Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Crushgen24/88 08-01-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1149183)

Not a fan of the "Get off of my lawn you lousy kids" opinion of the author, though I agree with him about Richie's song.

CKatz 08-01-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1149183)

It's an article written by a Bon Jovi fan and he doesn't say anything that hasn't already been written here. He probably read this thread. Nothing new.

He also quoted the lyrics wrong. You can clearly hear Richie sing "I gave HER everything...etc."

CKatz 08-01-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1149184)
Do you really think he would slam Richie if he did?

Yes, I do...if it meant defending his brother. Of course he would. Why would he choose protecting Richie over his own brother?

Captain_jovi 08-01-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149187)
Yes, I do...if it meant defending his brother. Of course he would. Why would he choose protecting Richie over his own brother?

I think Matt gets so many angry messages from fans that he doesn't have to answer all of them. I think he responded as someone who either doesn't think the song is about the band (or at least partially) or is refusing to admit it.

I did notice the "Her" and wasn't sure if I was mishearing it. It may totally be about a woman and we're wrong, just something about using Frankie and Dean in that context makes me question it.

JoviJovi 08-01-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

He wouldn't. He will play the neutral card, I am sure that's the way Jon wants it. Richies the one choosing to play this out on twitter and in the tabloids.

CKatz 08-01-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1149191)
He wouldn't. He will play the neutral card, I am sure that's the way Jon wants it. Richies the one choosing to play this out on twitter and in the tabloids.

Saying the song is "cool" is not a neutral position. If he wanted to be neutral he would have just said the song was 4 years old and nothing else.

JoviJovi 08-01-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149193)
Saying the song is "cool" is not a neutral position. If he wanted to be neutral he would have just said the song was 4 years old and nothing else.

Ok. I take back what I said though, you are that naive.

CKatz 08-01-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1149194)
Ok. I take back what I said though, you are that naive.

That's the type of thing a person would say when they're losing the argument.
Once that happens, they get personal. I stand by what I said.
I think you're letting your anger at Richie blind you. Now you want to see him as the bad guy in every situation.

Mysterytrain 08-01-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Matt already defended Jon indirectly, imo, by Tweeting that the song was four years old. In making note that it was already that old, he infers that it has nothing to do with the current situation (or, that's what he wants fans to believe).

CKatz 08-01-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1149196)
Matt already defended Jon indirectly, imo, by Tweeting that the song was four years old. In making note that it was already that old, he infers that it has nothing to do with the current situation (or, that's what he wants fans to believe).

He said it's 4 years old because it's true. I already gave a transcript of a radio interview a few pages ago that was a few years old where Richie talks about having written this song. And of course, Matt would say that to deny the rumor that the song is about Jon, because it isn't.