Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   11th April 2017 - Air Canada Centre, Toronto Night 2 Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69954)

nickolai 04-12-2017 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1223282)
He did it. HE F***ING DID IT!!!!!

How the hell is it possible that Jon can hit the notes on Always, but not on Who Says You Can't Go Home and Captain Crash? I have no idea. All I know is that Jon hasn't sounded this good on Always since April 2013.

Definitely some sort of pre recorded audio sample like they have for the high bit in Prayer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efpg0708 04-12-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1223289)
Definitely some sort of pre recorded audio sample like they have for the high bit in Prayer

I don't think so. Why would he use vocal tracks in which he sounds bad ??

nickolai 04-12-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1223290)
I don't think so. Why would he use vocal tracks in which he sounds bad ??

Only the bits where he hits the highs to make it sound more authentic. He's been doing it for a few years

efpg0708 04-12-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1223288)
The average casual fan/person could either only afford one night or only be able to attend one night so it's a no brainier for the set lists to be similar. The majority of BJ fans that attend these shows are not the type people on Jovitalk. More than likely the majority of people at these shows only go to one Jovi show when it rolls into their city.

And still he opens the show asking the audience if they were there the night before.

efpg0708 04-12-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1223291)
Only the bits where he hits the highs to make it sound more authentic. He's been doing it for a few years

He has been using this for Always ? What's your source ?

nickolai 04-12-2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1223292)
And still he opens the show asking the audience if they were there the night before.

Like he has done every time they have played back to back in the same city. Probably to gauge whether to change the set around much.

Walleris 04-12-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1223289)

Have you listened to the LA forum performance of Always? That pretty much squashes your theory as we had 3 Always performances this tour so far and they all had very different levels of Jon's vocals - Pretty good-terrible-OK, in that order.

bonjovi90 04-12-2017 10:32 AM

kleman 04-12-2017 10:50 AM

For me this is far best version of Always from this tour :cool:
Phil should do this ( second verse wanted) more often....he sound f.. awesome

Bounce7800 04-12-2017 11:33 AM

Ridiculous setlist. Mind boggling how all they changed was Raise Your Hands out, Always & Crash in.

They know that fans do multiple shows, especially at the same venue. I know the North American legs are generally static, but this one really takes the cake. I mean, why not rotate the THINFS shows ffs. Even just Devils for NYD. Even better slip Born Again Tomorrow & Labor Of Love in. Anyhing, even if all the other songs were the same, at least then if you did both shows you heard more of the new album.

I know Europe has been different historically, but this sort of bullshit has completely put me off doing multiple shows this tour.