Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

CKatz 08-04-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149444)
"Cool stuff" could mean anything and nothing, really... But you're right, maybe he's got people contacting him behind the scenes.
Anyway, I remember RumorFix aka Sean Borg mentioning a video for "Come Back As Me" as well as new songs coming out between August and September, but I don't recall them speaking about a new solo album... Are you sure?

Ok, I checked Rumorfix again:
"So Richie will be working on his new solo tracks, which will be released in the next few months."
To me that sounds like the songs will all be released at the same time.
That could mean a solo album. Or an EP. I don't think it makes much sense to release songs individually.

jessycardy 08-04-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149445)
Ok, I checked Rumorfix again:
"So Richie will be working on his new solo tracks, which will be released in the next few months."
To me that sounds like the songs will all be released at the same time.
That could mean a solo album. Or an EP. I don't think it makes much sense to release songs individually.

I'm pretty sure when I read the article it said "couple of months", not "few months", which is why I said August and September. That obviously also meant the songs were going to be released individually. I don't know what to make of the fact they've apparently changed the wording.

CKatz 08-04-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149446)
I'm pretty sure when I read the article it said "couple of months", not "few months", which is why I said August and September. That obviously also meant the songs were going to be released individually. I don't know what to make of the fact they've apparently changed the wording.

You're right it's "couple of months". My bad.

golittleperson 08-04-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149446)

Remember in one of the videos, somewhere that Nikki/Rich was planning to embed music (don't know how, download, cd, whatever) with the clothing line. Scares me that this could be part of that, thus the excuse for that lousy PR team and partners along with her family being involved. That would make it just tracs and not a full cd. Just speculating here.:confused:

jessycardy 08-04-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1149451)
Remember in one of the videos, somewhere that Nikki/Rich was planning to embed music (don't know how, download, cd, whatever) with the clothing line. Scares me that this could be part of that, thus the excuse for that lousy PR team and partners along with her family being involved. That would make it just tracs and not a full cd. Just speculating here.:confused:

You have a very good point there. It could very well be.

Captain_jovi 08-04-2013 03:59 PM

So Richie says the song is not about Jon and the assumption that it is is over? Of course he'd say it's not. He NEEDS the BJ fanbase or else has has very little fan support.

JackieBlue 08-04-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1149453)
So Richie says the song is not about Jon and the assumption that it is is over? Of course he'd say it's not. He NEEDS the BJ fanbase or else has has very little fan support.

Or maybe he said it because it's not about Jon? Listen to the lyrics. It sounds like it's about Richie. Very similar, for example, to Who I Am.

Crushgen24/88 08-04-2013 04:24 PM

I think people are taking the idea of the song being written "about Jon" too literally. The song seems to predate this whole thing, and seems more about Richie asserting his own independence and etc. That said, to pretend that there's no correlation between everything that's happening and Richie/his people choosing to release a song a out him being independent are incredibly naive.

Becky 08-04-2013 04:35 PM

He only says it's not about Jon after he's gotten the press for letting his tabloid buddies say that it was because he said it was "pretty timely." How many of those same press sources are going to recant their stories just because he said it's not about Jon now? None. Jon gets pissed on in the press and Richie gets publicity for his song.

CKatz 08-04-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1149455)
I think people are taking the idea of the song being written "about Jon" too literally. The song seems to predate this whole thing, and seems more about Richie asserting his own independence and etc. That said, to pretend that there's no correlation between everything that's happening and Richie/his people choosing to release a song a out him being independent are incredibly naive.

But Richie wanting independence is not a slam on anyone.