Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   THINFS Tour ProShots (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70382)

Rdkopper 01-17-2019 09:28 PM

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

james_d 01-17-2019 10:24 PM

I do find it interesting how Jon has to concentrate so much every in his middle range these days. It's almost as if he simply can't sing in a natural way anymore. At least with WWBTF he was keeping up with the song better, but I still have no desire to hear it at Wembley.

Rdkopper 01-18-2019 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1250174)
I do find it interesting how Jon has to concentrate so much every in his middle range these days. It's almost as if he simply can't sing in a natural way anymore. At least with WWBTF he was keeping up with the song better, but I still have no desire to hear it at Wembley.

I can't believe it was actually a single

YOVANAfromPeru 01-18-2019 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1250175)

We weren’t born to follow was the last and the 28th song of The Circle, The Circle album was released on November 10, 2009; November 9, 2009 (a day before the release) was the 20th Anniversary of the fall of Berlin Wall, JBJ wrote a letter to the German government, they heard the lyric and responded with an invitation to perform that one on that day...
He knows how to sell huh, however I remember more JBJ’s jacket than that presentation of that song.

Quote:

I still have no desire to hear it at Wembley.

No one have desire to hear that song

Rdkopper 01-18-2019 04:37 AM

Quote:

Jon's finding ways to suck the life out of all songs...

YOVANAfromPeru 01-18-2019 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250176)
He knows how to sell huh, however I remember more JBJ’s jacket than that presentation of that song.

just in case, I meant his jacket was wrong... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-o9...ature=youtu.be
speaking of clothes and how to sell... https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status...78549415489536

BJFan99 01-18-2019 07:12 AM

Quote:

His middle range has suffered the most, I think. His high register actually still has some power (albeit inconsistent) and his low register still sounds pretty much the same as always (apart from the verses of Roller Coaster), but in his middle range there's this f*cking annoying whispery/clipped/hoarse tone that from time to time makes me want to bang my head on the wall. Also, his pitch control seems to be the worst around the middle range - just compare something like Who Says or Because We Can, where he basically can't hit a single note, to Bed Of Roses or Blood On Blood. It's weird, but understandable due to the 120% effort which is the only way Jon can sing anything anymore.

bonjovi90 01-18-2019 03:13 PM

As some have speculated here already, I also think that Jon had something done to his voice between 2014 and 2015 that didn't bring the effect he wanted to achieve and, in fact, might've backfired on him.
The interesting thing is that, as I went to see KISS two years ago with my dad, I searched the web about Paul Stanley's vocal problems. And there was an interview in 2011 where he stated that he underwent vocal surgery to have a few minor problems fixed. Since then, his voice sounds horrendous live and in fact, there are similar issues to be noticed. His vocals go out or get completely hoarse in certain ranges preferrably, he struggles for proper pronounciation and has noticeable breathing problems while singing.
My guess would be that Jon might've had a similar procedure done since his voice has also alienated a lot since then and he obviously has to re-learn how to sing the songs.

bonjovi90 01-18-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1250175)

While I don't like the song too much (though that acoustic rendition in 2009 was really great), I never regarded it as bad as Because We Can. That one was truly a horrendous single.

liljovi93 01-18-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1250101)
Don't be so over dramatic...

When his voice was shot during its prime it was a different type of shot because he still had power...

Something happened between 2014 and 2015 that is really somewhat a mystery because it really happened overnight.

I just listened to that solo show he did in Red Bank during '14 (when he sang American Pie) and his voice was still very enjoyable... and then during that Asia tour in 2015 his voice was gone...

Some say he blew a chord, some say his breathing is off, some say years of abuse, some say smoking and some say all the above...But you're right, his voice is shot beyond repair... However unlike guys like Paul Stanley or Vice Neil, Jon cares way too much and works way too hard to let himself go to shit. I really believe Jon continues to try to relearn his songs again with his current voice... it might never be the same but he will go on till the end...

Not only that, but he looks ****ing great on that show too. He actually pulls the grey hair off at that show, in my opinion. I don't want to make this another hair thread either. Just think it's one of a few times I've liked the look of grey.

His voice is decent on that show too, though. I can't believe how quickly it's deteriorated. The performance of WWBTF is absolutely diabolic and I wouldn't recommend anyone to listen to it. The song is shit anyway but that performance has made it even worse.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 01-19-2019 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1250186)
While I don't like the song too much (though that acoustic rendition in 2009 was really great), I never regarded it as bad as Because We Can. That one was truly a horrendous single.

All the fans waiting for the premiere of the single on that radio... and then WWBTF >_<, and the same thing with BWC only that this time was even worse...

jon-flp 01-24-2019 08:53 PM

Have a nice Day from Sydney is on!

YOVANAfromPeru 01-24-2019 09:15 PM

To me Shanks sounds better than Phil X.

liljovi93 01-24-2019 09:22 PM

I actually enjoyed the performance. Vocally not fantastic but stage and sound was brilliant. Made me laugh how you couldn't hear the crowd sing back when Jon held mic up though.

Supersonic 01-24-2019 09:27 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1250292)
I actually enjoyed the performance. Vocally not fantastic but stage and sound was brilliant. Made me laugh how you couldn't hear the crowd sing back when Jon held mic up though.

I've absolutely no idea why they do that. It's been a running theme throughout pretty much every professionally recorded Bon Jovi show in their entire career. Almost every single time they mix down the crowd all the way to the back of a recording and release a rather dry mix of the live performance stripped from all its ambience. I don't understand why they do it, part of a Bon Jovi experience is being in the crowd and hearing an entire audience sing along yet its rarely present on official recordings.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

kleman 01-25-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1250293)
Aloha !

I've absolutely no idea why they do that. It's been a running theme throughout pretty much every professionally recorded Bon Jovi show in their entire career. Almost every single time they mix down the crowd all the way to the back of a recording and release a rather dry mix of the live performance stripped from all its ambience. I don't understand why they do it, part of a Bon Jovi experience is being in the crowd and hearing an entire audience sing along yet its rarely present on official recordings.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Work of our master Obie ? :)

james_d 01-25-2019 08:56 AM

I certainly enjoyed this far more than I should've done. The first verse is always rough these days, but the energy was good and its one of the songs where Phil, and to a point jon, have a lot of energy

BJFan99 01-26-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1250288)

You know it's a sad day when not even that insane amount of autotune can save that vocal performance (either) from being a complete train wreck. I'm actually starting to regret buying tickets to the Tallinn show...

And why the hell are they suddenly releasing so many of these abysmal performances when they must have dozens - if not hundreds - of rare, honestly good gigs in the archive?

Thierry 01-26-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1250347)
You know it's a sad day when not even that insane amount of autotune can save that vocal performance (either) from being a complete train wreck. I'm actually starting to regret buying tickets to the Tallinn show...

And why the hell are they suddenly releasing so many of these abysmal performances when they must have dozens, if not hundreds, of rare gigs in the archive?

At this point I think Jon’s guitar playing is better than his singing.

BJFan99 01-26-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1250348)
At this point I think Jon’s guitar playing is better than his singing.

Sad but true.

Either way, nowadays Jon sucks both as a singer and a guitar player.

YOVANAfromPeru 01-26-2019 04:35 PM

I LOVE the song but JBJ’s performance was indeed very weak...

Like I said before, from Tokyo I would like they to post these: We Don't Run, Keep the Faith and I'll Be There For You.

BJFan99 01-27-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1250351)
I LOVE the song but JBJ’s performance was indeed very weak...

Like I said before, from Tokyo I would like they to post these: We Don't Run, Keep the Faith and I'll Be There For You.

I don't think they will post KTF and IBTFY again after recently giving us the Philly performances of those songs.

WhamATC 01-27-2019 08:24 PM

Jon is actually pretty good at rhythm guitar playing..

YOVANAfromPeru 01-27-2019 11:17 PM

1. If they aren't repeating songs I certainly don’t want any Captain Crash.
2. From Osaka/Melbourne I would like Knockout with the outro.
3. However, I would like to hear that "at least While I'm alive" at the end of It's My Life IIRC from Sydney.

james_d 02-08-2019 06:38 PM

Captain Crash from Sydney just went up. More proof if its needed that Jon's middle range doesn't really exist anymore.

liljovi93 02-08-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1250778)
Captain Crash from Sydney just went up. More proof if its needed that Jon's middle range doesn't really exist anymore.

Honestly, the worst I have EVER heard Jon. The first verse instantly made me cringe like mad and then it hardly got better. The last minute was quite enjoyable but vocally, it was an absolute disaster. His voice is absolutely ****ED.

angelsambo 02-09-2019 03:50 AM

Captain Crash - 2018 This House Is Not For Sale Tour (Sydney, AU)

unlistenable

Butters 02-10-2019 12:57 AM

The poor guy. It must be absolutely awful for him to have lost his voice like this.

Kathleen 02-10-2019 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1250833)
The poor guy. It must be absolutely awful for him to have lost his voice like this.

I have had this same thought many times - it really has to suck :(

BJFan99 02-10-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1250812)

Captain Crash - 2018 This House Is Not For Sale Tour (Sydney, AU) - YouTube

unlistenable

"Unlistenable" is an understatement. This is truly a real-life nightmare.

Poor Jon, indeed. I wish he'd finally realize it's time to quit.

steel_horse75 02-10-2019 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1250849)
"Unlistenable" is an understatement. This is truly a real-life nightmare.

I hated this song even when he could sing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 02-10-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1250812)

Captain Crash - 2018 This House Is Not For Sale Tour (Sydney, AU) - YouTube

Who picks the videos?? Worst video Ever.

bonjovi90 02-10-2019 10:31 PM

I also don't get why they post these songs online then? Of course his voice is shot, but is the whole Bon Jovi camp so delussional that they even upload videos where he obviously struggles most at (Who Says, Captain Crash) without noticing how bad that is?
At the time when the band was great and Youtube was around, we basically got nothing. And now the shit hits the fan about every second week...

james_d 02-10-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1250855)
I also don't get why they post these songs online then? Of course his voice is shot, but is the whole Bon Jovi camp so delussional that they even upload videos where he obviously struggles most at (Who Says, Captain Crash) without noticing how bad that is?
At the time when the band was great and Youtube was around, we basically got nothing. And now the shit hits the fan about every second week...

They could at least do some of the better performances (within context). HAND was at least fairly energetic, but apart from the last minute of this was dreadful.

BJFan99 02-11-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1250851)
I hated this song even when he could sing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not alone...

EDIT: My 900th post, whoo! :D

Walleris 02-11-2019 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJFan99 (Post 1250849)

He won't quit. He's a fighter (though not a boxer by trade).

But hey, he's not "fat Elvis". From what I've seen on YouTube, fat Elvis could still sing.

JackieBlue 02-11-2019 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1250866)
He won't quit. He's a fighter (though not a boxer by trade).

But hey, he's not "fat Elvis". From what I've seen on YouTube, fat Elvis could still sing.

From what I saw live, "fat Elvis" could still sing. Those were the days...:D
(And I probably paid $10, if that, for the ticket.)

BJFan99 02-11-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1250855)

We did get some songs from the O2 run back in 2010, but I wish we would've gotten something from the 2011 tour as well (in addition to the bad quality Lisbon stream and the London clips) - Barcelona, anyone?

YOVANAfromPeru 02-21-2019 08:08 PM

Finally WE. Don't. Run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEdK...ature=youtu.be

Like!!!

james_d 02-21-2019 08:27 PM

Good song, good performance. Hope to hear it at Wembley