Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JoviJovi 07-28-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148358)
It's insecurity. Bieber and Timberlake are relevant. Jon isn't, so he tears them down to make himself feel better. It's childish and stupid.
I agree the rehab comment was insensitive. He needs to stop putting others down in an effort to build himself up. He's just making himself look bad in the process.

I bet he will as soon as Richie's well placed sources stop running to the tabloids.

Crushgen24/88 07-28-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148358)
It's insecurity. Bieber and Timberlake are relevant. Jon isn't, so he tears them down to make himself feel better. It's childish and stupid.
I agree the rehab comment was insensitive. He needs to stop putting others down in an effort to build himself up. He's just making himself look bad in the process.

TBH, I think even that's reading a bit much into it. I think it's less a view into Jon's psyche and more him reading the audience. The demographic at Bon Jovi shows tends to skew older, with people who will instinctively cheer the idea that "The music we loved when we were kids is better than the crap kids today like."

CKatz 07-28-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148361)
TBH, I think even that's reading a bit much into it. I think it's less a view into Jon's psyche and more him reading the audience. The demographic at Bon Jovi shows tends to skew older, with people who will instinctively cheer the idea that "The music we loved when we were kids is better than the crap kids today like."

There are better, more adult ways to get an audience to cheer. The fact that he chooses to disrepect other people in order to get that response, does say a lot about Jon's psyche.

Crushgen24/88 07-28-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148364)
There are better, more adult ways to get an audience to cheer. The fact that he chooses to disrepect other people in order to get that response, does say a lot about Jon's psyche.

I'm not disagreeing with you that there are other ways, but mentioning Justin Beiber is a cheap and easy way to do it. It's become the modern day "mention the town you're playing in" that a lot of people use to get cheap cheers. I don't think Jon sits up at night going "Damn that Justin Beiber for being more relevant than I am." It just provides him an easy way to get a reaction and have people swoon for him.

Supersonic 07-28-2013 10:29 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148361)

I doubt that. Jon mentioned Bieber in early interviews as well, saying "Yeah we're now at the stage that we can say "we've been there, yeah that was cool, we did that too..." pretending how they once were just as popular but are now no longer strive for that admiration because "they'd been there". Yet he feels that he needs to bring up at almost every show how they're so relevant and big nowadays after THIRTY years, a thing of which he's perfectly aware Justin Bieber can never win from thus it makes him come across like the bigger act out there. It's pathetic and childish really, and if you need to get your cheers in order to bring someone else down, it doesn't really count. Let the music do the talking, as oppose to the petty insults, and the insults only really came up once the music no longer had the impact Jon was striving for.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Crushgen24/88 07-28-2013 10:30 PM

Just to clarify: I'm not saying Jon bringing up Beiber isn't stupid and childish, it's cringe inducing. Just that I think it's more about getting cheap cheers than it is Jon't psyche.

ticos_stick 07-28-2013 10:42 PM

Well Richie will have been made aware of the comment by his Twitter bitches. If he and Jon aren't speaking he probably won't know what to make of it.

Mysterytrain 07-28-2013 11:00 PM

Meanwhile, Richie Tweeted:

Hey I guess it's Sambora Sunday.....wow thank you guys so much....keep sharing I forgot I did half of this stuff....

and

"I'm very flattered and happy that y'all are enjoying my voice so much.. Thank you..."

Jonty 07-28-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148357)
While I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a definite dig at Richie, considering Richie has been in rehab over the years, it was in the very least in poor taste, imo. For that matter, I don't know why Jon feels the need to disparage other artists (Bieber, Timberlake) in these 'speeches' he gives during shows; his longevity in the business stands on its own.

To be fair to Jon, on Thursday I wouldnt say he was disrespectful to Timberlake, he said he wasnt as good a dancer as Justin which is probably true! I cant remember what he said re Bieber but when he said the name, I + most of the crowd booed because that guy is a complete twat, messes with the fans and is totally disrespectful to all around him.

Sissy3 07-28-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148379)
Meanwhile, Richie Tweeted:

Hey I guess it's Sambora Sunday.....wow thank you guys so much....keep sharing I forgot I did half of this stuff....

and

"I'm very flattered and happy that y'all are enjoying my voice so much.. Thank you..."

Why is this not hard to understand? :rolleyes: As for Justin Bieber I keep waiting for someone to bitch slap that punk and I hope TMZ gets it on tape. I do like the other Justin, however. :)