Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

TwinFan 07-30-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148795)
And Jon..

Ok I'll let myself out

I'd much rather have Jon play lead guitar than Bobby.

Rickbro 07-30-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1148793)
what d'you mean 'without a guitarist' ? Have you all forgotten about Bobby ?! damn you people !!!

Bobby sux.

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1148796)
I'd much rather have Jon play lead guitar than Bobby.

That could be the least controversial thing ever said in this thread?? :)

What fool would disagree with that?!

(Oh dear, here it comes...)

steel_horse75 07-30-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148789)
I’ll just share what I’ve heard. Phil is not due to come back and as of today, there is no agreement in place to bring him back. What I have heard is that there are some upcoming dates he simply will not be able to make, for one reason or another. Richie’s Bon Jovi contract is up, hence the ‘new music’ making an appearance. So Bon Jovi are, as of this moment, without a guitarist.

No speculation in that, I am told. So make of it what you will.

30 year contract. Wow!

wichi850262 07-30-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1148788)
That's past tense. But, Phil has always been somewhat careful what he tweets, seems like a classy guy. Never responds when ask if he'll be somewhere but I would have used "make" if still going on. Could just be the break but we will see come Sept.

Maybe his contract is split up and this is the end of the European one. Maybe another contract will will drawn up for the next leg. What he wrote can be read in many ways and no conclusions can be drawn from it....just like anything that is tweeted from any of the band members....

Beaky 07-30-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1148801)
30 year contract. Wow!

Jon holds the record contract. The rest just sign contracts to record, promote and tour...

JoviJovi 07-30-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

30 year contract. Wow!

I am sure his contract is for a specific amount of time and then comes up for renegotiation. Who said it was a 30 yr. contract?

wichi850262 07-30-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

30 year contract. Wow!

That's someone just going to extremes...again *sigh*

DestinationJovi 07-30-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

I’ll just share what I’ve heard. Phil is not due to come back and as of today, there is no agreement in place to bring him back. What I have heard is that there are some upcoming dates he simply will not be able to make, for one reason or another. Richie’s Bon Jovi contract is up, hence the ‘new music’ making an appearance. So Bon Jovi are, as of this moment, without a guitarist.

Either Richie's contact was up in April or he's in breach of contract. His contract ending now makes no sense.

Seems as though people's theories have suddenly become sources. :rolleyes:

golittleperson 07-30-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Phil has his first child due in Oct. Do not know the date, but I doubt his wife would appreciate being told to hold back those contractions babe as I only have the 17th thru the 24th of Oct free, unless they add more gigs. Suspect is all I can do, bet that his contract is by the leg, logical. His past tense tweet today may mean nothing on new leg yet or that he is not coming back at all. Got to be sweet money and publicity for him though. BJ did one show without a lead axe. We have no clue what Richies contract was but would have thought entire tour. Like I have said on here before better to be released than to breech/quit. Of course here also, I've wondered if he hasn't been in breech of contract already? I do believe Jon is a pretty smart business man and would have i's dotted and t's crossed. Who knows anymore?
Oh yeah, Jon and Richie but they are like the Bush Beans Dog and they ain't talking.