Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

TwinFan 08-02-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1149322)
You are proof that emojis matter.

I do what I can.

Mysterytrain 08-02-2013 10:51 PM

I hadn't heard this one before; Richie re-Tweeted it with this comment:

"Now that is some shit! Me and Snake... We did that a lot... I love that guy..."

Also, someone Tweeted Richie singing in Spanish:

"In It for Love":
"All That Really Matters":

Becky 08-02-2013 11:52 PM

http://www.noise11.com/news/richie-s...-song-20130802

I don't think Richie is naive enough to be unaware of the tabloid fodder he's causing. I'm really losing respect for him. He obviously wants this negative press and he's making sure it's out there with his goons Lund and Borg. About the only way one of his solo songs is going to garner attention is if he lets people think it's an attack on Jon.

Kiwi78 08-03-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1149331)

I don't think Richie is naive enough to be unaware of the tabloid fodder he's causing. I'm really losing respect for him. He obviously wants this negative press and he's making sure it's out there with his goons Lund and Borg. About the only way one of his solo songs is going to garner attention is if he lets people think it's an attack on Jon.

Couldn't agree more.

The Love Fest on twitter is beyond a joke. In any normal circumstance, I wouldn't object to him tweeting constantly about the great things he'd done solo wise but c'mon.

Sometimes I think we're reading into stuff to much but then sometimes I think it's so obviously pointed. Everything is pointing to the fact he wants to go solo - I could be wrong but who knows.

semigoodlookin 08-03-2013 12:41 AM

Richie is peddling his solo stuff, fair play he has decent solo output (overall would prefer Jon's or my own). However, in doing so he is distancing himself from the Bon Jovi material, why isn't he embracing it and saying "hey look, I did this too" and link As My Guitar, or Lie to Me, Wanted, any of the classics he was involved in. I honestly think that would be a bigger **** you to Jon and the band.

I really doubt Jon cares or ever has cared about Richie's solo work. Is Richie not allowed to mention the band at all, did he have less input in the Jovi songs than we were led to believe so does not cherish them as much? I don't really think either of those above, but while highlighting he is an artist in his own right he is only proving to me that his best work has been with the band.

His reasons for leaving are his own and he is entitled to them, but right now his PR machine is a mess, it is cringe worthy and he is looking increasingly like someone going through a mid-life crisis, at least publicly. Why he is acting and dressing like a 25 year old is beyond me. He was a mega cool guy in his relaxed nature but now he is turning into a bit of a caricature.

For shame Richie, for ****ing shame

I always kind of sussed that publicly Jon is a dick, but not the Sambora. How wrong I was and it is worse having your expectations broken than met.

crashed 08-03-2013 12:50 AM

And honestly, if that's the way he's playing it - like some gangsta rap feud - when Jon, Dave and Tico have been doing their best out there (ok the kings of suburbia fiasco but that was just bad judgement and they realised that pretty quickly) - he can go keep his fashion line and his hangers-on and his "soulful" solo tracks and shove them right up his arse.

I have always supported Richie Sambora in and out of the band, bought his records even if I didn't really feel them as much as JBJ or Bon Jovi records, but I won't support a Richie tearing apart the band I love.

Yet, part of me still hopes it is naivete, that Richie couldn't, and wouldn't, be stupid enough to shit over his own legacy.

ticos_stick 08-03-2013 01:34 AM

Twitter Richie isn't the Richie we know and love.

The only rational explanation is that his mind has been taken over by extraterrestrials. :new-alie:

crashed 08-03-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1149337)
Twitter Richie isn't the Richie we know and love.

The only rational explanation is that his mind has been taken over by extraterrestrials. :new-alie:

I'm actually starting to think this is the only logical explanation.

jessycardy 08-03-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1149338)
I'm actually starting to think this is the only logical explanation.

I remember one of the very first rumors when he had totally disappeared from any radar was that he was pregnant of an alien. Although, you'd think after four months you'd start seeing a little belly showing. Maybe aliens come in very small sizes?

golittleperson 08-03-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1149331)

Maybe not Naive enough, but I think sometimes vulnerable enough. This is IMO the type of crowd that would say one drink, one line, it won't hurt because they really dont give a shit about him (yes Sugar Daddy pun). Genlux last interview still bugs me. His LA history for women and press is so bad, remember Denise's balcony shots which multiple paps said she is the one who told them when and where to be. BUT this time these whatever they ares - are cutting into his music side and that is the lowest. Too much LA fake world got into his head and not enough of his Jersey roots. If they hadn't crossed the line, I might even like one of those jackets Nikki posted today - but NWIH right now.