Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130085)
I also think that JBJs responses now are pretty direct, he's almost calling Richie out. I don't think this is something he'd be doing if Richie was dealing with an illness or something major to do with his family.

Totally. The past couple of interviews, I think Jon has pretty much got to the point where enough's enough. He seems as frustrated by the lack of a statement from Richie as we are.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1130082)
Are people making too big a deal about the lack of WAN songs? Even before Richie left it was 4-5 maximum. And if you look back through setlists from The Circle right back to Bounce there are plenty of nights where again 4-5 is the standard- some with only 3. It's been a long time since Bon Jovi 'played the album' regularly every night.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that people WANT to hear more new stuff, I just don't understand why it's such a surprise.

It could very well be my memory going, but I don't recall setlists featuring so few songs from the album they were promoting at the moment. Yeah, sometimes there were not many, but 3-4 sounds new to me. And my point was beyond wanting to hear the new stuff or not. I do, for the most part, and I also think it would be the only logical thing to do, since this is the tour to promote the new album. But in my post I was just pointing out how, if the issue was indeed about Richie doing his own thing and somehow shading or taking time away from "What About Now"'s promotion, well, the way things are at the moment produced an even worse outcome to that respect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130085)
I also think that JBJs responses now are pretty direct, he's almost calling Richie out. I don't think this is something he'd be doing if Richie was dealing with an illness or something major to do with his family.

Totally this.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 01:57 PM

Matt is a ****ing liar. Hide the truth, misleads fans, the business forward without losing money.

danfan 05-17-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1130083)
Question. Have you been to any shows this tour? I honestly cant remember so not digging.
I just wondered if you were judging by camera phone videos or you have seen the show(s) live?

No, but of course it's not as good. It's not the entire band. Richie is more than a guitar player. I understand Jon's not gonna say "Yeah, the shows have suffered." Obviously, that would be stupid. I'm just wondering if he really believes what he is saying.

Beaky 05-17-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1130090)
No, but of course it's not as good. It's not the entire band. Richie is more than a guitar player. I understand Jon's not gonna say "Yeah, the shows have suffered." Obviously, that would be stupid. I'm just wondering if he really believes what he is saying.

I think he has chosen his words carefully, hence his quotes are similar across different interviews. If Richie had a serious problem, Jon would surely be saying, 'Huge thanks to Phil X, he's stepped in and helped us out in our hour of need. It's not the same without Richie, get well soon... ' or something more supportive.

BEFORE any JBJ fanatics attacked me, I am not saying Jon SHOULD be more supportive. This just makes it even more clear to me that we're talking about Richie throwing his toys out of the pram rather than health.

If it was health, that can improve. If it's a battle of wills, we're f*cked.

steel_horse75 05-17-2013 02:17 PM

Its time for Richie to be a man and speak up.
JBJ has put the ball firmly in Richies court now.

samboraisgodUK 05-17-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130092)
If it was health, that can improve. If it's a battle of wills, we're f*cked.

Because arguments never fizzle out and friends make up? Before anyone jumps on me and says 'well they're not friends, it's a business' etc. that's even more of a reason for them to resolve this issue.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1130097)
Because arguments never fizzle out and friends make up? Before anyone jumps on me and says 'well they're not friends, it's a business' etc. that's even more of a reason for them to resolve this issue.

Not to mention you can be cynical all you want, but they are indeed friends.

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130088)
It could very well be my memory going, but I don't recall setlists featuring so few songs from the album they were promoting at the moment. Yeah, sometimes there were not many, but 3-4 sounds new to me. And my point was beyond wanting to hear the new stuff or not. I do, for the most part, and I also think it would be the only logical thing to do, since this is the tour to promote the new album. But in my post I was just pointing out how, if the issue was indeed about Richie doing his own thing and somehow shading or taking time away from "What About Now"'s promotion, well, the way things are at the moment produced an even worse outcome to that respect.

They've had their nights, but if you look through something like Setlist.fm there are loads of sets with only 4-5 songs from the at-the-time current album. The Crush tour was the last time they consistently played a larger number of new songs. They can promote it under any banner they like but for last decade and a bit every tour has been a greatest hits tour.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 02:29 PM

Damn money machine!

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/968...edfukmoney.gif

F U C K $ M O N E Y

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130101)
Damn money machine!

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/968...edfukmoney.gif

F U C K $ M O N E Y

Think all the praise is going to your head Rolo. There is such a thing as moderation and timing.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1130103)
Think all the praise is going to your head Rolo. There is such a thing as moderation and timing.

out of control

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8780/jonbrother.gif

M O R E $ F U C K I N G $ M O N E Y ! ! !

Beaky 05-17-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1130097)

I didn't say otherwise did I? Of course there's several damn good reasons for them to make up... the point I am making is this:

If this is illness/tragedy/emergency - there is a better chance of Richie coming back than if they're having a battle of wills... wouldn't you say?

jessycardy 05-17-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1130100)
They've had their nights, but if you look through something like Setlist.fm there are loads of sets with only 4-5 songs from the at-the-time current album. The Crush tour was the last time they consistently played a larger number of new songs. They can promote it under any banner they like but for last decade and a bit every tour has been a greatest hits tour.

That's probably normal when you've been around so long. I think we're all happy to hear the older stuff, rarities, etc.... I don't mind at all, I just think they could throw a couple more songs in there, maybe a total of 5 would be enough. You still get to play half the album, and you have plenty of room for the rest of your huge discography. And I believe without Richie they're kind of playing it safe. We'll see what happens tonight in Vienna and then of course Munich and the rest of the tour. Will they bring out big rarities, newer material or just stick to the Lost Highway/Greatest Hits kind of setlist they carried on till now? I'm all about being surprised at concerts, so give me anything but not the setlist we already know by heart.

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130104)
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8780/jonbrother.gif

M O R E $ F U C K I N G $ M O N E Y ! ! !

Point taken?

Point proved?

Totally missed the point?

JoviJovi 05-17-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1130083)
Question. Have you been to any shows this tour? I honestly cant remember so not digging.
I just wondered if you were judging by camera phone videos or you have seen the show(s) live?

I saw PhilX last time around, its just not the same, and definitely not worth the money. I am not looking forward to 5 upcoming shows with him standing in. No matter how good he may, its not the Bon Jovi show I signed up for, simple as that.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1130107)
Point taken?

Point proved?

Totally missed the point?

OUT OF CONTROL

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130106)
I'm all about being surprised at concerts, so give me anything but not the setlist we already know by heart.

Amen to that.

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130109)
OUT OF CONTROL

Haha. The first step is admitting it brother.

danfan 05-17-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1130095)
Its time for Richie to be a man and speak up.
JBJ has put the ball firmly in Richies court now.

If Jon is being honest (which I firmly believe he is) then I agree. Richie's behavior, at this point, is unprofessional and disrespectful to the fans.

Thierry 05-17-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1130115)
If Jon is being honest (which I firmly believe he is) then I agree. Richie's behavior, at this point, is unprofessional and disrespectful to the fans.

Agreed and not only to the fans, also to the rest of the band. They should kick him out and make Phil X a permanent bandmember.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1130116)
Agreed and not only to the fans, also to the rest of the band. They should kick him out and make Phil X a permanent bandmember.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2295/27342593.jpg

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1130116)

If things got to that point... it would be interesting to see if he would be a "member" like Hugh, or we'd see an official Bon Jovi 2.0 with everyone promoted as fully fledged band mates.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1130119)
If things got to that point... it would be interesting to see if he would be a "member" like Hugh, or we'd see an official Bon Jovi 2.0 with everyone promoted as fully fledged band mates.

Including Bobby "his faithful friend"?

Sambora will return. I'm sure.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130122)

Can I ask you why you're so sure? Besides hoping for it for dear life as most of us, that is.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130125)
Can I ask you why you're so sure? Besides hoping for it for dear life as most of us, that is.

Because I believe in him.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130127)

I gotta say, that struck me.

I believe in him too, but things lately got so bad, I just don't know anymore. I'm sure Jon used to believe in him as well, and maybe he still does, but he didn't sound so positive in the last few days.

Oh well, what can we do but hope for the best, really. I can't say I'm sure he'll return, though. I'm just not there at the moment. I most certainly hope so, but I don't know. And wow, now I'm starting to sound like Jon...

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130122)

Hey, I'm not campaigning for some Bobby love! I'm just saying, they were able to drop the bass player from the line-up and have the 4 official members, but could they get away with losing the guitarist and going with 3? It goes back the old rock hierarchy, but guitarist gets a lot more attention than bassist.

I think they'd have to officially replace Richie, at which point the question of the official line-up arises. Whatever you think of Hugh and Bobby, they've been with the band 18 & 10 years respectively. It would be a real slap in the face if the line-up could accommodate 'New Guitarist' (Phil X or otherwise) but not them.

And I know the whole 'JBJ & Friends' think has been thrown around here a few times, but I couldn't see Jon dropping the 'Bon Jovi' name and effectively demoting David or Tico.

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130127)

I used to. They way things are going, I'm just not so sure I do anymore.

The longer this goes on, the more it seems he just doesn't give a shit about us fans.

idbl_fanatic 05-17-2013 04:24 PM

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130130)
I gotta say, that struck me.

I believe in him too, but things lately got so bad, I just don't know anymore. I'm sure Jon used to believe in him as well, and maybe he still does, but he didn't sound so positive in the last few days.

Oh well, what can we do but hope for the best, really. I can't say I'm sure he'll return, though. I'm just not there at the moment. I most certainly hope so, but I don't know. And wow, now I'm starting to sound like Jon...

Jon is very clever. Think for a moment if he had said "Richie will be with us soon, but not in Vienna or Munich". Would be a smack to fans of Vienna and Munich.

KTF

danfan 05-17-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1130133)

Already posted.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130134)
Jon is very clever. Think for a moment if he had said "Richie will be with us soon, but not in Vienna or Munich". Would be a smack to fans of Vienna and Munich.

KTF

True that, but he could have worded it a million other ways if he really knew Richie was gonna be back soon. He obviously doesn't. He even dropped the "if at all" bomb. I don't wanna be pessimistic, but I don't wanna hide my head under the sand either...

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1130132)
I used to. They way things are going, I'm just not so sure I do anymore.

The longer this goes on, the more it seems he just doesn't give a shit about us fans.

Why in the fight of egos and power always has to win Jon?

Is it so difficult to understand, that Richie also can sing a song Aftermath for several nights?

Why can not promote his solo album a bit? Jon can play with King of Suburbian, but Richie can not with her ​​new album Aftermath?

jessycardy 05-17-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130140)
Why in the fight of egos and power always has to win Jon?

Is it so difficult to understand, that Richie also can sing a song Aftermath for several nights?

Why can not promote his solo album a bit? Jon can play with King of Suburbian, but Richie can not with her ​​new album Aftermath?

We don't know that it's about the damn solo songs.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130141)
We don't know that it's about the damn solo songs.

Jon said that Richie could play songs from Aftermath, and he would play his songs Not Running and Old Habits. These songs are included as a bonus track on What About Now.

What's going on? :mad:

Beaky 05-17-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130142)
Jon said that Richie could play songs from Aftermath, and he would play his songs Not Running and Old Habits. These songs are included as a bonus track on What About Now.

Quick Rolo... do us a picture!

Solid Sambora 05-17-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130143)

Please don't.

jessycardy 05-17-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130142)

Yes, but it's not like Jon's been playing those two songs of his on tour either, has he? And, honestly... as I said, I don't think it's about solo songs being played, but if that was indeed the case, it would make Richie the biggest asshole on the planet for dropping everything mid-tour because of that. Since I believe in Richie, I don't think that's the case.

rolo_tomachi 05-17-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1130143)

I could do it in five minutes, but I will not. People are tired of my images, and I also. I'm in sleep mode. You will have to deal with my poor English.