Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TugaJovi (Post 1148462)
Let me just remind you that Richie didn't actually tweet the link to the song, he just tweeted about it. Does that mean that that weirdo Nikki is his representative now or something? Ok, with Twitter things get everywhere instantly, but why not post his song on his own profile and show it to the world as his creation? It's this kind of attitude that disturbs me. That or I'm just getting too ****in' delusional about it. What a nightmare.

Nikki as representative is how I see it. Remember back at that Rumor Fix video when she interjected when Richie and the reporter were talking about Bon Jovi? Also, someone said that, in the TMZ video, the cameraman asked Nikki to get out of the frame, because she was well and determined to be in it with Richie.

It's basically like Nikki not only wants to be his fashion partner, but wants to speak for him with respect to his music. Also, I thought I read somewhere once that Nikki used to front a band in L.A. Between that and the music she and Richie did for WTB, I suppose she sees herself as well-versed in both the fashion and music fields.

golittleperson 07-29-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1148465)
You are correct it was Nikki who tweeted the song, there is something going on here with her.

Also now Sean Borg has tweeted about it:

Sean Borg ‏@SeanBorgLA 43m
Listen up! Check out this brand new yet to be released song by @therealsambora "Come Back As Me" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lmYX...ature=youtu.be … … ~ It rocks!

Are they Richie's new circle of friends, Nikki and Sean?

Sean is the official press for Nikki/Rich. He is/was employed by The Sun in GB which I think is owned by the same parent company as Radar Online, know there is a connection but not certain details.

jessycardy 07-29-2013 02:49 AM

"Yet to be released" means this will not stay as a YouTube video. It will be somehow, someway officially promoted and maybe even sold, as a stand-alone or as part of a bigger project.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148469)
"Yet to be released" means this will not stay as a YouTube video. It will be somehow, someway officially promoted and maybe even sold, as a stand-alone or as part of a bigger project.

Maybe it's the theme song for Richie's post-Bon Jovi reality show.

jessycardy 07-29-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148470)
Maybe it's the theme song for Richie's post-Bon Jovi reality show.

Promise me you'll shoot me straight to the head before that happens... Please?

Sissy3 07-29-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148471)

LOL! Probably be on VH1. :D

GabrielC 07-29-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1148471)

Are you suicidal? We know that's probably what's going to happen.

golittleperson 07-29-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1148466)
I have visions of Nikki standing behind Richie saying "You know you were the only talented one in that band! You know you should have been in charge! You know Jon's a dick!" I see her as fanning the flames of any anger/resentment he has towards Jon. Although why she'd want her money man to lose a big chunk of his revenue by quitting the band is a puzzle. (Yeah, I give her too much credit but blaming her makes as much sense as anything else. :D)

Ok, one more and I gotta get some rest. Women like that can't control unless you are under their thumb. On the road with 30 year influences/friendships/memories would not be a good thing. He's very wealthy and she will ride til broken if that is how it went - plus suspect great deal of his paycheck is in writing credits over the years. Every play is a cha ching. He has been involved in fashion for years (hear white trash lost $) and it never bothered me until all this new drama. Yes, touring is big $ when successful - but from what I read, Jon is big payday there. It kills me to think he falls for it and hope like hell I'm wrong. Gut says otherwise. I think there are major mistakes on both sides, I adore Richie and if I have to choose... I just want it all! Still say if Jon had put a couple of AMOL solos in set list - this would all be a bad dream. Richie really wanted that promoted.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1148474)
Ok, one more and I gotta get some rest. Women like that can't control unless you are under their thumb. On the road with 30 year influences/friendships/memories would not be a good thing. He's very wealthy and she will ride til broken if that is how it went - plus suspect great deal of his paycheck is in writing credits over the years. Every play is a cha ching. He has been involved in fashion for years (hear white trash lost $) and it never bothered me until all this new drama. Yes, touring is big $ when successful - but from what I read, Jon is big payday there. It kills me to think he falls for it and hope like hell I'm wrong. Gut says otherwise. I think there are major mistakes on both sides, I adore Richie and if I have to choose... I just want it all! Still say if Jon had put a couple of AMOL solos in set list - this would all be a bad dream. Richie really wanted that promoted.

I want it all, too: I want Richie to stay in Bon Jovi and release solo albums more frequently.

I have a theory about the seemingly strong influence of Nikki. I keep going back to Richie's comment in "WWWB" about it being his job to make Jon happy. I think it gives us quite a bit of insight into Richie's personality, and that is the personality of a people-pleaser. For years and years, Jon was his focus. Indeed, at times it seemed Richie was utterly devoted. As for Jon, I got the impression he liked being adored (don't ask me about the many pictures I have that illustrate this; quite frankly, I'm too sad with what is going on to look at them anymore).

Anyway....

Now Jon and Richie are on the outs, but, despite seeming to say, "I don't need Jon" Richie latches onto Nikki (and his Twitter fan base) and basks in the glow of their attention. Obviously, Nikki is dominant in terms of the fashion which is one thing (and to be expected) but she basically shapes herself into Richie's spokesperson in all things, fashion and in music, and Richie lets her.

So, he's basically traded one domineering person for another. Nikki has (presumably) "replaced" Jon.

Just my take on this. He seems to be giving Nikki too much influence in things that are non-fashion-related.

TwinFan 07-29-2013 03:39 AM

I agree with the comments that I wish SOMEONE would come out and give us an answer. If Richie is gone from the band for good, oh well. He's acted like an idiot anyway. If he does come back to the band, cool. But I'm not gonna be bothered either way. I just want to know one way or the other. That's not to say I don't WANT him back, but whatever happens, I'm fine with. This has gone on too long.