Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Dicanio 07-29-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1148547)
I have to step away from the Jovi stuff on Twitter, its making me seriously angry. Richie fangirls kissing his arse at every opportunity, Jon fangirls kissing his arse, both sides being anti the other, and all down to who they would rather **** in their dreams. It's bloody sad how 90% of these fans seem to not give a damn about the band or the music and no-one can view anything objectively. Its worse than dealing with a bunch of Belibers or One Direction fans, just totally myopic.

Richie tweeting all this crap about his old solo stuff, and then releasing this utter turd via Nikki is insulting. Bon Jovi is what got him where he was, for him to ignore that is equally insulting. Without them, no-one outside a small audience in Europe gives a shit about him or his music and fashion. Even less will care about his music after he has sacked off the band without explanation to produce crap that sounds like a 50 year old man pretending to be 20.

It's a shame that the fans are the ones to lose out in Richie's mid-life crisis, and even more of a shame that both sides couldn't act like adults and see out the tour for the paying public who put them where they are. Greedy, arguing old men is not a pretty sight.

Great post!!

SadieLady 07-29-2013 10:42 PM

JessyCardy: even though I used your post to response to the thread, I wasn't referring directly to you on all the points I mentioned. But all of these points have come up on this thread at various times. As I say, I hate the demonizing of women i.e. if anyone feels that Richie has gone off the rails, is too full of himself, is going to quit the band etc. it must be because of Nikki.

P.S. I am unable to PM you which is why I am responding this way. Otherwise, I would have preferred to address you privately. Thanks.

jessycardy 07-29-2013 10:54 PM

About an hour ago, Richie retweeted Nikki Lund's post with the link to the new song in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1148666)
JessyCardy: even though I used your post to response to the thread, I wasn't referring directly to you on all the points I mentioned. But all of these points have come up on this thread at various times. As I say, I hate the demonizing of women i.e. if anyone feels that Richie has gone off the rails, is too full of himself, is going to quit the band etc. it must be because of Nikki.

P.S. I am unable to PM you which is why I am responding this way. Otherwise, I would have preferred to address you privately. Thanks.

No problem, then. Still worth noting there are not necessarily static groups of people with the same fixed opinion, we probably all see this differently, even when we might agree on the larger picture.

DestinationJovi 07-30-2013 12:01 AM

I was just about to throw it out there that maybe Nikki was the one to introduce that song to world rather than Richie because of the possibility that he's not allowed to promote his own music while the band is touring but since he just retweeted it I guess that squashes that theory.

Either way I don't like her. I don't know how much or how little influence she has on Richie but I do not get a good vibe about her. Just my perception.

I also don't like the sudden twitter action by Richie. He was practically silent for 3 months and all of a sudden he's retweeting links and talking about old solo tracks but not mentioning the elephant in the room. I wish he'd just tell us what we all want to know once and for all.

Mysterytrain 07-30-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1148679)
I was just about to throw it out there that maybe Nikki was the one to introduce that song to world rather than Richie because of the possibility that he's not allowed to promote his own music while the band is touring but since he just retweeted it I guess that squashes that theory.

Either way I don't like her. I don't know how much or how little influence she has on Richie but I do not get a good vibe about her. Just my perception.

I also don't like the sudden twitter action by Richie. He was practically silent for 3 months and all of a sudden he's retweeting links and talking about old solo tracks but not mentioning the elephant in the room. I wish he'd just tell us what we all want to know once and for all.

Yeah, I agree that this sudden Twitter action from Richie is strange. I mean, it's one thing to post Tweets as he has in the past, but in the last few days, he's re-Tweeted and even commented to some fans, and seems to be fishing for compliments regarding the "Sambora Sunday" stuff that fans are posting. It's like he's suddenly trying to make up for lost time by doing all of this interaction. Or trying to prove something.

golittleperson 07-30-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148683)
Yeah, I agree that this sudden Twitter action from Richie is strange. I mean, it's one thing to post Tweets as he has in the past, but in the last few days, he's re-Tweeted and even commented to some fans, and seems to be fishing for compliments regarding the "Sambora Sunday" stuff that fans are posting. It's like he's suddenly trying to make up for lost time by doing all of this interaction. Or trying to prove something.

I don't think today was him. I've followed his tweets for long time, NEVER seen him on and not say something first. The new retweets this week end, he talked per sey, but today was odd. One fan RT, not the older stuff he had been RT, then of course RT Nikkis link to new song then Nikki was on ??
Making up for lost time possible up until today - Prove something?, don't know what as no matter what is does, someone is pissed. Wish I was psychic. Maybe one will come on the board.

Gabriel Shoes 07-30-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148573)
Just like CKatz, you are spot on, my friend :)

Thanks mate, I feel a bit disappointed that fans are handling this in a very immature way.

LeaJovi 07-30-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1148696)
Thanks mate, I feel a bit disappointed that fans are handling this in a very immature way.

What do u expect from people that are "fan" of a music band?

I don't think being a fan is something really mature people do. They might enjoy something, but to the extent of spending that much time following the band and posting on forums? Don't think so.

Gabriel Shoes 07-30-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148697)
What do u expect from people that are "fan" of a music band?

I don't think being a fan is something really mature people do. They might enjoy something, but to the extent of spending that much time following the band and posting on forums? Don't think so.

Dude, you've got understand that Richie is a human being just like you and me, now he has his pocket full of cash and he's been doing the same shit for nearly 30 years, said that he can do whatever comes to his mind right now, it's just really sad think that he'd limit his life just to please you.

It's simply not fair, and besides that right now I respect him so much more for having courage to break apart from playing safe with Bon Jovi and doing something that he really believes and enjoy.

jessycardy 07-30-2013 04:14 AM

Sean Borg tweeted:

"@TheRealSambora @1NikkiLund The buzz has begun! http://www.app.com/article/20130729/...-Come-Back-Me- …"

The link leads to what is possibly the first article about this new song by Richie.

I can almost see him jerking off in front of the computer in anticipation.

( https://twitter.com/SeanBorgLA/statu...24083392708609 )