Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

RSROCKS 05-15-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1129514)
Wow, thanks to ALL of you who replied to me!

Can I throw a guess in here? Could it be maybe he was just referring to the ever present "they have played 3,000 shows in front of 130 million fans in 52 countries, yadda yadda" slogan and not the actual tour they were on?

Probably not since he usually says something like 'we played 52 countries on our last tour..."

jessycardy 05-15-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 1129518)
Probably not since he usually says something like 'we played 52 countries on our last tour..."

Oh... guess not then! :D

jovifan93 05-15-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1129521)
Oh... guess not then! :D

Nobody's perfect, not even our so beloved Richie ;-)

rolo_tomachi 05-15-2013 04:24 PM

Mtv Icons.

2700 shows???

steel_horse75 05-15-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1129508)
What insinuate?, Doing This took me 20 minutes.
You have a more of time than me on your hands Every day though.

You bore me with your pictures.

CKatz 05-15-2013 04:36 PM

I like Rolo's pictures. They're hilarious.

samboraisgodUK 05-15-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1129524)
Nobody's perfect, not even our so beloved Richie ;-)

HOW DARE YOU?!

jovifan93 05-15-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1129530)
HOW DARE YOU?!

I don't know, I really don't know what got hold of me there, I'm sooooo sorry :-D

CKatz 05-15-2013 05:18 PM

Jon is doing a lot of press today. This is what he said in a radio interview:

@CarolynG1969: "Richie question now....... Jon cant confirm when he will be back but he will always be welcome @bonjovi

CKatz 05-15-2013 05:52 PM

Link to the interview:
http://m.soundcloud.com/coolfm/jon-b...medium=twitter

MellyMel 05-15-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1129542)

The way Jon speaks of Richie in this doesn't leave me feeling confident of his return.

muziektaal 05-15-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1129542)

That sounds bad to me. :(

rolo_tomachi 05-15-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1129528)

I see you have lost the sense of humor.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4...ebowskifly.gif

Beaky 05-15-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muziektaal (Post 1129547)

Wow... you're not kidding.

CKatz 05-15-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyMel (Post 1129546)
The way Jon speaks of Richie in this doesn't leave me feeling confident of his return.

That's exactly what I thought. I think they broke up and none of them have the guts to admit it... But it sounds like Jon hopes Richie will change his mind and come back

RonJovi 05-15-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muziektaal (Post 1129547)

Me too...sounds like Richie has opted out to be a full time dad or something. Odd to say the least.

Also had to laugh at Jon saying that he doesn't write songs just to chase hits. What in the name of God were Everyday and We Weren't Born to Follow then?

muziektaal 05-15-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1129550)
Wow... you're not kidding.

Sorry, I didn't get what you mean... :rolleyes:

ben 05-15-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellyMel (Post 1129546)

I have the same feeling:(
I'm sure he knows though.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-15-2013 06:28 PM

That interview was a my local station and I didn't even know about it!

Decent interview, standard enough questions but Pete Snodden is a cool guy, met him many times and he is a genuine fan.. feedback on twitter was that Jon ''was a true gent'' :/

He does put on a good PR front when he needs to..but yes, a lot of those answers he gave were pretty bullshit. Not 'chasing hits' eh? HA

http://m.soundcloud.com/coolfm/jon-b...medium=twitter

Andi

nrm123 05-15-2013 06:32 PM

He hasnt been fired, hes not ill...but he doesnt state that he hasnt quit :(

heart&dagger 05-15-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1129491)

Love this, extremely well done!!!

Best laugh of the day for me.

TY :)s

ben 05-15-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1129559)
He hasnt been fired, hes not ill...but he doesnt state that he hasnt quit :(

yeah my thought exactly, I think Richie won't be back, he's quit maybe??
and did you notice that long pause before he answered the question?
sad news, very bitter for me :(

Panda 05-15-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

I think you're just jealous.

idbl_fanatic 05-15-2013 07:05 PM

I can't see the darn interview, any upload to youtube?

RonJovi 05-15-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Enjoy a lot of your posts but think this is a bit unfair on Rolo.

Crushgen24/88 05-15-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1129535)
Jon is doing a lot of press today. This is what he said in a radio interview:

@CarolynG1969: "Richie question now....... Jon cant confirm when he will be back but he will always be welcome @bonjovi

On the surface that doesn't sound all that promising, however it's also a way of covering their asses. With the shape Jon's vocals are in, I would have to believe that the organization wants Richie back for the big gigs (Slane, IOW, Hyde Park) even more now, but to have Richie pop back I'm in mid-June would be a slap to the people who went to Richie-less shows, so saying "we don't know when he'll be back" covers them. Just a thought.

Crushgen24/88 05-15-2013 07:35 PM

Also, following Ava's tweets is still creepy as hell IMO. And don't give me the "she could make her Twitter private" argument. Even though I think she should, that doesn't make it okay to read into everything a teenage girl says trying to equate it to her dad.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-15-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1129565)
I can't see the darn interview, any upload to youtube?

Here is the link, for the 3rd time in 2 pages.. ;) http://m.soundcloud.com/coolfm/jon-b...medium=twitter

RonJovi 05-15-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1129577)
Also, following Ava's tweets is still creepy as hell IMO. And don't give me the "she could make her Twitter private" argument. Even though I think she should, that doesn't make it okay to read into everything a teenage girl says trying to equate it to her dad.

Agree 200%, she's a 15 year old kid FFS. Adults following a kid to find out something about her dad is creepy and pathetic.

steel_horse75 05-15-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1129566)
Enjoy a lot of your posts but think this is a bit unfair on Rolo.

Yeah apologies. I had a horrid day at work.
Sorry all and especially rolo!

choclady 05-15-2013 08:27 PM

maybe we should all go watch this guy instead:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

:popcorn:

ezearis 05-15-2013 08:37 PM

I don't follow any famous people on Twitter as I honestly don't give a **** of lifes of people I don't know, but I don't see what's weird on following Ava. She's a public figure, and she could do her Twitter private if she wants to. The use of Kik and several social networks show up that she loves the attention, so it's not like he wants to die.

jessycardy 05-15-2013 08:41 PM

We do all realize we're not merely talking about the tour here anymore, right? Whatever the reason, matters, what have you, it's pretty clear from Jon's words it's the band itself we're talking about now.

CKatz 05-15-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1129600)
We do all realize we're not merely talking about the tour here anymore, right? Whatever the reason, matters, what have you, it's pretty clear from Jon's words it's the band itself we're talking about now.

Yep... Sad.

efiste2 05-15-2013 08:49 PM

When I click on the link

I just get a blank grey screen with some options at the top, No interview plays whatsoever :confused:

JoviJovi 05-15-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1129603)
When I click on the link

I just get a blank grey screen with some options at the top, No interview plays whatsoever :confused:

This is a mobile link. If you are not on a mobile device, take out the "m." at the beginning and it should work.

WillRunForChocolate 05-15-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1129600)

I must have the work ethic of Richie Sambora because I just listened to the interview at the office. Wow. I agree it's more serious than this leg of the tour or even this tour. I'm worried Richie may not return. That would be devastating.

efiste2 05-15-2013 09:36 PM

Thanks JOVIJOVI.....

I think JON has firmly put the ball into Richies court there. Firstly JON obviousley is reading from some sort of note as he says "we did not have a row" he says row (sounding RO), that points to me he is reading perhaps some bullet points to get across.
Richie is obviousley not coming back any time soon in my view, the comment "as long as he is up for it" speaks volumes, meaning that Samboras heart wasnt in it and he just didnt want to carry on "Putting an act on" so to speak, watch this clip of WATER at about 4:02 Richie is jamming away with his facial expressions and all of a sudden drops out of character very briefly and looks up, the drops back into his act.

The pause before answering indicates that he is both annoyed and tired of the subject, and added to that he mentions "thats not being evasive".

It hurts me to admit that Richie Sambora has left the building folks. but I still feel let down by him that he hasnt come out and said anything thats set in stone, personal issues are his private issues and I repect that but if he indeed has left/given up pretending he needs to come out and say what he is doing and why, then for me personally I can move on and accept the fact.......
I do however see it coming in the future.........."JON & RICHIE Back together for the first time in 5 years get your GC/DC/GA/VIP/FREE SILLY SPECIAL EDITION CARRIER BAG VIP BAR/MEET JONS SECOND COUSIN packages NOW!!!!" ;)

bjcrazycpa 05-15-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1129626)
Thanks JOVIJOVI.....

I think JON has firmly put the ball into Richies court there. Firstly JON obviousley is reading from some sort of note as he says "we did not have a row" he says row (sounding RO), that points to me he is reading perhaps some bullet points to get across.
Richie is obviousley not coming back any time soon in my view, the comment "as long as he is up for it" speaks volumes, meaning that Samboras heart wasnt in it and he just didnt want to carry on "Putting an act on" so to speak, watch this clip of WATER at about 4:02 Richie is jamming away with his facial expressions and all of a sudden drops out of character very briefly and looks up, the drops back into his act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Wpk4R53kk

The pause before answering indicates that he is both annoyed and tired of the subject, and added to that he mentions "thats not being evasive".

It hurts me to admit that Richie Sambora has left the building folks. but I still feel let down by him that he hasnt come out and said anything thats set in stone, personal issues are his private issues and I repect that but if he indeed has left/given up pretending he needs to come out and say what he is doing and why, then for me personally I can move on and accept the fact.......
I do however see it coming in the future.........."JON & RICHIE Back together for the first time in 5 years get your GC/DC/GA/VIP/FREE SILLY SPECIAL EDITION CARRIER BAG VIP BAR/MEET JONS SECOND COUSIN packages NOW!!!!" ;)

I haven't listened to the interview yet but I've been saying it's up to Richie. And that last part, while I shouldn't laugh, is really funny. I want my meet/greet with the 2nd cousin!!

jessycardy 05-15-2013 09:45 PM

So... with no body language to be read to interpret the secrets of Jon's dark soul, we're starting to read... the sound of the vowels now?

Sorry, just thought that was quite scary/funny in a way.