Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Grantos1 07-02-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1179687)
The UK one did for me, I ordered it at £28.99 and they e-mailed me to say they were refunding me £4 yesterday.

Awesome, I'll hopefully get an email this week then

Raz0r 07-02-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1179680)
Yeah, I was wondering the other day if there would be any singles and the other version of Does Anybody Really would be included as a b-side? That would make everybody happy (except for the original CD being "incomplete", but in the digital age, I could live with that, as I only use the CD once, if at all ;-))

Do they still release singles with b-sides?

Raz0r 07-02-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179678)
Not only the "I knows", but Jon stops singing several times, the key changes at the end and the lack of a guitar solo. The song sounds so incomplete overall... This is what a demo is, the other seems like a finished song. They should release that version, at least as a promotional single or something.

Word. I was thinking the same thing. This is a demo, it is what it is.

And over all I enjoy the demos more than I do the studio tracks. I love how raw they are, they sound so much more rock n' roll than the studio albums.

So no complains, I'm happy with what we got, and I can't wait to see what that second project is.

steel_horse75 07-02-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1179677)
Doesn't amazon have a policy that if the price drops from the pre-sale, they give you a refund of the difference?

Never bought there but that's what I thought.

yep - im getting £4 refund

bjcrazycpa 07-02-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1179698)
yep - im getting £4 refund

I'm getting a $19.50 refund! SWEET!!

semigoodlookin 07-02-2014 11:08 PM

Anyone in Argentina know where to get this from?

I don't fancy waiting a year to fly back to the UK and although I have no issue downloading it from a bay of pirates I visit sometimes, I want this in physical form.

superkid 07-02-2014 11:33 PM

I bought it yesterday at Best Buy, and so far I'm really enjoying this release. I've never seen the Access All Areas documentary before, so I was especially looking forward to this part and watched it first. The music throughout was incredible, and compared to WWWB the band came across as very likeable and energetic. Highlights for me were the opening scene with the band criticizing their performance while the fans praised it, the performance with Jimmy Page at Hammersmith, and them visiting the Berlin Wall/Moscow and it's historical significance. As for the music videos, I enjoyed the video clips that they put in between the videos, which made them flow together really well. Even though we've seen the videos before, this made it feel fresh to me and I'm glad it wasn't just lazily pieced together with nothing added as I expected.

As for the tracks, it was also my first time hearing most of them as I've been avoiding all of the clips and leaks the past few weeks. I really liked the versions of Diamond Ring and Homebound Train. Stick to Your Guns and WITW are decent too, but I'm not sure they were worthy of being released since they just came across as unfinished versions not too far from what they ended up going with for the album to me. I would've rather had those two replaced with "Cadillac Man" and "Rosie", but I guess we can't have everything. As for the others, there's not really a weak song on here. On first listen "Growing Up the Hard Way" is one of my favorites, along with "House of Fire" and "Love Hurts". I'm sure more of the tracks will grow on me as time goes on. Finally, the booklet is pretty cool as well, and the description at the beginning is pretty interesting as is the excerpts on all of the songs. I never knew that one of the ways they decided what would make the album was by bringing fifty random teenagers to the studio to listen and provide feedback, and I'd be cool to hear what they'd have to say if any of them are still around.

Overall this was a great release, and one of the best things released for the "die-hards" in years. I'm looking forward to hearing what the next project is going to be.

ezearis 07-03-2014 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1179702)
Anyone in Argentina know where to get this from?

I don't fancy waiting a year to fly back to the UK and although I have no issue downloading it from a bay of pirates I visit sometimes, I want this in physical form.

It's going to be produced here, but Universal Music Argentina couldn't confirm if it's going to be the Deluxe Edition only or both. We'll have to wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1179696)
Word. I was thinking the same thing. This is a demo, it is what it is.

And over all I enjoy the demos more than I do the studio tracks. I love how raw they are, they sound so much more rock n' roll than the studio albums.

So no complains, I'm happy with what we got, and I can't wait to see what that second project is.

Don't get me wrong, I like this new release of the song. It's nice to have this alternate demo to enjoy, but it's also sad that having a finished song, we aren't able to enjoy it.

Really, a promotional single on digital release would have 0 costs and could make lots of fans happy; but if they didn't released that version of the song, it's because I doubt we're seeing it in the near future.

trevrox 07-03-2014 04:56 AM

I can't stop listening to Backdoor To Heaven!! :D:D:D

Lucas_Roli 07-03-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1179724)
I can't stop listening to Backdoor To Heaven!! :D:D:D

Me too! I can't get over how great this song is. Can you imagine the sex faces Richie was making when he was playing the guitar intro and outro on this song?:D
IMO this is the all time greatest song that they left of the album,even better than Edge of A Broken Heart.