Maybe, it's R who has the real dark side, perhaps some of us have had it backwards, all this time...

heart&dagger 05-13-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeee (Post 1128753)
I don't follow twitter, has anyone actually asked him if he's doing so great and knows how much everyone cares why he doesn't just say something about what's up and when he'll be back?

If one did that, one would lose a ton of followers. That's the most unpopular view out there.

(Which, at this point, I do not understand.)

R receives mostly love fests on T, occasionally, someone will call him out, but it's rare.

imo, he needs to be called out, instead of being coddled.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-13-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1129049
If one did that, one would lose a ton of followers. That's the most unpopular view out there.

R receives mostly love fests on T, occasionally, someone will call him out, but it's rare.

Yeah I don't understand either...

heart&dagger 05-13-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1128414)
does anyone else feel at that stage that they are just past caring about all this bollocks? Its too exhausting now. Shit album, shit tour, being lied to after spending a shit load of money.

Raises hands ^^^^

heart&dagger 05-13-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1128315)
I've never made that connection before now. Guess my mind *isn't* in the gutter! LOL

I never did, either.

jovigirloz 05-13-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1129055
Raises hands ^^^^

raises hands too. Even with all the ticket frenzy going on in Australia atm, I really don't care. Will try for last minute tickets if Richie is playing here and Jons voice improves, otherwise not bothering.

rolo_tomachi 05-14-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

You just wants to stir the shit, and that's not right.

Richie will return when ready. Personal matters should be kept private.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2128/llback.jpg

Just Wait.

CharlieShipley 05-14-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1129075)
You just wants to stir the shit, and that's not right.

Richie will return when ready. Personal matters should be kept private.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2128/llback.jpg

Just Wait.

This. I don't understand all these people who think RS owes them something.

nrm123 05-14-2013 01:24 AM

Just listen to what richie says...relates so much to recent events.

http://youtu.be/_InfNJo_twM

Here's another possibility to add to the list...maybe Richie/some members of band didn't want to tour so soon after last tour, but because its there 30year anniversary almost felt obliged to do it. But Richie couldn't handle it didn't want to risk what happened last time so pulled out to have some therapy or what not

CharlieShipley 05-14-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1129043

His "Mother's" tweet was incredibly rude, imo.

His "mothers" tweet was in response to it being MOTHERS DAY.

rolo_tomachi 05-14-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1129076)
This. I don't understand all these people who think RS owes them something.

Because he's my idol, and also human. I love Richie, and I accept it as it is, with the good and the bad.

SexxAtraxxion 05-14-2013 01:33 AM

Richie should form a band with this dude, he can sing the high notes.

http://youtu.be/ZNM0ENUCO5I

CharlieShipley 05-14-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1129079)
Because he's my idol, and also human. I love Richie, and I accept it as it is, with the good and the bad.

I was going to write a post explaining my rational, but this says it best.

rolo_tomachi 05-14-2013 01:38 AM

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9...samborasex.jpg

JoviJovi 05-14-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1129081)
I was going to write a post explaining my rational, but this says it best.

The only people I love unconditionally are my family. I pay RS (as part of the band)for a product he is not delivering. I and any fan have a right to be pissed off.

rolo_tomachi 05-14-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1129083)
The only people I love unconditionally are my family. I pay RS for a product he is not delivering. I and any fan have a right to be pissed off.

Quiet girl.

Richie also loves his family very much, but you don't want to understand.

You think it's a product. I think it's an art and he is a human person.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7409/vvvuj.png
Jon is the Heart, Richie is the Soul.

CharlieShipley 05-14-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1129083)
The only people I love unconditionally are my family. I pay RS (as part of the band)for a product he is not delivering. I and any fan have a right to be pissed off.

I didn't say I love RS unconditionally. The enjoyment, perspective and comfort he has brought to my life through his music (and Bon Jovi) outweighs the fact that I'm a bit perturbed that he has felt the need to bench himself with a less than complete statement. I'm also enough of an adult to accept "It's Personal" as a reason, given Richie's history.

I was promised a Bon Jovi show. I got a kick ass show with Jon, David and T stepping up for the 1/4 of the band not there. I felt I received what I paid for.

Jonty 05-14-2013 02:02 AM

anything lately from Matt?

LeaJovi 05-14-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1129080)
Richie should form a band with this dude, he can sing the high notes.

http://youtu.be/ZNM0ENUCO5I

Holy shit that is a fun video!

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Oh yeah rich00bi come back pl0x

JoviJovi 05-14-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1129085)
Quiet girl.

Richie also loves his family very much, but you don't want to understand.

You think it's a product. I think it's an art and he is a human person.

QUIET GIRL??

the only response I have to you is f*** off. You deserve nothing beyond that.

JoviJovi 05-14-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1129086)
I didn't say I love RS unconditionally. The enjoyment, perspective and comfort he has brought to my life through his music (and Bon Jovi) outweighs the fact that I'm a bit perturbed that he has felt the need to bench himself with a less than complete statement. I'm also enough of an adult to accept "It's Personal" as a reason, given Richie's history.

I was promised a Bon Jovi show. I got a kick ass show with Jon, David and T stepping up for the 1/4 of the band not there. I felt I received what I paid for.

I actually quoted you by mistake. It was rolo that has the unconditional love I believe.

Javier 05-14-2013 04:07 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Phil is loving every second of this opportunity. I love Richie but I'm really Happy for Phil X to have gotten this chance, from this guitar magazines and promoters should be knocking on his doorstep anytime soon. Awesome for him, completely awesome! As far as Richie goes, I've really gotten to the point where I honestly don't give much of a shit, he comes back great, if he doesn't hope he works out whatever the **** it is he's working on....

CKatz 05-14-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

That is such cowardly behaviour. You're afraid to complain directly to Richie, because you know it's unpopular and will make you lose followers!? So instead you bitch on a messageboard that Richie probably doesn't even read. Yeah, that makes sense!:rolleyes:
If you want to call him out, then call him out.
I don't need to, because I'm not angry with him. It seems only few people are or it wouldn't be so unpopular on twitter.

steel_horse75 05-14-2013 08:26 AM

Every day Richie doesn't make a statement he is basically shitting in your mouth.
He needs to tell the fans what's happening. Now.

Beaky 05-14-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1129115)
Every day Richie doesn't make a statement he is basically shitting in your mouth.
He needs to tell the fans what's happening. Now.

I'm gonna need Listerine and Tic Tacs... stat.

CKatz 05-14-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1129120)
I'm gonna need Listerine and Tic Tacs... stat.

:D :D :D :D

rolo_tomachi 05-14-2013 11:32 AM

I have no reason to complain. Richie has said it is a personal and private matter. I respect this.

He congratulated all mothers, and sent a message of hope for fans who are concerned about their health. This is not rude, it is a good thing.

Foremost, it is a good father, takes his daughter drive to school, and spend time with her. Not all the time has to be sad, he will make his daughter happy despite adversity.

Richie will be back.
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/306...samboraava.jpg

He sing this song to her daughter:
;)

steel_horse75 05-14-2013 02:01 PM

i think if he goes awol on tour and is not going to make a statment about whats going on then he should go awol from all social media.

LeaJovi 05-14-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1129126)
He sing this song to her daughter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuD9AoE9l6Q

Richie's record has so much more heart than what aboot now.

Panda 05-14-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1129163)
what aboot now.

:D:D:D:D:D

efiste2 05-14-2013 06:33 PM

The only 100% fact to come of all these posts is that rolo tomachi kicks ass with his artistic creations, these latest black & white ones are crackers!!!!!

Panda 05-14-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1129168)
The only 100% fact to come of all these posts is that rolo tomachi kicks ass with his artistic creations, these latest black & white ones are crackers!!!!!

The other 100% fact is that Samboogoo is off in Africa teaching children how to play the Sitar.

Supersonic 05-14-2013 06:48 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1129170)
The other 100% fact is that Samboogoo is off in Africa teaching children how to play the Sitar.

Yeah, rumor has it he'll be joined by an African choir for a special rendition of My Sitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

samboraisgodUK 05-14-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1128961)
Exactly.

Richie is way more commercially-oriented a lot more similar (or even more commercial if you compare their second solo albums) to Jon in that regard then his fanboys' and Jon's haters here would like to admit. Aftermath is a perfect example. Richie made plenty of interviews about how it was just him doing whatever he wanted (not being limited by the "Bon Jovi juggernaut") and what does he deliver? An conteporary mainstream rock album, that doesn't have a single one epic guitar solo he's been known for in the 90s, and filled with songs that sound a lot more similar to other popular today's rock bands, Foo Fighters, The Killers, Black Keys, etc., rather than the blues rock stuff that we know. Listen to the Great Hall Of Fame song from the Les Paul tribute album. It's from 2008 and it shows how Richie is still bluesy, but I guess he just wanted commercial success, which he didn't get at all.

I take your point but bad example I think. That song is pretty poor. Listen to "Blood on the Ground" from the Dark Streets soundtrack, now that's really bluesy Richie.

Die Hard 05-14-2013 07:39 PM

Ehm, I haven't read this topic since page 250...

Do we have any news about Richie's absence? Any official reasons besides 'personal issues'?

crashed 05-14-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Die Hard (Post 1129182)
Ehm, I haven't read this topic since page 250...

Do we have any news about Richie's absence? Any official reasons besides 'personal issues'?

Nope. Nothing new.