Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official European 2019 tourdates (Check 1st post for updates) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70437)

PanosBonJovi 11-04-2018 06:55 PM

I believe that eventually Holland, Belgium & Romania will start selling. I don't know if Romanians are interested to Bon Jovi though as Metallica & Ed Sheeran will be there in the summer and competition is high nonetheless.

Metallica are already sold out (they sold out in few days since tickets where available) and Ed Sheeran is close to sold out as well

WhamATC 11-04-2018 07:54 PM

Does anyone know how reliable ViaGogo is? It would be really helpful if you told about your own experiences with them.

That announcement on BJ twitter about Europe 2019 dates made me think "That's just another announcement for the tour 2019, not tickets" even though they mentioned about it so I am 2 days late with only nosebleed seats or some floor ones on LiveNation (If reselling those on ViaGogo).

BJ tweet should have been more like "Tickets available for Europe tour 2019, Bon Jovi.com" that would made me actually look at it.

PanosBonJovi 11-04-2018 08:06 PM

Anyone else noticed that seated ticket costs 160 euro in Bucharest? :P Must be a bug probably

Bounce7800 11-04-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamATC (Post 1246865)
Does anyone know how reliable ViaGogo is? It would be really helpful if you told about your own experiences with them.

That announcement on BJ twitter about Europe 2019 dates made me think "That's just another announcement for the tour 2019, not tickets" even though they mentioned about it so I am 2 days late with only nosebleed seats or some floor ones on LiveNation (If reselling those on ViaGogo).

BJ tweet should have been more like "Tickets available for Europe tour 2019, Bon Jovi.com" that would made me actually look at it.

They're a secondary ticket reseller much like get me in and stub hub. You'll be paying a premium and above face value. Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole and think you'll be much better off just keeping an eye on the official outlets. More tickets will be available. If not, try Twickets as they will be resellers at face value or lower.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-04-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1246866)
Anyone else noticed that seated ticket costs 160 euro in Bucharest? :P Must be a bug probably

what, that page is so wrong... I told ya
but at least the page is back now, this crazy page is so annoying that probably I’m gonna go to that show lol

PanosBonJovi 11-04-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246868)
what, that page is so wrong... I told ya
but at least the page is back now, this crazy page is so annoying that probably I’m gonna go to that show lol

There are plenty tickets as of now, you should do that, Bucharest is one of the cheapest EU cities, will be a good show. Stands started selling tickets as there are way less seats available now since the last time I checked.

Ed Sheeran & Metallica has put a strong competition against a band in a country where the locals financially struggle, I'm sure it will be an amazing show like the one in 2011, though I wasn't attending back then the Romanian show

Bonandy 11-04-2018 10:36 PM

Munich standing tickets are sold out.

bonjovi90 11-04-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonandy (Post 1246872)
Munich standing tickets are sold out.

Only on Eventim, the local ticket site in Munich still has them.

steel_horse75 11-05-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamATC (Post 1246865)

Here is an example....

On Wednesday in the O2 pre-sale I couldnt get any Wembley seats in a decent place - I was only offered the back.
I went on Viagogo to see what they had and they had the seats I wanted in block 144. I selected them and the cost was £450 EACH and that was without the crazy booking fees and admin charges.
If you want to pay silly money there are loads on there.

PanosBonJovi 11-05-2018 11:47 AM

D&D East in Romania announced The Cure the next day after the Bon Jovi concert at Piata Constitutiei

bouncer68 11-05-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1246831)
Does anyone know if Dublin is on O2 priority? Can’t seem to find it. Any other resale before general?

I've also been trying to get a presale code without much success. I was awaiting one from MCD as well but nothing yet and presale is tomorrow! This happens every time I try to get their tickets even though I've been going to the concerts since 80's...

Jonty 11-05-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouncer68 (Post 1246900)
I've also been trying to get a presale code without much success. I was awaiting one from MCD as well but nothing yet and presale is tomorrow! This happens every time I try to get their tickets even though I've been going to the concerts since 80's...

Yep, i am signed up to MCD, nothing from them.

Bounce7800 11-05-2018 02:37 PM

https://mcd.ie/mcd-presale-bon-jovi/

Looks like its too late for the MCD one, they send their codes out today by 10pm.

Walleris 11-05-2018 02:58 PM

Looks like Ticketmaster UK has NO tickets left for Wemley, standing or seating. Say what you want, but that's quite impressive when you consider certain factors going against them (no Richie, Jon's voice, commercially lackluster album that's already 2 years old, the sluggish sales in 2008-2013). Who knew that giving a few years rest to a previously-saturated market would do wonders :rolleyes:

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1246870)
you should do that

with all your posts you’re basically telling me to go
to Romania for a Bon Jovi show
to Spain for the JBJ cruise
and to Greece for vacations
not a bad idea, at all >_< jaja

Jonty 11-05-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1246902)
https://mcd.ie/mcd-presale-bon-jovi/

Looks like its too late for the MCD one, they send their codes out today by 10pm.

Thats the thing, I have been signed up for years and got nothing!

Chris_Newton 11-05-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1246903)
Looks like Ticketmaster UK has NO tickets left for Wemley, standing or seating. Say what you want, but that's quite impressive when you consider certain factors going against them (no Richie, Jon's voice, commercially lackluster album that's already 2 years old, the sluggish sales in 2008-2013). Who knew that giving a few years rest to a previously-saturated market would do wonders :rolleyes:

So has Wembley actually sold out?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

nikos greece 11-05-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1246914)

my guess is there are only seats left on the nosebleed sections and perhaps some super expenisve packages...i want to be noted that i first here said it will be sold out and a second date will happen. (even if this would mean 3 shows in 3 days):D:D

Thierry 11-05-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1246914)

Seetickets has a few tickets left. But not much.

james_d 11-05-2018 08:44 PM

Considering many here are expecting very poor sales in the UK this is quite impressive

rokenrola 11-05-2018 08:55 PM

This tour will be better in attendance than BWC tour and they will doing fine,only Holland and Belgium are and they need to replace those countries with others-Italy or Portugal or Greece or Serbia.

PanosBonJovi 11-05-2018 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1246924)
This tour will be better in attendance than BWC tour and they will doing fine,only Holland and Belgium are and they need to replace those countries with others-Italy or Portugal or Greece or Serbia.

Indeed, Holland & Belgium are close to each other and there's always Germany and Scandinavia nearby.

rokenrola 11-05-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1246926)
Indeed, Holland & Belgium are close to each other and there's always Germany and Scandinavia nearby.

Beside that they are never been so popular there like in other countries and places they never been before,also in France they are not so popular.
They need to visit Hungary, Serbia or Croatia on Balkan or go to Greece and Turkey.

WhamATC 11-05-2018 09:24 PM

It would actually be very good if the one here in Stockholm doesn't get sold out, atleast a few seats left.

phoenixy 11-05-2018 10:36 PM

I couldn't decide between Bucharest and Vienna.
I wanted to go Bucharest, because it's the last show and it's cheaper.
But after seeing Vienna almost sold out, I quickly bought a Golden Circle 2 ticket. No idea why, haha :D.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-06-2018 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenixy (Post 1246942)
But after seeing Vienna almost sold out, I quickly bought a Golden Circle 2 ticket. No idea why, haha :D.

lol, Do I know you? You are S...?
Somehow I think I know a lot of Bon Jovi fans but I'm not sure

fairtex444 11-06-2018 06:08 AM

So...what do you think? Are we getting a second night at Wembley or nah?

Supersonic 11-06-2018 07:07 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1246926)

Scandinavia is close? It takes at least 1 day to get to Scandinavia by car. How is that in any way close? The same with Germany, it's not as if you just hop in your car and get to Germany for most people in Holland or Belgium. Besides, not many are open to the idea of travelling to another country to go see a show. Of the 40.000 tickets the band would sell maybe 1.000 would be willing to travel to another place which in the end has little impact on how many tickets get sold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rokenrola (Post 1246928)
Beside that they are never been so popular there like in other countries and places they never been before,also in France they are not so popular.
They need to visit Hungary, Serbia or Croatia on Balkan or go to Greece and Turkey.

Never been so popular? Erm, The Netherlands and Belgium used to be one of Bon Jovi's biggest markets. The last time Bon Jovi played Belgium they sold close to as many tickets as in Croatia, and that's with Belgium being saturated.

Compared to before most of Western Europe has just lost a lot of interest in Bon Jovi due to saturation and poor output in general. I'm sure sales will pick up eventually but to say the market wasn't big in a country where they used to be able to sell 40.000 tickets without a hitch sounds rather uninformed.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Bounce7800 11-06-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairtex444 (Post 1246957)
So...what do you think? Are we getting a second night at Wembley or nah?

The next 2 days have concerts already and there's plenty of other shows booked in there so I'd say no to Wembley specifically.

Jonty 11-06-2018 09:40 AM

So got the MCD code for Dublin last night, ended up deciding Gold Circle. Same price as seats halfway to three quarters way back which is all they kept offering, didn't want completely side on to teh stage due to the sound issues last time so out in front! But what a chore. Same as last time with Wembley. Saved card, address etc all in ticketmaster but refused to let it come up, kept asking for all the card details, put them in, can't use them as already stored. Ticketmaster really is a joke site which also needs sorted out just as much as the touts sites. Anyway, two shows to look forward to next year!

Now starts the set list speculation. Its been a while so I am happy to take anything, it will be mostly hits, doubt many rarities but there are so many they could play which would not kill Jon's voice but may kill the crowd. But if I had one request, do not play YGLABN anywhere in the first 3 songs! Maybe in the middle of the show or encore! Do something different!

james_d 11-06-2018 10:53 AM

I think YGLABN is forever a staple of the first 3 songs at this point. I don't really have much of a problem with that, it's one of the songs Jon is best at these days and it's a crowd staple. I'm hoping songs like Diamond Ring come up, nice any easy to sing and a rare one for the more serious fans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1246963)
So got the MCD code for Dublin last night, ended up deciding Gold Circle. Same price as seats halfway to three quarters way back which is all they kept offering, didn't want completely side on to teh stage due to the sound issues last time so out in front! But what a chore. Same as last time with Wembley. Saved card, address etc all in ticketmaster but refused to let it come up, kept asking for all the card details, put them in, can't use them as already stored. Ticketmaster really is a joke site which also needs sorted out just as much as the touts sites. Anyway, two shows to look forward to next year!

Now starts the set list speculation. Its been a while so I am happy to take anything, it will be mostly hits, doubt many rarities but there are so many they could play which would not kill Jon's voice but may kill the crowd. But if I had one request, do not play YGLABN anywhere in the first 3 songs! Maybe in the middle of the show or encore! Do something different!

Xavi 11-06-2018 11:49 AM

Madrid tickets bought
I will be very surprised if they manage to sold out here in Spain
Im not sure at all but I bet this are the most expensive tickets of the tour

rocker1981 11-06-2018 12:38 PM

I have got 2 Gold Circle Standing tickets for Anfield, so I'm happy with that, general admission standing appeared to have sold out by Friday evening.

A few thoughts on the notion that Bon Jovi aren't are popular was they used to be as a live act....

The tour does seem to be selling well with surprise coming from some, after much discussion concluding that they aren't as popular as they used to be. This was mostly based on the half empty standing areas at Villa Park and Manchester in 2013 and the embarrassing 'ladies night' groupon offers etc. The constant touring probably reduced sales a bit too.

However look at Bon Jovi at their peak...

1995 - Wembley x 3 (not all 100% sold out(see YouTube from the sat night)), Don Valley, Gateshead. Very,very strong support, promoting Crossroad at the time tickets went on sale - Peak UK Jovi!

1996 - MK x 2 (second night not 100% sold out) and Manchester Maine Road (sold out)

2000 - Wembley x 2 (second night not 100% sold out), Stoke (sold out) and Gateshead (not 100% sold out)

2001 - MK x 1, (not sold out or as full as 1996, tickets being sold on the day), Huddersfield (sold out), Cardiff.

1996-2001 tours had good support acts albeit not as strong as the 'Rock Festival' feeling of the '95 Thunder and Van Halen Support.

If it sells out, the 2019 tour won't be all that different in total sales to 1995, 1996, 2000 and 2001.

The issue in my opinion wasn't a massive drop in popularity as a live act, they just did far too many dates on the last tour, playing Birmingham and Manchester in huge stadiums on back to back nights (as well as Sunderland in the North which wasn't a sell out), just ended in low sales for both shows.

skogs 11-06-2018 01:59 PM

Got Gold Circle tickets for Dublin with the MCD presale this morning. €116 each - much cheaper than the €173 I paid for Liverpool!! Looking forward to next June now.

Walkerboy 11-06-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1246916)
my guess is there are only seats left on the nosebleed sections and perhaps some super expenisve packages...i want to be noted that i first here said it will be sold out and a second date will happen. (even if this would mean 3 shows in 3 days):D:D

But did 80,000 tickets even go on sale?
For all we know they put 50,000 on sale now and will release the other 30,000 after Xmas.

As for second date... not gonna happen, unless it's at a completely different venue.

Third thought - how many people have bought tickets to stick on the resale market??!! I'd wager 20%+ is on the likes of Viagogo, GetMeIn and so on, with few people realising some of those sites are going to close down before the gig takes place.

It will be a sell out at Wembley, but it won't be full on the night.

This is the first tour I haven't bought for since 1996.

Dave88 11-06-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1246968)
Madrid tickets bought
I will be very surprised if they manage to sold out here in Spain
Im not sure at all but I bet this are the most expensive tickets of the tour

Holy sh*t 180€ for a GC, and that's without taxes and postage. And I thought my Wembley GC at 165€ was expensive [emoji23]

Almost seems like they want to get their money back from the 2013 "free" show...

steel_horse75 11-06-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocker1981 (Post 1246970)
I have got 2 Gold Circle Standing tickets for Anfield, so I'm happy with that, general admission standing appeared to have sold out by Friday evening.

A few thoughts on the notion that Bon Jovi aren't are popular was they used to be as a live act....

The tour does seem to be selling well with surprise coming from some, after much discussion concluding that they aren't as popular as they used to be. This was mostly based on the half empty standing areas at Villa Park and Manchester in 2013 and the embarrassing 'ladies night' groupon offers etc. The constant touring probably reduced sales a bit too.

However look at Bon Jovi at their peak...

1995 - Wembley x 3 (not all 100% sold out(see YouTube from the sat night)), Don Valley, Gateshead. Very,very strong support, promoting Crossroad at the time tickets went on sale - Peak UK Jovi!

1996 - MK x 2 (second night not 100% sold out) and Manchester Maine Road (sold out)

2000 - Wembley x 2 (second night not 100% sold out), Stoke (sold out) and Gateshead (not 100% sold out)

2001 - MK x 1, (not sold out or as full as 1996, tickets being sold on the day), Huddersfield (sold out), Cardiff.

1996-2001 tours had good support acts albeit not as strong as the 'Rock Festival' feeling of the '95 Thunder and Van Halen Support.

If it sells out, the 2019 tour won't be all that different in total sales to 1995, 1996, 2000 and 2001.

The issue in my opinion wasn't a massive drop in popularity as a live act, they just did far too many dates on the last tour, playing Birmingham and Manchester in huge stadiums on back to back nights (as well as Sunderland in the North which wasn't a sell out), just ended in low sales for both shows.

Between 2003 and 2013 The UK saw way too many Bon Jovi tours.
The LH, Circle and WAN were so close together it was silly.
Also the egotistical 10 nights at the O2 that were far from sold out.
I went to the 2nd night and was offered tickets for every other night for £20 - so I went on the 8th night.

Bounce7800 11-06-2018 04:54 PM

It's a shame in a way that they might not need to do any promo to shift some tickets.

Would have been nice if they could have done the New Years Eve BBC concert, especially as they could open the 2nd part of the set after the fireworks with New Years Day.

rocker1981 11-06-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1247005)
Between 2003 and 2013 The UK saw way too many Bon Jovi tours.
The LH, Circle and WAN were so close together it was silly.
Also the egotistical 10 nights at the O2 that were far from sold out.
I went to the 2nd night and was offered tickets for every other night for £20 - so I went on the 8th night.

Fair comments.

It will be interesting to see how well Rioch sells. Still general admission standing available in the smallest of the 3 venues. That said it's a very long time until next June!

History suggests that the smallest of the venues in the UK gets a couple of songs less on the set list. Albeit Huddersfield in 2001 was an unbelievable performance!

phoenixy 11-06-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246954)
lol, Do I know you? You are S...?
Somehow I think I know a lot of Bon Jovi fans but I'm not sure

No, you don't know me (unless you do). :)
This is the first time I'm going to a Bon Jovi concert, though I wanted to go to Vienna in 2008, 2011, 2013, but life always got in the way.