Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

CKatz 08-04-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1149467)
My point is I don't care who is to blame, and at this point we are not finding out either way. Richie is not addressing this issue really, he is sending a bunch of bizarre Tweets. The point I was making is if we will never find out I would rather have the band behaving as it always has than Richie becoming a media whore.

And re the reason Jon is staying silent. Richie is too, so perhaps he is to blame? Jon is actually doing all he has ever done. When has he ever come out openly saying things that go on within in the band. I honestly mean it when I say I don't care who is to blame, I am 29 years old, and it should be obvious to everyone that probably both are to blame.

If Richie was constantly giving interviews, I would agree about the "media whore" description, but he isn't. Twitter is all about self-promotion, so it's not surprising that Richie is using it for that reason. People don't have to follow though.

dianeee 08-04-2013 05:45 PM

After following this thread from day one, I woke up this morning, logged on and realized I just don't give a crap anymore. It's no secret to anyone on this planet how much people care, or just want to know and still we get nothing. I'm bored to tears with Richie's tweets and fashion thing, and I'm putting the whole Bon Jovi drama out of my mind. I don't even care about Fresno and Las Vegas anymore. If I happen to hear Richie is miraculously back and there are still tickets available I might be happy enough to go to another show, but for now, forget it. Just my 2 cents worth.

DestinationJovi 08-04-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149462)
That's pretty much the situation, you summed it up perfectly.

Oh, and for the millionth time... Jon didn't say Richie's been through it before, he said the band's been through it before, meaning they had toured without Richie before. And Jon also denied it was about alcohol in one interview when they asked him directly.

Ok so Jon said "we've" been through this before following with "when he works through his personal issues he'll be back". Do you really think he wasn't intentionally implying drugs or alcohol? You seem smarter than that jessy. There are probably 100 pages in this thread about that theory based on Jon's "we've been through this before" comment.

Jon denied it was about alcohol long after the tabloids ran with that theory. Just like richie has now denied his song is about Jon after the tabloids ran it. Tit for tat.

CKatz 08-04-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149469)
The tiny little difference is the people writing about Richie are best buddies with him, so there's no room for misunderstandings to begin with. I appreciate him saying the song has nothing to do with Jon, although to be fair I've never thought it was, I just think it came out now and not, say, two years ago for a reason. Why? Again, because Richie has lunch every other day with this Borg guy who happens to be both his personal PR and NikkiRich's, and also the one who runs to all of the major (and minor) news/gossip outlets with the same old article featuring the same old big title trying to sell us the rumor that "Richie slams Jon in new solo song", giving us part of the lyrics and pretending to be factual by saying: "judge for yourselves". It just doesn't add up, that's the whole point here.

They're not writing the gossip stories. For all we know, the sources could be made up. But, I agree that Sean and Nikki are overstepping and should stick to the fashion. They shouldn't get involved in a situation that has nothing to do with them. It's not helping, that's for sure. But as long as Richie and Jon don't meet and talk face to face, outside influences with their own agendas will mess things up. And that's the problem: no communication between the two main men. And at least one of them doesn't have an interest in patching things up.

semigoodlookin 08-04-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149470)
If Richie was constantly giving interviews, I would agree about the "media whore" description, but he isn't. Twitter is all about self-promotion, so it's not surprising that Richie is using it for that reason. People don't have to follow though.

Almost everything coming out regarding Richie is from him or his camp or is a rehashed version of something from his camp! Almost everything from him, even the "personal" tweets has PR written all over it.

And Twitter. I have a Twitter account with a fairly strong base of followers. I never post something about myself, so Twitter is not ALL about self promotion. And anyway, Richie is not directly promoting anything either, he is just wallowing in self indulgence, and someone already said that he is pushing that indulgence more than most celebs. I don't follow him.

Like I said, I have no interest in his motives for leaving or to be honest the fact he has left. I have for the most part dismissed Bon Jovi this tour/album cycle and think whatever has "gone down" will be resolved by the next cycle. However, it is pretty clear his media relations have become a bit more whore like over the months. He wasn't even like this supporting Aftermath.

The thing that keeps sticking in my mind (I don't know why) is what he wrote about Usher. It was obviously meant as humble but made Richie come across like one of the idiots following him right now. For me it was over the top and unexpected from Richie because I have never heard him drool like that before, even when talking about all-time idols (Q links to interviews and YouTube videos, come at me!)

CKatz 08-04-2013 06:25 PM

Honestly, I don't even see how the tweet about Usher matters. Who cares if he compliments some other artist.. It doesn't have anything to do with the current situation, unless it was Jon he was praising like that...which isn't going to happen..lol

Becky 08-04-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149462)
That's pretty much the situation, you summed it up perfectly.

Oh, and for the millionth time... Jon didn't say Richie's been through it before, he said the band's been through it before, meaning they had toured without Richie before. And Jon also denied it was about alcohol in one interview when they asked him directly.

Exactly. Jon isn't orchestrating bad press for Richie the way Richie is for Jon with his tabloid goons. Jon keeps saying the same thing--Richie is welcome back when he works through his personal issues and he hasn't given any indication of what those personal issues are. He's tactfully avoided saying what those issues are. Jon has only talked to legitimate press sources.

Richie comes across as an attention seeking whore right now with all the self-aggrandizing tweets and "leaks" from "sources." Any press is good press for him because it gets his name out there--someone he failed to do on his own merit with his solo work.

semigoodlookin 08-04-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149477)
Honestly, I don't even see how the tweet about Usher matters. Who cares if he compliments some other artist.. It doesn't have anything to do with the current situation, unless it was Jon he was praising like that...which isn't going to happen..lol

I think you misunderstand. It doesn't matter, nothing in this whole thing matters but we are taking things and putting our own spin and opinion on them. I said I did not know why, but something about that Usher Tweet was wrong to me, I am not saying I am right.

Supersonic 08-04-2013 07:27 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1149479)
Richie comes across as an attention seeking whore right now with all the self-aggrandizing tweets and "leaks" from "sources." Any press is good press for him because it gets his name out there--someone he failed to do on his own merit with his solo work.

Yeah, this is true. What he doesn't seem to understand is that it's never gathered him any press for his music because people rate artists with such behavior as the odd douchebags. It never makes people think "Gotta check out that new song". Especially not when it's garbage like Come Back As Me. Besides that, it seems that only a few select fans seem to care about the current state of affairs. Most posters on Jovitalk seem to have moved on as the same people keep replying and analyzing the tweets on here.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

CKatz 08-04-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1149479)
Exactly. Jon isn't orchestrating bad press for Richie the way Richie is for Jon with his tabloid goons. Jon keeps saying the same thing--Richie is welcome back when he works through his personal issues and he hasn't given any indication of what those personal issues are. He's tactfully avoided saying what those issues are. Jon has only talked to legitimate press sources.

Jon had his "sources" leak stories too in the beginning. Then he made stupid comments in interviews, such as the one about the Edge and the "we've been through this before" comment. He'd have to be really stupid not to know how people would interpret them. He isn't innocent in this.