Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Solid Sambora 07-31-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148992)
What a lovely place. Great post. You really added to the conversation. I missed you.

Just trying to help you realise you're having a go at someone for something that didn't happen. Accusing someone of pro-Jon bias, who hasn't even uttered his name? She wasn't particularly defamatory towards Richie either.

You're complaining that there's no room for discussion on here anymore and that its just folk being nasty to each other, yet there's you trying to dismiss someone based on how many comments they've made, labelling them something that doesn't actually fit what's been said.

Have you "come back"? I wouldn't know, you haven't mentioned it repeatedly in your last few posts. Does it bother you that you haven't "come back" to a heroes welcome? "Here comes Beaky with valuable, undeniable information, yadda yadda yadda..." You're pissed off that no one has given a shit that you're posting again, so decided to start something with the newbie to make yourself feel big and clever. No one has missed your posts, not cares that you're back, and if you really don't like the way the board is going, how about trying to change it- and have a decent discussion instead of your unjustified arguments.

Beaky 07-31-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1149002)
Just trying to help you realise you're having a go at someone for something that didn't happen. Accusing someone of pro-Jon bias, who hasn't even uttered his name? She wasn't particularly defamatory towards Richie either.

You're complaining that there's no room for discussion on here anymore and that its just folk being nasty to each other, yet there's you trying to dismiss someone based on how many comments they've made, labelling them something that doesn't actually fit what's been said.

Have you "come back"? I wouldn't know, you haven't mentioned it repeatedly in your last few posts. Does it bother you that you haven't "come back" to a heroes welcome? "Here comes Beaky with valuable, undeniable information, yadda yadda yadda..." You're pissed off that no one has given a shit that you're posting again, so decided to start something with the newbie to make yourself feel big and clever. No one has missed your posts, not cares that you're back, and if you really don't like the way the board is going, how about trying to change it- and have a decent discussion instead of your unjustified arguments.

I’m not surprised that you don’t see anything wrong with the replies. Honestly, just read her reply. Her points didn't even dispute most of what I said. As for 'bashing a newbie,' wake up; it was clear this wasn't a newbie, which was my point.

Wouldn’t something along the lines of ‘I agree that Richie’s new tune is awful, let’s hope he pays attention to the feedback he’s getting. I disagree with you in reference to Bon Jovi as a band not being in touch with their fan base; I think maybe that fanbase has changed a lot over the years and because of this, they are aimed at a different audience now than they were ten years ago.’

As for me wanting a fan fare, you clearly have no idea what I am like if you think that sort of thing rings my bell.

I came back here because it’s a community I was connected to for a long time, I heard something, I shared it; no big deal. I also told all of my friends who are Jovi fans. I think your interpretation is more telling of your own motivations; not everyone needs to feel like Charlie Large, my old chum.

jovi76 07-31-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1149004)
I’m not surprised that you don’t see anything wrong with the replies. Honestly, just read her reply. Her points didn't even dispute most of what I said. As for 'bashing a newbie,' wake up; it was clear this wasn't a newbie, which was my point.

Wouldn’t something along the lines of ‘I agree that Richie’s new tune is awful, let’s hope he pays attention to the feedback he’s getting. I disagree with you in reference to Bon Jovi as a band not being in touch with their fan base; I think maybe that fanbase has changed a lot over the years and because of this, they are aimed at a different audience now than they were ten years ago.’

As for me wanting a fan fare, you clearly have no idea what I am like if you think that sort of thing rings my bell.

I came back here because it’s a community I was connected to for a long time, I heard something, I shared it; no big deal. I also told all of my friends who are Jovi fans. I think your interpretation is more telling of your own motivations; not everyone needs to feel like Charlie Large, my old chum.

Seriously, you want to dictate how everyone should reply to you. That is not what I was saying regarding Bon Jovi and their fans.

Anyway weren't you running along ...:rolleyes:

Beaky 07-31-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovi76 (Post 1149005)
Seriously, you want to dictate how everyone should reply to you. That is not what I was saying regarding Bon Jovi and their fans.

Anyway weren't you running along ...:rolleyes:

Seriously, you want to dictate when I am allowed to post?

Well done. Taken one sentence and ignored everything else... again. The point I was making, one more time, for your one good brain cell, was: You read something in my original post that wasn't there and posted a pissy reply that wasn't necessary.

Then your boyfriend gets involved and I was just showing him what I thought was a reasonable, rational and considered response. Something you're clearly incapable of, dear.

Beaky 07-31-2013 02:04 PM

So back to my original point; I do hope these boys get over themselves, for the sake of those who have tickets for the upcoming shows but if they don't;

I can't see Bon Jovi hitting the road without a lead guitarist, with Jon and Bobby handling the solos, so is it really going to be The Kings & Bon Jovi? Or is there a new session player heading for the Jovi Jet?

steel_horse75 07-31-2013 02:09 PM

I personally think that if theres no Richie and Phil cant do it then they should now cancel rest of the tour and release a statement telling everyone whats going on.

(Most) People have just about got their heads around seeing Jovi with Phil - to have a no one or these Kings crap is unwatchable and not a Bon Jovi show and should be billed as that.

This has gone on too long and the fans who have paid and already seen the band plus the ones about to or thinking of buying tickets for forthcoming shows are owed an explanation now before it gets embarrasing

Sissy3 07-31-2013 02:26 PM

Knowing Richie's been AWOL and may continue to be, knowing Phil's got a baby coming due, and knowing how anal he can be about things, wouldn't you think Jon would already have a plan in case both Richie and Phil are unavailable? I don't think Mr Control would leave it to chance. Unless he too expects Richie to be back in September. :D

bjcrazycpa 07-31-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1149010)
Knowing Richie's been AWOL and may continue to be, knowing Phil's got a baby coming due, and knowing how anal he can be about things, wouldn't you think Jon would already have a plan in case both Richie and Phil are unavailable? I don't think Mr Control would leave it to chance. Unless he too expects Richie to be back in September. :D

Exactly. A plan is in place and it's not Bobby, Jon or KOS.

Ollie 07-31-2013 02:51 PM

I kno Phil will obviously want to be with his wife during the birth etc... But don't you think him having a child will be even more inventive for him wanting to earn as much cash as possible during what could possibly be his one last run of gigs to earn mega bucks????

gnr5 07-31-2013 02:53 PM

If its not Richie or Phil it will be someone else. There are millions of session players that can learn the songs in no time. This tour won't be canceled.