Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Javier 07-29-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148419)
Yeah, your interpretation sounds more likely. :)

Lol, it's just the way I actually picture Richie saying it that's funny! Either way, something about this just kind of upsets me. Or, I don't know if upset is the right word to use, but it puts me off the whole thing. Out of all the members of Bon Jovi, Richie is the one with the most potential for a solo record that could be amazing! Tico is pretty content with Bon Jovi, David while talented, outside of his plays hasn't really shown that much versatility. Jon leans more towards the Leonard Cohen type of stuff when he goes solo, and doesn't stretch his abilities much either. Richie I believe still has untapped potential, he still acts like he has something to prove, he's genuinely excited about music still, but then he goes and records this. I just do not get it, I felt the need to even log in and post a comment on youtube (something which I never do). And I think this really sums up how I feel about this song and basically the man in general:

I really really want to like it. Richie has been such a huge influence on me and his songs have helped me throughout a lot of my life, but I'm really not digging this. The obvious dig at Jon is just too lowbrow celebrity reality show cheeky for someone who I admired and looked up to as my hero. Either way, I'm pretty sure he's happy doing this and that's what matters, I just hope more of his fans like it a lot more than I do....

MrNickel 07-29-2013 01:26 AM

Its like he got Timbaland'd like Chris Cornell.

Catchy but also crappy.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1148423)
Lol, it's just the way I actually picture Richie saying it that's funny! Either way, something about this just kind of upsets me. Or, I don't know if upset is the right word to use, but it puts me off the whole thing. Out of all the members of Bon Jovi, Richie is the one with the most potential for a solo record that could be amazing! Tico is pretty content with Bon Jovi, David while talented, outside of his plays hasn't really shown that much versatility. Jon leans more towards the Leonard Cohen type of stuff when he goes solo, and doesn't stretch his abilities much either. Richie I believe still has untapped potential, he still acts like he has something to prove, he's genuinely excited about music still, but then he goes and records this. I just do not get it, I felt the need to even log in and post a comment on youtube (something which I never do). And I think this really sums up how I feel about this song and basically the man in general:

I really really want to like it. Richie has been such a huge influence on me and his songs have helped me throughout a lot of my life, but I'm really not digging this. The obvious dig at Jon is just too lowbrow celebrity reality show cheeky for someone who I admired and looked up to as my hero. Either way, I'm pretty sure he's happy doing this and that's what matters, I just hope more of his fans like it a lot more than I do....

Actually, I agree with you on this. It's very pointed, lyrically, almost too much so. You can't really take "Frankie and Dean" any other way but Richie telling Jon, 'You're not my keeper."

Sissy3 07-29-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148410)
Did anyone notice these lyrics? "Not Elvis or God, not Frankie or Dean, if I die tomorrow I'll come back as me."?

Nothing subtle here, he and Jon have always referred to each other as Frank and Dean. Jon's an Elvis fan and occasionally has a God complex. ;)

MrNickel 07-29-2013 01:40 AM

I think at this junction its safe to say that both Jon and Richie have lost the f**king plot.

jdanielross 07-29-2013 01:40 AM

Well, that was a pretty awful song, IMO. Glad I got to see the band one last time back in March at the Louisville show. :-/

The Rock 07-29-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1148426)
Nothing subtle here, he and Jon have always referred to each other as Frank and Dean. Jon's an Elvis fan and occasionally has a God complex. ;)

Jon has a picture of Frank in his dressing room. He is a huge influence on Jon and one of their biggest hits has "As Frankie said, I did it my way"

Where they are going from now, I only can say splitvilles (if they haven't already)

Annoying as hell that it's Nikki who put the song out.

Sissy3 07-29-2013 01:46 AM

So does this officially close the door on the slim chance Richie may have returned in September?

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 01:47 AM

I attempted to write out the lyrics. Couldn't understand everything; if anyone knows what he's saying where I have (????), then fill in the blanks, please!

"Come Back As Me" by Richie Sambora

What do you want me to say, I’ll tell you anything you wanna know,

You wanna know about disappointment, baby I (don’t watch?) that show,

I’ve been up, I’ve been down, you see me crawling with my face on the ground

This pain, this pride, I carry around like a knife in my side.

In spite of it all, from all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Rewind and press play, I’ll burn up the screen,

If I die tomorrow, I come back as me,

What do you want me to say, I gave you everything I could give,

But everything just wasn’t enough so I just let live and let live,

I got lust, I got bound, break my heart and it don’t make a sound,

Hard times, bad luck, I’ve had my share but it’s turning around.

(???).. for the burden, (????) …so here’s my revelation, won’t be misunderstood

In spite of it all, I’m comic relief, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me

Rewind and press play, I’ll burn out the screen, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

(????) the burden, even the (???) …so here’s my revelation: I won’t be misunderstood.

In spite of it all, for all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Not Elvis or God, not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow I come back as me.

In spite of it all, for all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Not Elvis or God, not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

jessycardy 07-29-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1148431)
So does this officially close the door on the slim chance Richie may have returned in September?

Slams it to kick that in the ****in' butt. I'm speechless, angry, terribly sad and everything in between.