Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 03:07 PM

I don't quite understand all the anger and distrust of "sources".

Yes, some people make them up for attention - twitter, etc.

HOWEVER....if someone genuinely has a good source, or knows someone that does, it would be absolutely bonkers for that source to be revealed. That's the whole point.

Bounce7800 07-30-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148781)
I don't quite understand all the anger and distrust of "sources".

Yes, some people make them up for attention - twitter, etc.

HOWEVER....if someone genuinely has a good source, or knows someone that does, it would be absolutely bonkers for that source to be revealed. That's the whole point.

Because more often than not they turn out to be absolute bollocks. It's either people posting their thoughts or just joining the dots. It's getting worse than the football transfer window, there may well be some insider knowledge somewhere but you have to wade through an awful lot of bullshit to find it.

bjcrazycpa 07-30-2013 03:21 PM

All I'll say is that those that truly know what is going on aren't talking to fans or anyone else for that matter. There are lots of rumors, conjecture, etc running rampant everywhere so those that claim they have a source that knows someone that knows someone while I'm sure has no ill will is just repeating what really is just gossip.

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1148782)
Because more often than not they turn out to be absolute bollocks. It's either people posting their thoughts or just joining the dots. It's getting worse than the football transfer window, there may well be some insider knowledge somewhere but you have to wade through an awful lot of bullshit to find it.

Haha.

Absolutely - but then we're not exactly in a place that deals solely in official release info.
We can either choose to accept people "offering" potentially helpful source information and tolerate it for what it is, or we don't.

I'm sure we'd all rather hear the theories and decide for ourselves without getting stroppy about people having sources they can't quote?

golittleperson 07-30-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148733)
Does this sound like Phil's run with Bon Jovi is over now? Or am I reading too much into it?

@TheRealPhilX: a HUGE thanks to everyone for the awesome tweets, pic/vid posts, comments & so forth. you made my @BonJovi experience even more KICK ASS!

That's past tense. But, Phil has always been somewhat careful what he tweets, seems like a classy guy. Never responds when ask if he'll be somewhere but I would have used "make" if still going on. Could just be the break but we will see come Sept.

Beaky 07-30-2013 03:40 PM

I’ll just share what I’ve heard. Phil is not due to come back and as of today, there is no agreement in place to bring him back. What I have heard is that there are some upcoming dates he simply will not be able to make, for one reason or another. Richie’s Bon Jovi contract is up, hence the ‘new music’ making an appearance. So Bon Jovi are, as of this moment, without a guitarist.

No speculation in that, I am told. So make of it what you will.

golittleperson 07-30-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148778)
Just heard from someone who claims to know what's going on that Richie /was/ in New Jersey recently for a reason unrelated to the band, and he and Jon were supposed to hash things out while he was there, but that the meeting between them never happened.

The source claims that Jon is all raw nerves at the moment and is increasingly difficult to work with.

Apparently Richie was upset nothing was discussed while in Jersey so he flew back to L.A. and released the "Come Back As Me" song as his 'reaction' to the whole thing. It hadn't been planned, but he was pissed off so he decided to release it.

Don't know whether to believe this source, but it's a plausible scenario, and would explain Richie's previous Tweets about jetlag.

With all the pictures about that same day and even the next - it would have been a quick trip. When Richie posted about jetlag, Joe Roman replied with a you need to come on to the right time zone then, Joe was also sharing pics in UK and Greece, he was there then. 3 weeks in a 9 hour time zone diff. maybe it did take Richie a while to regroup his sleep pattern.

Sissy3 07-30-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148789)
I’ll just share what I’ve heard. Phil is not due to come back and as of today, there is no agreement in place to bring him back. What I have heard is that there are some upcoming dates he simply will not be able to make, for one reason or another. Richie’s Bon Jovi contract is up, hence the ‘new music’ making an appearance. So Bon Jovi are, as of this moment, without a guitarist.

Richie or not, I think people were speculating about Phil returning anyway since his baby is due in October. (Unless, of course, his wife schedules a C section around tour dates. ;))

TheseDaysEra 07-30-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148789)

what d'you mean 'without a guitarist' ? Have you all forgotten about Bobby ?! damn you people !!!

LeaJovi 07-30-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1148793)
what d'you mean 'without a guitarist' ? Have you all forgotten about Bobby ?! damn you people !!!

And Jon..

Ok I'll let myself out