Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

crashed 07-26-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1147990)
What he means is that he will record a cover of the song Friday, by Rebecca Black, next Thursday.

Richie's been doing such oddball stuff lately that I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he did.

SuperBrad 07-26-2013 11:01 AM

He seems drunk or out of it a bit to me .... Either way , slaine , hyde park , and now jersey .... 3 of the biggest without him .... He aint comin back now ever i dont think .....

BJ?YesPlease 07-26-2013 11:02 AM

Sorry, have been away and feeling like I've missed out on the Saratoga thing?

Why was this show a disaster? Was this the one hit by weather?
I know it was a KOS show, but was that unplanned?

:/

bonjovi821 07-26-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148010)
Sorry, have been away and feeling like I've missed out on the Saratoga thing?

Why was this show a disaster? Was this the one hit by weather?
I know it was a KOS show, but was that unplanned?

:/

It was unplanned and unannounced until it happened. The only forewarning was Matt tweeting something like "Tonight's show is gonna be something NEVER SEEN BEFORE" or something hypey, so people got excited and then ****ing Bobby Bandiera opened the show singing and sang 3 songs. There were points in the night where no Bon Jovi member was on the stage, if I recall.

Mysterytrain 07-26-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi821 (Post 1148013)
It was unplanned and unannounced until it happened. The only forewarning was Matt tweeting something like "Tonight's show is gonna be something NEVER SEEN BEFORE" or something hypey, so people got excited and then ****ing Bobby Bandiera opened the show singing and sang 3 songs. There were points in the night where no Bon Jovi member was on the stage, if I recall.

Didn't Jon sing with KOS as the opening act, as well, and then come back out and sing with Bon Jovi? Also, I understood that KOS was onstage with Bon Jovi during the Bon Jovi set for the rest of the evening, and they did a mix of cover tunes and Bon Jovi songs.

I think the weather thing happened the following night. Jon changed it up the next night and had KOS open, but he didn't sing with them. Then, it was a Bon Jovi-only show, for the most part, though I thought he heard KOS joined them for a couple of songs.

bonjovi821 07-26-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148014)
Didn't Jon sing with KOS as the opening act, as well, and then come back out and sing with Bon Jovi? Also, I understood that KOS was onstage with Bon Jovi during the Bon Jovi set for the rest of the evening, and they did a mix of cover tunes and Bon Jovi songs.

I think the weather thing happened the following night. Jon changed it up the next night and had KOS open, but he didn't sing with them. Then, it was a Bon Jovi-only show, for the most part, though I thought he heard KOS joined them for a couple of songs.

Yeah I think he did sing with them as the opening act. The first song of the official show was Sgt. Pepper and Bobby sang that, and 2 others throughout the night.

I'm not sure about the second part but I recall someone saying that there was a point where Jon, Phil, David and Tico were not on stage at the same time. Someone needs to fact-check me though, I could have misread, but that's what I think happened.

I don't know what was going through Jon's head but he must have realized he screwed up that night. According to the setlist, the next night there were no covers done. They said it was affected by rain but the setlist on paper was very short.

steel_horse75 07-26-2013 01:58 PM

Not to be rude but this is the Richie thread. Discuss that sham of a gig in the gig thread. This thread has enough shit in it.

Lisa71 07-26-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148014)

Here is a review of someone who was there which is in the thread dedicated to the show. Jon wasn't on stage for the opening song, Bobby opened the show. There were parts of the show when there was no Bon Jovi on stage and just the KOS. Apparently it was suppose to happen again for the next show but it went back to a full Bon Jovi show again, there was too many complaints.

Here's the review:

Bobby with the KOS performed Sgt Pepper...no band members were on stage then Jon came out and performed with the KOS. The Band came out then left the stage and KOS came back out. David, Tico, Hugh, & Phil were on stage for 12 songs and then the final song. The rest of the time it was the KOS. The only time KOS and BJ Band was on stage together was the last song.

Yes Bobby started the show and sang 3 songs. St. Pepper, Baba O'Reilly and Pretty Woman. Jon was only on stage playing guitar for Baba O'Reilly the other two songs no one from BJ was on stage.

TheseDaysEra 07-26-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1147984)
Ok def. in LA, as suspected if listen to reason and not gossip but just tweeted.

Richie Sambora‏@TheRealSambora4m
Hey guys just back from dinner with my daughter.. You know what heard? Thurs. is the Friday...

First line, got it, can anyone translate the next for me? Late and my brain is tired.

he talks a lot of shit on his tweets... lol. luv it
he kinda sounds retarded n all.

ticos_stick 07-26-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1148020)
he talks a lot of shit on his tweets... lol. luv it
he kinda sounds retarded n all.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k4x-_wriSy...1326494238.jpg