Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

faith1985 03-17-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1251762)
I think "Humbled" is a pretty usual word at public events, receiving an award, and all that stuff.

yes, it usually is an empty word. And being humbled because of all the acknowledgement you are getting is totally different from the way he said it to kiss Clinton's butt.

Thinny 03-17-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1251730)
If YOU can do two or more things in your life and do them well, why do you think Jon should be limited to either being an artist OR being a businessman OR being a humanitarian?

Surely nobody thinks that Jon is doing both things well at the moment. Running the business, yeah sure, the band still make money, so well done Jon. Doing his job well as lead singer/frontman/song writer...eh, not so much...

Thinny 03-17-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1251760)
I just hope everyone who thinks they should dictate what Jon says and does has their own lives in order. Because, face it. He’s an incredibly successful person. We’re on a message board talking about him. I bet he’s not trolling a message board about... Frank Sinatra.

We are entitled to opinions on what he says and does - he's a public figure. It's part of it. Having our "own lives on order" has nothing to do with it. We are not public figures and therfore our actions don't get scrutinized by the masses. Jon is. He doesn't care what we think. Why should anybody else!?

Nige 03-17-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1251765)
We are entitled to opinions on what he says and does - he's a public figure. It's part of it. Having our "own lives on order" has nothing to do with it. We are not public figures and therfore our actions don't get scrutinized by the masses. Jon is. He doesn't care what we think. Why should anybody else!?

Actually if you sign up on Thinnytalk.com you'll see Jon is a member there and he's not happy with you at all - he thinks you should just "get on board" with his current voice and songs #Thismightnotbetrue

faith1985 03-17-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1251760)
Jon said 30 years ago that if a show is going well, his mind wanders because it’s like an out of body experience. If the show isn’t going well, that’s his focus. Why do people think these things are new bits of information that indicate a fundamental change in how his mind works?

I think I get the duality of things he says/does because aside from introversion, I really have a foot on both sides of the fence when it comes to Myers Briggs types. I see multiple ways to look at things that equally make sense. There’s a purpose. Why do you promote s charitable foundation with statistics? To give it credence. You don’t know EVERYTHING he does that’s charitable. People assume that because there is a lot of information available that ALL the information is available. It’s not.

If he says something personal to his wife in a speech, he doesn’t owe anyone an explanation.

I just hope everyone who thinks they should dictate what Jon says and does has their own lives in order. Because, face it. He’s an incredibly successful person. We’re on a message board talking about him. I bet he’s not trolling a message board about... Frank Sinatra.

Becky, I think you are just constantly defending your own bubble around Jon. Whenever I see Jon talking about his charity, he is bragging. So yeah I assume that most of what he does he also talks about. People like you are the ones blinded by all his PR. He has got many people with experience and a network working in his organisation. Plus look at his wine project: via another person he contacted a famous wine maker from france. and he held his first event at the Versace mansion where he again plays the humbled guy who just works for his son.That is an over the top pitch. If you work for your son, why is every article about YOU selling wine? I am not saying that he isn't successful but he is successful also because he has got his connections and probably tons of marketing people and his fans who always fall for him playing the nice and humbled guy because this is what sells.

faith1985 03-17-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1251764)
Surely nobody thinks that Jon is doing both things well at the moment. Running the business, yeah sure, the band still make money, so well done Jon. Doing his job well as lead singer/frontman/song writer...eh, not so much...

Being a business person AND an artist just really don't go well together. But for writing a few big stadium anthems it is still ok, I guess.

JackieBlue 03-17-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1251767)
Actually if you sign up on Thinnytalk.com you'll see Jon is a member there and he's not happy with you at all - he thinks you should just "get on board" with his current voice and songs #Thismightnotbetrue

Pure win!!
:rofl:

(P.S. I'm adopting that hashtag. Just so you know....)

Thinny 03-17-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1251767)

That sounds like a great site! I'm gonna sign up! :p :mrgreen:

WhamATC 03-17-2019 04:36 PM

Jon also said that "the truth of the truth of the truth is that you all keep complaining, I sound the greatest better than ever."

YOVANAfromPeru 03-17-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1251763)
yes, it usually is an empty word. And being humbled because of all the acknowledgement you are getting is totally different from the way he said it to kiss Clinton's butt.

I think that has to do a lot with his Foundation, I am more curious about music.

btw the conversation of this page is boring and not even funny.