Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Lak 06-30-2014 11:50 PM

Just listening on spotify now. Liked the acoustic version of Born to Be My Baby. Interesting cause i once remember reading Desmond Child saying that after he (yes he) had written it that it was a a delicate ballad which would have been a mega smash but that the band had ruined it by speeding it up and applying a livin on a prayer like production on it. So perhaps this version is how Desmond intended or closer to it. Personally I'm glad they sped it up though,the original is one of my favourite jovi songs.

So glad the band have finally done this release never thought they'd do it but they really should have done it many many years ago, like mid 90s!, then I think it would have sold much more.

What is the booklet like? I may have to buy this release eventually. First time i've posted on this board for years - this is an exciting event for me!

ezearis 07-01-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lak (Post 1179600)
Just listening on spotify now. Liked the acoustic version of Born to Be My Baby. Interesting cause i once remember reading Desmond Child saying that after he (yes he) had written it that it was a a delicate ballad which would have been a mega smash but that the band had ruined it by speeding it up and applying a livin on a prayer like production on it. So perhaps this version is how Desmond intended or closer to it. Personally I'm glad they sped it up though,the original is one of my favourite jovi songs.

So glad the band have finally done this release never thought they'd do it but they really should have done it many many years ago, like mid 90s!, then I think it would have sold much more.

What is the booklet like? I may have to buy this release eventually. First time i've posted on this board for years - this is an exciting event for me!

Wasn't Jon the one who said that if they released the acoustic version it would have been #1 but someone (don't remember if Bob Rock) wanted another rock song?

Bounce7800 07-01-2014 09:38 AM

The picture from the booklet I posted on the last page says that Jon preferred that version of the song

faith1985 07-01-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1179619)
The picture from the booklet I posted on the last page says that Jon preferred that version of the song

Understandable

Raz0r 07-01-2014 02:40 PM

I actually didn't care that much for the acoustic version, very much prefer the original. Loved the Thin Lizzy cover, it made me want to listen to Def Leppard’s Yeah! Again.

Does Anyone Really Fall In Love Anymore seems so incomplete without the “I know’s”, I finally get why folks were complaining. Still, I very much enjoyed my first listen this morning. 

Raz0r 07-01-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1179584)
Got home to pick up my copy, impressed with the booklet.

This bit is interesting:

(Link as its huge, spot my lovely shirt)
http://i.imgur.com/Fb4To6z.jpg

Dam, that booklet does look awesome. I'm a little bummed there wasn't a digital booklet with the iTunes download. :-(

pudge104 07-01-2014 04:42 PM

Has anyone in the US found a store that is carrying the 3 disc version? It doesn't appear that my Best Buy has it :(.

Rdkopper 07-01-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1179625)
Dam, that booklet does look awesome. I'm a little bummed there wasn't a digital booklet with the iTunes download. :-(

The booklet is the incentive to purchase the CD. If there was a digital booklet, it would be flying all over the internet and no one would buy it.

Keep in mind, most people don't scan them either because bending the pages could risk ruining it.

Rdkopper 07-01-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pudge104 (Post 1179628)
Has anyone in the US found a store that is carrying the 3 disc version? It doesn't appear that my Best Buy has it :(.

Dude, I'm struggling myself here. I didn't realize that.

I purposely didn't get it on Amazon becasue they jack the prices up. You usually find a store that offers it at a sale price within a first week of release. This sucks. I might not have a choice but to order it.

You could get it on Best Buys website for a couple dollars less. Like 2 bucks.

pudge104 07-01-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179630)
Dude, I'm struggling myself here. I didn't realize that.

I purposely didn't get it on Amazon becasue they jack the prices up. You usually find a store that offers it at a sale price within a first week of release. This sucks. I might not have a choice but to order it.

You could get it on Best Buys website for a couple dollars less. Like 2 bucks.

I didn't want to order it either. I used to love getting physical music the day of release in the store, I don't do that much anymore, was very much looking forward to this. I'll hunt around after work, but I'm thinking I'll have to eventually order it later today.