Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 08-04-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1149431)
That was my first and only thought. I think he was talking about that song.

Yes, that's most likely the case. I've kinda got used to his brainstorming style when it comes to tweeting, so I've assumed he was still in the "Simple Man" trail of thought, for a moment.

So... I guess the lyric is timely for some other reason than what over-analyzing fans were so easily helped to believe by his own PR people. Oh well. I'm glad at least he set the record straight. It would be interesting to see what Sean Borg comes up with next. He'll probably continue spreading the rumor around on all the websites he seems to have his hands on.

SuperBrad 08-04-2013 12:00 PM

Omfg ! I just dont get it ! Dam you Sambora .

golittleperson 08-04-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1149428)
Simple man ? What song is that ?

The version that comes into my head and pretty certain the original is:

http://youtu.be/SuSuRk5DMJU

Know Richie played guitar for Paul Rodgers Little School Girl so he may also be thinking of the Bad Company version. Love Skynard but didn't even think about theirs until someone else mentioned it.

golittleperson 08-04-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1149418)
He's Wasted.

Analyze complete.

Really hope not, one of the drugs he Supposedly had a problem with was sleeping pills. Seems he is having trouble sleeping and don't think this long after can still blame Euro time jetlag. Of course with a teen in the house also understand the stay up late and sleep late (if the adult can too). I had to get up for work at 4.45 Saturday, my 17year old went to bed at 4.

CKatz 08-04-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcyc (Post 1149429)
Richie's latest tweet

@TheRealSambora: This songs gettin some traction , so I would sincerely appriciate any help. BTW this has nothin to do with Jon...,"

So that's the end of that theory? Or?...

So much for Come Back As Me being about Jon...lol
The theory with the simplest explanation and the least number of assumptions is usually the correct one.

jessycardy 08-04-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149436)
The theory with the simplest explanation and the least number of assumptions is usually the correct one.

Somebody should inform best buddy Sean Borg about that.

golittleperson 08-04-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149436)

Penned in 2010, do believe there's evidence to that right out of his mouth. BUT just recorded and released now. He writes from his heart so still dealing with something. Maybe he needs to redo 7 Years Gone to something like 8 or 9, maybe longer if this keeps up. Wish he would hit some level seas.

jessycardy 08-04-2013 01:37 PM

I'm really not getting it. The ONLY kind of press the song got so far was about the morbid rumor that it could be about Jon. There's no "traction", the song's literally stalling otherwise. Which shouldn't really surprise anyone, since it's not even being promoted or officially released anyway. Having Sean Borg falsely claim it was some sort of a leak won't make it magically fly around cyberspace, if that was the intention.

CKatz 08-04-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149442)
I'm really not getting it. The ONLY kind of press the song got so far was about the morbid rumor that it could be about Jon. There's no "traction", the song's literally stalling otherwise. Which shouldn't really surprise anyone, since it's not even being promoted or officially released anyway. Having Sean Borg falsely claim it was some sort of a leak won't make it magically fly around cyberspace, if that was the intention.

We don't know what kind of offers he's been getting since the song was "unofficially" released on YouTube. Rumorfix claims he's about to make another solo album. And a few days ago Richie tweeted "cool stuff" was coming up.

jessycardy 08-04-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149443)
We don't know what kind of offers he's been getting since the song was "unofficially" released on YouTube. Rumorfix claims he's about to make another solo album. And a few days ago Richie tweeted "cool stuff" was coming up.

"Cool stuff" could mean anything and nothing, really... But you're right, maybe he's got people contacting him behind the scenes.
Anyway, I remember RumorFix aka Sean Borg mentioning a video for "Come Back As Me" as well as new songs coming out between August and September, but I don't recall them speaking about a new solo album... Are you sure?