Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Feb 14, 2017 - USA - Tampa - Amalie Arena (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69858)

DryCounty 02-15-2017 03:48 AM

1. This House Is Not For Sale
2. Knockout
3. You Give Love A Bad Name
4. Born To Be My Baby
5. We Weren't Born To Follow
6. Lost Highway
7. Roller Coaster
8. Work For The Working Man
9. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
10. We Got It Goin' On
11. Who Says You Can't Go Home
12. It's My Life
13. We Don't Run
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Scars on This Guitar
16. The Devil's in the Temple

DestinationJovi 02-15-2017 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticooooooooooo (Post 1218376)
there are many things wrong with a copy and paste setlist. First of all- the reason why it wasn't a problem in the 80s is that he has limited material to draw from. 14 studio albums plus 100,000,000 bon jovi fans later and there's no more excuses. It's lazy. It's nothing to do with appeasing fans on social media- it's that he's got more albums, more songs and should be doing it. Secondly, back in the 80s, there wasn't much of a tradition among big acts to vary setlists- nowadays bruce springsteen makes 10-15 changes a night, pearl jam change most of their setlist- there is now a culture to vary setlists more than there was 20-30 years ago. Thirdly, both jbj and david have boasted that they've rehearsed 95 songs and you never hear the same show twice- if you're only going to make one change a night, say nothing- don't go on record and build fans expectations up. Fourthly, friday's show was in atlanta, sunday's in sunrise and tonight in tampa- there will be a reasonable amount of people who will be attending multiple shows because they are a (relatively speaking) stones throw away! My brother and sister travel up and down the country when he comes to england and are planning on doing both new york and toronto in april. Last time he came to england, they saw him in all 4 england shows and slane castle... I saw more songs in 2 bruce springsteen shows than they did in 5 bon jovi shows and it wasn't even that close. You need to cater to all your audience- the die hards and the casuals. Especially when you go on record saying you've rehearsed 95 songs.

BINGO!

You get it.

Kathleen 02-15-2017 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticooooooooooo (Post 1218376)
There are many things wrong with a copy and paste setlist. First of all- the reason why it wasn't a problem in the 80s is that he has limited material to draw from. 14 studio albums plus 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans later and there's no more excuses. It's lazy. It's nothing to do with appeasing fans on social media- it's that he's got more albums, more songs and should be doing it. Secondly, back in the 80s, there wasn't much of a tradition among big acts to vary setlists- nowadays Bruce Springsteen makes 10-15 changes a night, Pearl Jam change most of their setlist- there is now a culture to vary setlists more than there was 20-30 years ago. Thirdly, both JBJ and David have boasted that they've rehearsed 95 songs and you never hear the same show twice- if you're only going to make one change a night, say nothing- don't go on record and build fans expectations up. Fourthly, Friday's show was in Atlanta, Sunday's in Sunrise and tonight in Tampa- there will be a reasonable amount of people who will be attending multiple shows because they are a (relatively speaking) stones throw away! My brother and sister travel up and down the country when he comes to England and are planning on doing both New York and Toronto in April. Last time he came to England, they saw him in all 4 England shows and Slane Castle... I saw more songs in 2 Bruce Springsteen shows than they did in 5 Bon Jovi shows and it wasn't even that close. You need to cater to all your audience- the die hards and the casuals. Especially when you go on record saying you've rehearsed 95 songs.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have 3 shows this tour and I'm already regretting it.

DryCounty 02-15-2017 03:52 AM

2. Knockout
4. Born To Be My Baby
6. Lost Highway
7. Roller Coaster
10. We Got It Goin' On
12. It's My Life
13. We Don't Run
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Scars on This Guitar
17. Lay Your Hands On Me

I hope they change the encore at least to fit the day it is. Even Jon must realize that he has to play at least on big ballad tonight. Scars as the only ballad is not enough tonight.

_KaMi_ 02-15-2017 03:54 AM

https://www.facebook.com/GiMayen/vid...2441082962628/

DryCounty 02-15-2017 03:58 AM

2. Knockout
4. Born To Be My Baby
6. Lost Highway
7. Roller Coaster
10. We Got It Goin' On
12. It's My Life
13. We Don't Run
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Scars on This Guitar
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Blood on Blood

DryCounty 02-15-2017 04:05 AM

2. Knockout
4. Born To Be My Baby
6. Lost Highway
7. Roller Coaster
10. We Got It Goin' On
12. It's My Life
13. We Don't Run
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Scars on This Guitar
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Blood on Blood
19. Have a Nice Day
20. Bad Medicine
21. Keep the Faith

Captmorgs 02-15-2017 04:13 AM

Scrolling through the set list quickly, saw your user name Dry County, and freaked out for a minute. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DryCounty 02-15-2017 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1218393)
Scrolling through the set list quickly, saw your user name Dry County, and freaked out for a minute. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lucky thing we don't have users nicknamed Only Lonely, In and Out of Love, If I Was Your Mother then ;)

DryCounty 02-15-2017 04:26 AM

2. Knockout
4. Born To Be My Baby
6. Lost Highway
7. Roller Coaster
10. We Got It Goin' On
12. It's My Life
13. We Don't Run
14. God Bless This Mess
15. Scars on This Guitar
17. Lay Your Hands On Me
18. Blood on Blood
19. Have a Nice Day
20. Bad Medicine
21. Keep the Faith

So that's the main set. Now it's time to see if it's copy paste or if Jon has something extra planned for tonight.