Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

crashed 07-30-2013 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1148407)
Aloha !

Sssh I'm listening to Richie's new masterpiece. Don't talk through it or I won't understand and be able to appreciate the complex structures that have come from Nikki sucking him off all the time.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

This is genuinely the only thing to have made me laugh in this thread in awhile.

BMCGRATH64 07-30-2013 04:19 AM

I've been following this thread for months now and wanted to add my take on things:

I put myself in Richie's shoes. Been touring more or less non-stop for the last 13 years, and made how many millions of dollars? As an artist playing basically the same 25 songs night after night has to be boring. Richie has no "freedom" in Bon Jovi and has to stay within the framework of the songs and follow Jon's direction. He got a taste of the freedom during his short solo run. I think it basically comes down to he burned out and wanted a break. I don't think there was a fight or anything necessarily. He loved every second of his solo gig and looked pretty miserable on tour with the band. When he was on the hiatus between legs and went on trips with his family he said what the hell am I doing this for. He finally just said enough and that lands us where we are today. My hopes are that one day he will get that desire to come back and bring some new energy to this broken down machine. This band needs a long break for sure...

golittleperson 07-30-2013 04:19 AM

Last one today, I think. I've been reading and saw some things that just sum it up well. Look at all the posts here, twitter, topix and others I'm sure I don't read - every range of emotion from hate, anger, adoration, love, elation.... Why? People, many have 30 years, vested in this band or a member. It's tied to Our Lives and we are watching what could be the break down of something we Cherish and have no control. Honestly, what do we have, inuendos, scrutiny of every word or step the "other" side makes, gossip trash articles with "sources", few official facts, really feel left out and in the dark. Human reactions happen, right or wrong. Think about your own lives, ever watched and could do Nothing in a situation, maybe not your place but didn't stop you from caring or wishing you could. Ever cried or felt a loss when a celebrity, someone you never really met, died? You felt that connection to your life. Thats the fans. That's me.

As for me, I'd follow Richie to the bathroom, that's were some people think he is going anyway. He could sing the phone book and I'd listen but really wanted it all. Together and solo. I still feel there are people getting involved who should not be, hair on my neck stands up, gut reaction and it's almost alway right. Made it for me so worse. :sad:

Gabriel Shoes 07-30-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMCGRATH64 (Post 1148704)
I've been following this thread for months now and wanted to add my take on things:

I put myself in Richie's shoes. Been touring more or less non-stop for the last 13 years, and made how many millions of dollars? As an artist playing basically the same 25 songs night after night has to be boring. Richie has no "freedom" in Bon Jovi and has to stay within the framework of the songs and follow Jon's direction. He got a taste of the freedom during his short solo run. I think it basically comes down to he burned out and wanted a break. I don't think there was a fight or anything necessarily. He loved every second of his solo gig and looked pretty miserable on tour with the band. When he was on the hiatus between legs and went on trips with his family he said what the hell am I doing this for. He finally just said enough and that lands us where we are today. My hopes are that one day he will get that desire to come back and bring some new energy to this broken down machine. This band needs a long break for sure...

Exactly how I think.

LeaJovi 07-30-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1148701)
Dude, you've got understand that Richie is a human being just like you and me, now he has his pocket full of cash and he's been doing the same shit for nearly 30 years, said that he can do whatever comes to his mind right now, it's just really sad think that he'd limit his life just to please you.

It's simply not fair, and besides that right now I respect him so much more for having courage to break apart from playing safe with Bon Jovi and doing something that he really believes and enjoy.

Did you quote me by mistake? I don't know why you are saying this :confused:

Gabriel Shoes 07-30-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148709)
Did you quote me by mistake? I don't know why you are saying this :confused:

I don't know, I was just showing my point of view about that mature/immature thing. :lol:

Sorry if it was a misunderstanding.

Mysterytrain 07-30-2013 05:22 AM

Somebody should Tweet this to Richie....

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/t...or.single.html

:)

Javier 07-30-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148711)
Somebody should Tweet this to Richie....

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/t...or.single.html

:)

:lol: I resent that article... :p

TwinFan 07-30-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMCGRATH64 (Post 1148704)

That may be the case, but if so, why didn't he stick it out until the end of the tour and go from there? It would've been a hell of a lot more respectful way to go than this debacle. Instead, he's leaving his fans in the dark.

Who knows how he felt behind the scenes, but I genuinely believe that Richie looked the best/happiest early on this tour than he has in a few years.

nickolai 07-30-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1148715)
That may be the case, but if so, why didn't he stick it out until the end of the tour and go from there? It would've been a hell of a lot more respectful way to go than this debacle. Instead, he's leaving his fans in the dark.

Who knows how he felt behind the scenes, but I genuinely believe that Richie looked the best/happiest early on this tour than he has in a few years.

It's easy to put a smile on your face though. The above post is spot on and I think is probably near the mark. The way it was done, though, was inexcusable.