Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   SiriusXM Bon Jovi Radio ch. 709 stuff (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70840)

Thinny 06-19-2022 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1281960)
I presume these songs were selected because they were comfortable for Jon to sing at that time and not likely to blow out his voice before the big show.

Exactly! Then final choices of what was being played would have been made long before soundcheck! They needed to test the voice box, so they did It's My Life and Prayer for that, but they were never going to perform Lost Highway at the ceremony.

Captain_jovi 06-19-2022 05:28 AM

Agreed with the above. And the hatred for Who Says, I just don't get it. It's not a worldwide hit but has earned its spot as the band's last recognized hit that was, and still is, played to death on the radio in North America. Do I think it should have been played at the Hall of fame? Nope, not if it's a 4 song setlist but I'd put it as option 5 or 6, absolutely.

Dicanio 06-19-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1281962)
Agreed with the above. And the hatred for Who Says, I just don't get it. It's not a worldwide hit but has earned its spot as the band's last recognized hit that was, and still is, played to death on the radio in North America. Do I think it should have been played at the Hall of fame? Nope, not if it's a 4 song setlist but I'd put it as option 5 or 6, absolutely.

It was more of a North American hit than a worldwide hit. It didn’t even get released in half the European countries.

Thinny 06-19-2022 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1281963)
It was more of a North American hit than a worldwide hit. It didn’t even get released in half the European countries.

It was a top 5 single in England (their last song to make the top 20 actually), but that was probably the only other place that it could be considered a "hit"

Captain_jovi 06-20-2022 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicanio (Post 1281963)

Yeah, but I also said North America a bunch of times in my rationale haha. It's an American-based award, it's not like it's taking into account hits they had in Japan and Europe. Sorry, Who Says is part of the reason they made it in. Controversial stance? Sure, haha.

Rdkopper 06-20-2022 04:26 AM

Who Says wasn't a traditional hit but the due version received a ton of airplay in America, was a #1 hit on the country charts (they were also the first rock band to crossover and do that), and it won them their first and only Grammy to date, as well as a few other awards.

It was also a Jon and Richie song with no outside writers.

The song was fun for the time but it's definitely played out.

StickToYourGuns45 06-20-2022 11:36 AM

I've been listening to Cincy 87 part 1 almost on repeat since it aired last week and holy f#@k it may be the best thing I've heard from the band. I never really got into the actual cincy 87 broadcast for whatever reason, but now I really hope that part 2 will come this week. Can't believe the energy from the show. Raise Your Hands Breakout and Tokyo Road run is amazing.

StickToYourGuns45 06-23-2022 07:42 AM

Confirmed that this week will be Nashville 2013.

The first half of the show was posted to JBJ exp earlier this week, however is missing a number of tracks i.e. SIBSN, KTF, Amen, Runaway, ISWID and WWBTF. There was no mention if this was part 1 or not.

Hopefully Cincy 87' Part 2 will follow next week. Also as boring as the above may be, it is not a show that has been previously released.

YOVANAfromPeru 06-24-2022 04:57 AM

This is shit

rolo_tomachi 06-24-2022 08:14 AM

I never understood why they didn't play Wanted Dead Or Alive. It's as if Jon deliberately didn't want it to be played, to take Richie's big moment away from him. Another that I would have chosen would be Keep The Faith, the song is a hit in its own right and the turning point of the night in each show.

Click Here:
https://i.ibb.co/Jr8fxgh/cover-RNR-fame.png