Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Jacko set for o2 residency! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=47805)

zero_zero_UFO 03-13-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 911329)
I'm offering my entire Bon Jovi Bootleg Collection (98 DVDs) if anyone has Nights 1 & 50 (I'll pay for the tickets as well).

Wow wish i'd tried for some.

Good luck with finding them!

hackster73 03-14-2009 06:27 PM

I really can't see these shows being worth the trouble.

If he makes it through 5 shows and sings LIVE I will be very suprised, stupid ticket system, so many ticket touts and all.

Fair play to those who have got tickets, I am sure more will surface too.

I would rather see Faith No More at download to be honest, one of my FAV bands, reforming for this show:

Faith No More
Slipknot
Def Leppard
The Prodigy
Korn
Marilyn Manson
Whitesnake
Motley Crue
Limp Bizkit
Pendulum
Trivium
Killswitch Engage

JerseyboyUK 03-15-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 911524)
I would rather see Faith No More at download to be honest, one of my FAV bands, reforming for this show:

Faith No More
Slipknot
Def Leppard
The Prodigy
Korn
Marilyn Manson
Whitesnake
Motley Crue
Limp Bizkit
Pendulum
Trivium
Killswitch Engage

I've chose Sonisphere over Download this year coz i wanna see:

Metallica
Linkin Park
Nine Inch Nails(!!!!)
Avenged Sevenfold
The Sword
Machine Head
Mastodon
Alice In Chains
Lamb Of God
Killing Joke

JerseyboyUK 03-15-2009 09:08 PM

A question for Mo (or anyone else who knows):

What will the aftershows at indigo2 consist of?
The Prince aftershows i went to consisted of his live band doing a massive 2-3 hour set (rarities/covers/endless funk!) with the great man himself joining them for the full set at every aftershow where he didn't have a proper O2 performance the next day.
Now, im not expecting anything like that for MJ but i was just curious as to what the aftershows will be all about.

mo_rizwan 03-16-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK (Post 911632)
What will the aftershows at indigo2 consist of?

It will just be a party of non-stop MJ Music.

AEG & TicketMaster have confirmed that Michael will not be appearing at the After-Party.

Panda 03-16-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK (Post 911556)
I've chose Sonisphere over Download this year coz i wanna see:

Metallica
Linkin Park
Nine Inch Nails(!!!!)
Avenged Sevenfold
The Sword
Machine Head
Mastodon
Alice In Chains
Lamb Of God
Killing Joke

What absolute shite bands. The Sword and Lamb Of God both opened for Metalica when I saw them and they were both horrible. I could compare Lamb Of God to visiting the pound, and listening to all the dogs bark at you.

JerseyboyUK 03-16-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 911692)
What absolute shite bands. The Sword and Lamb Of God both opened for Metalica when I saw them and they were both horrible. I could compare Lamb Of God to visiting the pound, and listening to all the dogs bark at you.

In your opinion.

In my opinion they are ace. I've seen them all live before and really enjoyed them.
You've also bolded Machine Head, they are a great live band! A million times better than Metallica live (saw Metallica at Download 06 and they were really shit.)

Panda 03-16-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK (Post 911701)
In your opinion.

In my opinion they are ace. I've seen them all live before and really enjoyed them.
You've also bolded Machine Head, they are a great live band! A million times better than Metallica live (saw Metallica at Download 06 and they were really shit.)

I actually accidentally forgot to end the bold after The Sword. And you also saw Metallica when they were touring for the St Anger album.... of course they were going to be shit. When I saw them live a couple months ago, fortunately, not a single song from that record was played.

Crushgen24/88 03-16-2009 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 911703)
I actually accidentally forgot to end the bold after The Sword. And you also saw Metallica when they were touring for the St Anger album.... of course they were going to be shit. When I saw them live a couple months ago, fortunately, not a single song from that record was played.

'06 wasn't part of the touring for St. Anger. That was done by early '05. Download '06 was part of the "Escape from the Studio '06" mini-tour. Is it sad that I knew that off the top of my head, and I'm not even really a Metallica fan?

JerseyboyUK 03-16-2009 08:37 AM

As far as i remember, they didn't play anything off St Anger. They did play Master Of Puppets album in full but i've never been mad on it anyway.

I own a few albums but i've never considered myself a fan, but i adore the St Anger album. It's so raw and stripped and a lot of the time sounds more like a hardcore punk album (which is much more my kind of thing!). I really love it.
The only thing that lets it down is Lars, who has to be one of the most consistently shit drummers in rock and roll history.

Ok lets stop hijacking Mo's thread with Metallica talk :D